Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

What does Rebellion include? :)

By on April 13, 2012 3:49:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

galaxy366

Join Date 09/2008

Hello there people!

So I am about to buy Rebellion of to Steam, but would like to know what for features it has.

I know about the shadowing, and titans, but more not.

So here is a list and I would love it if some of you should answer them .

1. Are the textures redone? (higher resolution)

2. Rotating turrets? (If no, then maybe with a future update?. and why wouldn't it be possible?)

3. New maps?

4. Do the graphics look allot better then Trinity? or it is about the same?

Thats it for now , shouldn't think of anything more.

Not Rebellion related:

Will there be another Expansion after this? maybe with the 4th faction? the ones who follow the Vasari.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 13, 2012 4:02:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1. Are the textures redone? (higher resolution)

2. Rotating turrets? (If no, then maybe with a future update?. and why wouldn't it be possible?)

No, but really the lighting does help out with making the textures look much better.

They've refused to do rotating turrets from day one because having lots of independent moving parts on each of the thousands of ships in game would be too much for your poor processor.

3. New maps?

There was supposed to be, but we haven't seen them in the Beta yet.

4. Do the graphics look allot better then Trinity? or it is about the same?

The shadows, lighting, shadder and particle effect updates are a noticeable improvement over trinity. Its not a quantum leap but its certainly noticeable.

There are some new ships, like a new capitalship for every race, and a new corvette class frigate that acts a bit like a fighter. Also each faction now has two subfactions with different strategies and specializations available to them.

That said, the final list of what it will include is unknown. This interview basically has all the features that were ever promised, but not all of them have appeared in the beta yet. Its not clear if they will be added in a later beta, if they'll be added after release (patch or DLC), or if they've been canceled.

April 13, 2012 4:11:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for telling

April 13, 2012 5:43:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Basically I look at Trinity like the original star wars going HD and bluray.

While there is certainly new content, the factions and the titans. It isn't a major overhaul or entirely new version. Sins 1.5 if you will. Graphics is a lot faster and most certainly look better. Lag is still there, although expect since each player can have over 200 meshes going at once, x10 player that is over 2k meshes, all with 10k vertices. Although there are better engine algorithms do help.

April 13, 2012 9:13:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
... but not all of them have appeared in the beta yet.

Looking at it, the only things I see missing promised there are Scenarios and 'Vasari stuff'. Is there something else?

April 13, 2012 9:25:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SithLordAJ,
Looking at it, the only things I see missing promised there are Scenarios and 'Vasari stuff'. Is there something else?

Improved AI (maybe it is slightly better against Starbases and things but overall its not an improvement yet), and I think people wanted a lot more functionality out of multiplayer due to the steam integration. Scenarios are the big one though. Even if they're fairly simple if they do end up included that will be a big feature.

April 13, 2012 9:37:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yeah, I'm antsy for them and hoping the word 'Scenarios' is not equal to 'maps'. Though I'm up for additional maps as well. I'd even settle for the Devs just allowing people to make Scenarios so we can make up a campaign.

April 14, 2012 12:25:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you want to play "the real Sins game", online multiplayer PvP, then you'll definitely want to pick up Rebellion.  Hopefully hundreds if not over a thousand people will be playing it online at any given time.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time: