Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

What happened to myfist0?

By on March 7, 2012 7:20:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

NR2001

Join Date 01/2012
+5

Ok, that's it with the mystery.

What was his fight about?

Why does he replace all of his hard work with "Goodbye"?

Why isn't he helping the Stardock community anymore?

Why did he destroy soase.weebly.com?

Answers?

He helped ppl mod!

Locked Post 154 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 7, 2012 7:36:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He got into an entanglement with a certain non-Sins Stardock employee.

What was his fight about?

Only they know for sure I think. Fair chance it was political, as it probably started in response to something on the JoeUser forums (I'm only guessing from what I know of their previous interactions).

Regardless its things like this that make me wish Stardock would segregate their political sites from gaming forums more, nothing good ever comes from it.

Why does he replace all of his hard work with "Goodbye"?

Why isn't he helping the Stardock community anymore?

Why did he destroy soase.weebly.com?

Apparently the argument, whatever it was about, was enough to make him quit the community for good, and decided that if he wasn't going to be here none of his work would be either. A rather selfish act to be sure, but its his stuff (well I had a few thing hosted on their, as did some others) on his site, its his to do with what he pleases.

He helped ppl mod!

Indeed. Its hard to cast blame without knowing the substance, but its rather unfortunate that an employee that had nothing to do with Sins in effect got rid of one of our most helpful members. He will be missed, but perhaps one day he'll come back.

March 7, 2012 9:47:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, its too bad.

I was working with the Sins of the Creator mod with him.... looks like it won't come about now. [e digicons]:'([/e]

I've had plenty of political, religious and theological debates on these forums, but not once has a dev caused me to have that much drama.... someone should have grown up and kept it civil

March 7, 2012 9:49:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
but its rather unfortunate that an employee that had nothing to do with Sins in effect got rid of one of our most helpful members.

Agreed.

March 7, 2012 9:51:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I talked to him and her said he isn't done with Sins--just Stardock and their forums because of the forum issue.  Unfortunately, that does affect his involvement publicly with Sins as that's the only place we can get help from him.

I've thought about setting up a thread pointing to links and have a tiny bit done this here but it's hard to cover everything.  I also don't have as full a Sins skill set as MyFis0 to try to duplicate what he did.

Right now Harpo and Zombie and a few mod team members like Goa and others are the "experts online".

MyFist0 is in school right now and was taking finals not too long ago.  maybe when he's done he'll reappear.  He's a good guy (just don't piss him off).

March 7, 2012 10:00:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is Harpo staying?  I thought he wasn't happy with Rebellion being on Steam and was nothing keepin' up with the program....

Double bad loss, if that's the case...

March 7, 2012 11:01:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't speak for Harpo and ain't starting rumors. Last I heard he was ambivalent but I hope he'll stick in there. He and Darvin were the first people to ever offer me any help. Great guys.

March 7, 2012 11:33:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I did see Darvin, Stant and Harpo raise issues. It would be difficult to replace them, but I know exactly how they feel.

March 8, 2012 12:15:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sigh.

March 8, 2012 12:17:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I for one have never used Harpo's tools, so I don't really know how valuable they are or if they could be done by someone else (my guess is they are pretty damn good given the attention they have)....

Darvin has a pretty keen eye for game mechanics and balance issues...IIRC he made some good maps too...

I don't know much about Stant other than he has a reputation...

It'd be a shame to lose these people but if it happens it happens...someone else will just have to step up to the plate!

March 8, 2012 12:53:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Darvin is a non-Steam advocate as well and may evaporate in the heat with others.

It'd be a shame to lose these people but if it happens it happens...someone else will just have to step up to the plate!

I agree so doing my part I just posted this.  It takes a village to raise an idiot...maybe we can all chip in.

March 8, 2012 1:02:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Damn son!  Nice thread....

I may one day have to get around to using that thing of Zombie's...don't know anything about eclipse but I'd gander it's probably better than the silly command prompt C++ thingies I use...

March 8, 2012 1:06:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Damn son! Nice thread....

I may one day have to get around to using that thing of Zombie's...don't know anything about eclipse but I'd gander it's probably better than the silly command prompt C++ thingies I use...

I was a bit scared off of using it at first because people were saying what a high level programming tool it was. And it is a great tool, but unlike Sinperium will tell you its quite easy to learn (at least the basics of it). If you've used any kind of IDE before it will be a breeze and a huge help.

Only thing I had a little trouble with was getting my python scripts to run within eclipse, so if you have anything similar in C++ you might have to make a batch file to execute it and set it up as an external tool.

March 8, 2012 1:28:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you've used any kind of IDE before

Only thing I had a little trouble with was getting my python scripts to run

if you have anything similar in C++ you might have to make a batch file

Lol...I rest my case.  These phrases do not sound anything like part of the idiot vocabulary.

Uh-hunh...I see who you are.

March 8, 2012 1:29:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Double rainbow!

March 8, 2012 1:54:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
Uh-hunh...I see who you are.

Search your feelings Sinperium, you know it to be true.

March 8, 2012 2:00:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You're not my father....noooooo!

March 8, 2012 2:14:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
You're not my father....noooooo!

I was going for "You're a Developer!" or "You're not an idiot!", but you had to stick to the script. Oh well. Join me, and together we dispose Emperor Zombie and rule the modding forum as Master and begger... wait.

March 8, 2012 2:23:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh...that could work.I'd say, "Death to all zombies!"...but it seems sort of redundant.

March 8, 2012 3:21:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

how do you knight someone with a lightsaber?

March 8, 2012 3:22:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It hurts...it really hurts.

March 8, 2012 3:59:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Draakjacht,
how do you knight someone with a lightsaber?

Not as eagerly as Obi Wan did when the guy with the death sentence on umpteen worlds rightfully told Luke he shouldn't be a tard and dismiss people. 

I'd rather hear from MyFist what the exact problem was, but pulling all your threads -which help the community and not the person he was pissed off with or by- isn't cool.  The community is a big supporter of all he's done and on the surface seems immature -and coming from me -DAMN!

Would seem better to say, screw you, I'm never dealing with "Muppet from Planet XIII", whoever they are, but I'm gonna stick by the modding community who have done more for SOASE than most devs.  I mean seriously, look at the volume of kick ass stuff the modding community has put out and personally, I'm a bit pissed that lots of mod ideas are going into Rebellion without even a "Thanks modders, you've inspired the lot of us to do better."

March 8, 2012 11:55:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We really can't make judgments about MyFist0...

I'm quite sure that all of us have no idea what the true circumstances were...

Maybe he also wants to take a break and do something else?

I just feel that making a dedicated thread and calling him "immature" is not going to go over well if he decides to return.

March 8, 2012 1:35:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
Oh...that could work.I'd say, "Death to all zombies!"...but it seems sort of redundant.

How'd I get pulled into this mess?

March 8, 2012 1:35:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

MyFist0 was actually an agent for an advanced alien species.  They chose the Stardock forums as a test of mankind's evolutionary advancement to see if we merited not being exterminated.

It's gonna be bad man...really bad.

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

How'd I get pulled into this mess?

I'm pretty sure you smelled the gum...drama flavored.

March 9, 2012 5:25:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As the "Sins modding pioneer" watches quietly in the background.. Trying very hard not to say "I was modding sins while you were still in diapers".. oh wait, sins came out in 2008..

It is a damn shame. I dont know what happened, and i am not sure if i want to know. If Myfist0 wants to come back he will, or he will PM me with the reason why he wont.

TBH the steam hate is bordering on ridiculous now. I dont like steam, but i dont hate it ether. I wont say anymore about it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time: