Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Vasari Titans in Rebelian - A First Glimpse at Some Abilities.

By on March 3, 2012 12:32:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yottsu

Join Date 01/2011
+16

GreenFrogOnAFence had a wonderful idea. Feed the Vasari neutral colony cheap ships in order to get an idea as to what the Vasari Loyalist Titan can do.

I am currently trying to get a full index of its active abilities.

The following stat card shows the status of my scout ships after the Vasari Titan starts to heal itself. The  drain lasts for about 24 seconds.

The following picture suggest that large amounts of ships is not the way to fight this monster... It seems as though it robs other ships of their hull and antimatter in an attempt to replenish its own. Small, yet powerful fleets (composing of a Titan and support ships) will be the way to deal with this Vasari Titan.

The Titan's stats at level ten. Please take into consideration that this is a "Tier 0" Titan. I doubt that any neutral colony can research things like more hull, weapons or even shields. Also, at level 10, it can house four squadrons.

32 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 3, 2012 12:48:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

vasari gonna be invincible race

March 3, 2012 12:52:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i thought in this beta you could only be TEC

March 3, 2012 1:03:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The capture the planet gametype has a vasari fleet guarding the target world

March 3, 2012 1:06:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You can, thats why you "Feed the Vasari neutral colony cheap ships".

March 3, 2012 2:14:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How do you know its Vasari Loyalist and not Rebel Titan? Is it just assumption, or you know that for sure?

March 3, 2012 2:24:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,
How do you know its Vasari Loyalist and not Rebel Titan? Is it just assumption, or you know that for sure?

I can not be sure, but if I suddenly see their Terran world turn into a dead asteroid, we know it is the loyalists.

March 3, 2012 2:31:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yottsu,

Quoting Timmaigh, reply 5How do you know its Vasari Loyalist and not Rebel Titan? Is it just assumption, or you know that for sure?

I can not be sure, but if I suddenly see their Terran world turn into a dead asteroid, we know it is the loyalists.

well, it makes sense then. thanks for the info 

March 3, 2012 2:38:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's the Rebel Titan, as seen here:

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/419183

March 3, 2012 2:42:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah I have an inkling as well that this bad boy is the Loyalist.

Evidence: None concrete but . . .

A. It looks like something that eats planets.

B. It was mentioned in the gamespy/radar/ign articles about the death star, and this was one of the screen shots.

C. The Rebels don't sound like they are completed; however you can BARELY see something in here that is either the A. Rebel Titan, B. the New Vas Capital ship, or C. something that is already in the game and I am just an idiot.

http://pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/126556/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion/images/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion-20120217063926813.html?page=mediaFull

March 3, 2012 2:44:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Whelp I guess I was wrong. Thanks Mr. Haze!

March 3, 2012 3:48:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If that thing can regen 2760 hull points per second it is impossible to take itdown, especially if it regenerates 1380 antimatter per second aswell. Though I think when the Vasari are released as a playable race it will not be that overpowered.

March 3, 2012 3:50:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks Mr. Haze!

I am kinda glad for this, do not like the spikey design of Kultorask too much. BTW i suspected its going to be like this, not at first, because the Kultorask looks a bit like the Makaans PlanetKillers from Homeword 2, but then, it does not seem to have any "main cannon", i mean for the planetkilling purposes. While, if you look at the other Titans concept art, you can see on its front view massive red dot, which is probably main gun... Not to mention, it boasts more compact design, which makes it look bigger and therefore more apt for the "mobile homeworld" role...

March 3, 2012 3:56:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
  1. When we observed the titian this heal didn’t last long and the cool down was tremendous (the cooldown was to the point that in a large battle you would be very lucky to get it off twice)
  2. Based upon new data it is affect by ship in range there was about 100 ships

Response to Teun-A-Roonius

March 3, 2012 3:56:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Corvettes are supposed to kill passive regen stats, right?

March 3, 2012 4:00:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Already like the idea,

Devs, be blessed, Mass controll weepon FTW

March 3, 2012 4:04:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Only the TEC rebels corvettes do that thus far

March 3, 2012 4:05:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
If that thing can regen 2760 hull points per second it is impossible to take itdown, especially if it regenerates 1380 antimatter per second aswell. Though I think when the Vasari are released as a playable race it will not be that overpowered.

It was because its ability was able to target 138 of my scouts - for each ship underneath its drain, the ship gives 20 hull points and 10 antimatter. This ship was designed with the enemy fleet in mind - Especially Advent fleets. We all know how little hull they have, and how dependent they are on anti matter.

On another note, I almost have it at level 10, and I will try to put up the stat card for it.

March 3, 2012 4:15:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh man . . . I never thought about "feeding" it and having it go toe to toe with my ships )))

March 3, 2012 4:30:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting InvalidSN,
Oh man . . . I never thought about "feeding" it and having it go toe to toe with my ships )))

You can thank FrogOnAFence for the idea.

I am planning on destroying everything on the neutral colony, save for the planet and titan, and doing a titan to titan battle.

Also, build as many star bases as you can on the stars, and have then have the rally point on the neutral colony. I used scouts myself.

March 3, 2012 5:06:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Greenfrogonafence,
When we observed the titian this heal didn’t last long and the cool down was tremendous (the cooldown was to the point that in a large battle you would be very lucky to get it off twice)
Based upon new data it is affect by ship in range there was about 100 ships.

Quoting Yottsu,
It was because its ability was able to target 138 of my scouts - for each ship underneath its drain, the ship gives 20 hull points and 10 antimatter. This ship was designed with the enemy fleet in mind - Especially Advent fleets. We all know how little hull they have, and how dependent they are on anti matter.

On another note, I almost have it at level 10, and I will try to put up the stat card for it.

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, nice job at getting it to level 10 btw.

March 3, 2012 5:23:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, nice job at getting it to level 10 btw.

Tis no problem.

Also, it takes 19,500 xp for a Titan (TEC Loyalists anyways) to get to level 10, and a TEC scout is worth 8 xp. So it took me 2438 scouts (487,600 credits).

The longest part was waiting for them to die, and the Titan did not always want to use its drain ability, which made the battle drag out longer than it should of.

Also, I learned that about 200 scouts can take down a newly built Vasari Starbase!

March 3, 2012 5:48:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Scout 200 credits New capital ship 3000 credits Titian 6500 credits Getting titian to level ten to watch lay wast to whole fleets priceless For everything else there's (insert card name here)
March 3, 2012 5:57:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So . . uh  . . . I annihilated it. Like bodied it. As the Ragnarov.

I took off its shields before it even got into range.

It only took 2000 points of shield off.

Funniest thing? I turned off auto attack on accident. Didn't even need it.

Going to try as the Ankylon . . . but . . . pretty underwhelmed. :/

March 3, 2012 5:58:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The one vasari titan (not the one at the neutral world, the other) has a cone attack that sucks ships in to the front of it and converts them to resources... I enabled vasari so I could try them. I kind of hope it keeps that ability!

March 3, 2012 6:16:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Could you elaborate how you get the other?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0007203   Page Render Time: