Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Please stop AI using Superweapons

By on April 20, 2012 12:08:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nreth

Join Date 08/2006

As title says...

& Sorry for yet another superweapon post...

Prior to rebellion i used to be able have long drawn out games with the ai using vast fleets and fighting to the bitter end.

However in beta, after a few hours novaliths appear, which soon leads to the pirates getting novalithed to extinction

then the weaker side usually surrenders not long after.  I had an enemy TEC owning half of the gateway map just suddenly surrender after being battered by my TEC ally using 3-4 novaliths of his own =/

Please please consider allowing "only" the top(hardest) level ai's to use superweapons =/

Cheers

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 20, 2012 12:42:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Apparently a superweapon limit per faction if being implemented.

April 20, 2012 3:24:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd rather not have the AI only at higher levels use Superweapons, because i only play against Unfair, Cruel and sometimes Vicious AI's. I would just like to see the AI only use them when reaching a stalemate in the game. Though that is probably too much to ask for.

Well at least something needs to be done about excessive superweapon useage...

April 20, 2012 3:38:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
I would just like to see the AI only use them when reaching a stalemate in the game. Though that is probably too much to ask for.

I agree with Teun on this one. That would be absolutely ideal!

April 20, 2012 4:23:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think it'd be safe to let them build superweapons AFTER researching the last fleet supply tech. With that requirement (and hopefully fixed AI that builds frigates/cruisers again) you would only see superweapons LATE LATE game and it would prevent the AI from wasting resources on them too early and handicap their economy if they rush for them anyways. 

April 20, 2012 5:07:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would be ok with them using superweapons as a last resort or as a particular AI-personality type (fortifier most likely).  I'd still like to face good , old fashioned, frigate spam sometimes too.

April 20, 2012 11:24:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting stein220,
I'd still like to face good , old fashioned, frigate spam sometimes too.
Yea same here. Looking forward to the part where the dev's will focus more on the AI. It needs to stop building only capital ships while building next to no frigates and cruisers.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: