Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Which devs are from Ironclad?

it seams on the forums all of the "moderators"-devs have stardock logo things

By on April 11, 2012 3:34:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

axxo2

Join Date 10/2010
+49

it would be nice if you guys included a little ironclad logo with the stardock logo just so that we know who is who

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 11, 2012 3:38:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ironclad Devs don't have the Stardock logo. They just have a bar with an orange lifejacket that says "Moderator".

April 11, 2012 3:43:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

oooh ic ok so orange life jacket=ironcald?

April 11, 2012 3:50:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
oooh ic ok so orange life jacket=ironcald?

Yes, at least on this forum.

April 11, 2012 6:05:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ironclad personnel actually have an Ironclad badge, though some of their accounts may not have the right flag set for it (I know Blair has more than one). There are others with the moderator badge, so that's not really a sure indicator.

April 11, 2012 7:21:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

nice! i like the badge! thanks for replying so quick guys! So how come ironclad guys dont stop by the forums so often? i know they are probably bussy and dont have allot of time... but it would be cool if they stopped in once in a while too see the fans ideas... and comment on stuff...

April 11, 2012 7:24:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They're around.  Stardock and Ironclad have an atypical relationship.  I couldn't actually tell you which parts of Rebellion are done at Stardock and which parts are done there.  It's like one big team. 

April 11, 2012 7:32:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

do u guys have like a staff book? with pictures of all of you there? it would be cool to see all of the people working on soase> maybe even see what avatar is what person!? i think in the summer u guys had a link on this forum and it showed your office or something like that....

April 11, 2012 8:31:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'll see what I can do.

What's different about Stardock / Ironclad is that, thanks to the Internet, we're constantly connected. So that source code, graphics, and other assets flow.  So when I look at a ship or an effect or what have you, I honestly can't tell you who did it. 

And it's not just on the programming side.  Ironclad does a lot of marketing-level stuff that normally are related to the publisher. Even this website, I'm not sure who did what.

I'm not aware of any other publisher/developer arrangements like what is done with Stardock and Ironclad.

April 11, 2012 10:46:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's cool - you're very lucky if you have a dev/publisher relationship like that as the impression I have of most others is more distant/corporate/even at odds with each other.

April 12, 2012 9:30:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yea, it's really great to hear about how you guys function a little differently and more symbiotically! Surely is much more "human" than most other "capitalist pig-dogs" out there.

May 29, 2012 11:28:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'll see what I can do.

MR. Frog boy! any news on the request ?

May 30, 2012 12:04:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Which devs are from Ironclad

I would personally say all.

May 30, 2012 3:10:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Ironclad Devs don't have the Stardock logo. They just have a bar with an orange lifejacket that says "Moderator".

straight-jacket? 

Since you're coming out with a new game -Rebellion, how about giving Rebellion its own Modding, technical, mp, etc... section because any more we can't figure if someone wants technical for trinity or rebellion, has modding for Trinity or rebellion... wants matches for... well, you get the point.  What was just Trinity, is now getting flooded with Rebellion stuff and it's just gonna get sloppier.

May 31, 2012 2:22:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think the Ironclad guys do get an Ironclad badge, but they don't post very often. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: