Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[Idea] Peace Maker

By on March 28, 2012 11:26:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

spacepilot

Join Date 12/2011

My younger brother was playing Diplomacy earlier and he had an idea that he wanted me to put up here to get everyone's opinion...the idea is this:

Create some kind of ability or option when dealing with other players (and AI) to help create peace among your own friends.  As in, if your good friends (like at least 12.00 to 15.00 with both) (both ways, you like them, they like you), then you could help them with their relationship.  i don't know exactly how this would work, but maybe they both just get a 2.00 or 3.00 point boost in their relationships...

This would help you build stronger allies, and allow unofficial "teams" to gain a small advantage.

thoughts???

Edit:  a thought? Anyone?

Locked Post 4 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 28, 2012 5:06:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would be nice to have something like that.

March 28, 2012 11:03:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Blessed are they who make peace, for they will be called the children of God.

Matthew 5:9  [e digicons]O:)[/e]

March 29, 2012 4:19:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

+1

Great idea! This feels like something that might fit well with the Advent. Maybe they could even have a weapon that hurts enemy alliances' relations. Like a paranoia bomb that incites fear and distrust. Maybe they could 'siphon' and steal relations from your allies to boost their own relations with the same. You could go in all sorts of directions with this. Let's get some more ideas in here!

March 29, 2012 9:13:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Currently the Advent have a passive boost that helps them establish relations with other factions much more easily. It is a nice touch to be honest.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: