Greetings players! We've been getting reports of multiplayer desyncs with the game and would like to try and pin this down. In order to do so, we need more data from those hitting the issue.
It would help us a great deal if users could use the Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Dev.exe while testing this out and clear out your Checksum folder (mentioned below) after each test.
Each player needs to do the following:
In order to send us useful data, you'll need to modify your rebellion.user.setting file located at:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Setting
In your rebellion.user.setting file:
0) Run the dev exe. You should only play using it, not the release exe (note: you will need to do this manually in the install directory - it is not accessible via Steam by default). It should be somewhere like:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire rebellion
1) Exit the game (this will recreate your settings file).
2) Set SaveCheckSumSnapShotsOnSave to TRUE.
3) Set AutoSaveTickFrequency to 60.
3) Start a new game, use the same maps, same races, all the same settings, etc.
4) Try to replicate your play pattern each game.
If you desync, exit the game and in your rebellion.user.setting file:
1) Set IsCheckSumLoggingOn to TRUE.
Load up your autosaves until you find one where you're not desync'd. Play until you do.
Send the first good autosave and all the ones in between that and the desync, along with your CheckSum files (in the CheckSum directory in My Games) for each player (zipped) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include any steps you may have found that reproduced the desync along with game settings.
You may want to clear out your saves and checksums on each attempt, as they will take quite a bit of disk space after a while.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.