Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[Suggestion] Video subtitles for Sins Rebellion

By on April 4, 2012 4:05:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Humility

Join Date 09/2007
+7

I had all sins of solar empire, and both add on, but open movies or video lack of subtitles, though it's might not need, but it's nice for me

to understand what they were saying. I'm deaf, that's why I like subtitle, I'm sure even some old hearing people or non english speaking might like it too.  So will there be subtitle for Rebellion? Nice to had, I did pre-order this game, and I did pre-order element fallen entess, too, had post in thier forum, too. I don't know if need in this game, but nice to had and understand easy, while in fallen ente, element game must had, I don't understand thier video in the game. LOL.

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 4, 2012 4:09:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If there's no chance of this, I'd be happy to transcribe the openings for you, if you'd like.

April 4, 2012 4:34:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thats a real shame the sounds really add to the game, but it cannot be helped.

April 4, 2012 5:10:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

[quote who="Mr. Haze" reply="1" id="3120683"]If there's no chance of this, I'd be happy to transcribe the openings for you, if you'd like.[/quote]Yes, Please, but I do had someone do that for old very first solar empire long time ago, if you click my history post, but however, nobody did transcrible for me for Entrenchment and Diplomacy. But Oh well, but please do so transcrible for transcribe Rebellion Open moving, but I not sure I see in beta game, but I did see somewhere Youtube, even with Youtube's subitlte messy up, they try to follow voice to text, but epic failed if speaking too fast or something.

April 4, 2012 5:27:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would appreciate subtitles too, as a non-native speaker. I could understand more or less everything on that video, but the last sentence about the Vasari Rebels kept eluding me, until someone transcribed it on some thread related to that video. 

April 4, 2012 5:31:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just a tic, and I shall do it for you right now, all of the voice overs in the intros are done by a TEC Commander.

Sins of a Solar Empire:

"We don't know who they are, we don't where they came from, but we do know they are desperate, and they've been on the run for a long, long time.

They arrived in Trader space almost 10 years ago, on the day my son was born. At first, we didn't stand a chance, a millenium of peace and prosperity makes you soft, but things can change quickly, regardless. It's been a long time since then, and we've put up a hell of a fight.

Well the Aluxite Dynasty fell, the Trade Order suspended it's agenda, and rebranded itself the Trader Emergency Coalition, a single authority backed by the wealth of the central worlds. The situation was looking so hopeful that command withdrew the weary first generation, and sent us home to our families. I even thought my life might become normal again, until they returned...

Our ancestors had found them 1000 years ago, hidden away on a remote desert planet, a sinful society of deviants. Bretheren or not, we could not coexist with such creatures, our ancestors knew what had to be done, there was no question, they had to be removed, and that they were. An entire planet, expelled into the depths of space.

Now, they call they call themselves The Advent, and they're even more twisted and powerful than they were in the stories used to frighten us as children. With most of our forces tied up on the alien front, they're ravaging the undefended sectors, and that's why decomped veterans are being forced back into service. There's no one left to defend our homes, and the sons we hardly know."

Entrenchment has no speech during it's opening clip.

Sins of a Solar Empire - Diplomacy:

"It's been a quarter century since the aliens first struck, nearly half that since they returned. 25 years of non-stop war, I can't count the people we've lost, the worlds enslaved, or the systems slaughtered. A torrent of dying that continued until we built our great fortresses. Behind our wall we worked tirelessly for years, we reorganized, we rebuilt and we reprioritized. A mighty new force destined to exterminate our enemies, and rule all that remains.

Or so our leaders would have us believe... Now there is dissention amongst us, many fear we will go too far, and that war has dragged on long enough.

We seek another way, we seek... diplomacy."

Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion:

"Our many sovereign worlds thrived under the guidance of the Trade Order, and for centuries we enjoyed peace and prosperity, the ways of war had long forgotten. Then the aliens came, despite fleeing from their own destruction, they overran our meager defenses, enslaved our people, and plundered our worlds.

Desperate, and unable to mount a resistance on their own, many worlds ceded their authority, transforming the Order into the Trader Emergency Coalition. United under a single banner, we finally stood a fighting chance, and our vast commercial fleet was slowly retooled into a shield against the alien advance. It seemed our fortunes were turning, as we mounted a counteroffensive, such hope was shortlived...

The long banished deviants, now calling themselves The Advent, returned more powerful and twisted than we could have imagined. Many undefended worlds fell to their corruption before we could redirect forces from the alien front.

Caught between The Advent's revenge and the alien onslaught, we were forced to dig in, we built up mighty defenses to outlast our enemies, and eventually, we even sought peace.

Now, after 30 years of constant warfare, our alliances are breaking down, the coalition is split between those who would withdraw, and those who would lash out.

Rebellion has even started to fracture the unity of The Advent, and I'm not sure if they still want to destroy us, or eachother.

Meanwhile, the alien assault has become increasingly desperate. Though strangely, their outcasts may end up being our salvation...

Especially, if the warning is true..."

And while I was typing that out, Advent were readded, time to go have some fun, I hope this has helped you.

April 4, 2012 5:41:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, there's no chance of that but kudos to Mr. Haze for posting the transcript!

April 4, 2012 6:07:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A mod could be created just to provide the subtitled intro--or to provide a foreign language version.  just takes someone knowing the other language.

I don't know another language well enough to do a good translation but I was able to translater it into the dialect of the Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show...

"It's beee a qooerter centoory seence-a zee eleeens furst stroock, neerly helff thet seence-a zeey retoorned. Bork bork bork! 25 yeers ooff nun-stup ver, I cun't cuoont zee peuple-a ve'fe-a lust, zee vurlds inslefed, oor zee systems slooghtered. Bork bork bork! A turrent ooff dyeeng thet cunteenooed unteel ve-a booeelt oooor greet furtresses. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Beheend oooor vell ve-a vurked turelessly fur yeers, ve-a reurguneezed, ve-a rebooeelt und ve-a repreeuritized. Bork bork bork! A meeghty noo furce-a desteened tu ixtermeenete-a oooor inemeees, und roole-a ell thet remeeens. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Oor su oooor leeders vuoold hefe-a us beleeefe-a... Noo zeere-a is deessenshun emungst us, muny feer ve-a veell gu tuu fer, und thet ver hes dregged oon lung inuoogh.

Ve-a seek unuzeer vey, ve-a seek... deeplumecy. Bork bork bork!"

Seens ooff a Suler Impure-a - Rebelleeun:

"Oooor muny sufereeegn vurlds threefed under zee gooeedunce-a ooff zee Trede-a Oorder, und fur centooreees ve-a injuyed peece-a und pruspereety, zee veys ooff ver hed lung furguttee. Zeen zee eleeens ceme-a, despeete-a fleeeeng frum zeeur oovn destroocshun, zeey ooferrun oooor meeger deffenses, inslefed oooor peuple-a, und ploondered oooor vurlds. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Desperete-a, und uneble-a tu muoont a reseestunce-a oon zeeur oovn, muny vurlds ceded zeeur oothureety, trunsffurmeeng zee Oorder intu zee Treder Imergency Cueleeshun. Uneeted under a seengle-a bunner, ve-a feenelly stuud a feeghting chunce-a, und oooor fest cummerceeel fleet ves slooly retuuled intu a sheeeld egeeenst zee eleeee edfunce-a. It seemed oooor furtoones vere-a toorneeng, es ve-a muoonted a cuoonteruffffenseefe-a, sooch hupe-a ves shurtleefed. Bork bork bork!..

Zee lung buneeshed defeeunts, noo celleeng zeemselfes Zee Edfent, retoorned mure-a pooerffool und tveested thun ve-a cuoold hefe-a imegeened. Bork bork bork! Muny undeffended vurlds fell tu zeeur curroopshun beffure-a ve-a cuoold redurect furces frum zee eleeee frunt. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Cooght betveee Zee Edfent's refenge-a und zee eleeee oonslooght, ve-a vere-a furced tu deeg in, ve-a booeelt up meeghty deffenses tu ooootlest oooor inemeees, und ifentooelly, ve-a ifee suooght peece-a.

Noo, effter 30 yeers ooff cunstunt verffere-a, oooor elleeunces ere-a breekeeng doon, zee cueleeshun is spleet betveee thuse-a vhu vuoold veethdrev, und thuse-a vhu vuoold lesh oooot. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Rebelleeun hes ifee sterted tu frectoore-a ooff Zee Edfent, und I'm nut soore-a iff zeey steell vunt tu destruy us, oor iechuzeer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

Meunvheele-a, zee eleeee essoolt hes becume-a increeseeng desperete-a. Thuoogh strungely, zeeur ooootcests mey ind up beeeng oooor selfeshun...

Ispeceeelly, iff zee verneeng is trooe-a..."

April 4, 2012 7:44:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you! It's great helped me and gave me peace now that I know rather than not know and annyod me! LOL!

Hope other who not understand movies open find this.

April 4, 2012 7:58:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I need subtitles too please. Do eeet stardock.

April 5, 2012 3:51:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Your an asset to the community Haze.

April 5, 2012 4:15:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

o7

April 7, 2012 10:23:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, it could be very appreciate to have french subtitles, for more immersive expérience, and understanding more the voices that are good, in english, but not very understandable

April 7, 2012 10:33:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hahahaha

Sinperium

we don't appreciate you enough

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000922   Page Render Time: