Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Sins Fleet Calculator

I think this belongs here

By on April 30, 2012 10:17:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

Skymarshall...

Join Date 11/2011
+3

I put together a fleet calculator/planner/organiser database application for a friend, and decided I'd share it with y'all, in the case someone finds it helpful.

Check it out: http://insomnia-party.com/heff/static.php?page=sinscalc

Current version: v2.2

Locked Post 53 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 30, 2012 11:27:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A man after my own heart.  I'm DLing it now and will post back after I go through it.  Is it for Rebellion or Trinity?

April 30, 2012 12:21:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Posting here so that I can see any updates to the thread.

Awesome stuff by the way!

April 30, 2012 1:29:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If the calculations could also include the total DPS and focus fire DPS of the fleet in question, that would be even more helpful.

April 30, 2012 2:41:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Very cool--PM ZombieRus and ask him about data--his Eclipse plug-in can grab it for you and he makes his build publicly available.

April 30, 2012 11:06:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Sinperium - it has the Rebellion units in there, but their prices aren't right just yet. Like Vasari.

@Volt: Total/Focus? Please elaborate (I'm not that deep in the game's mechanics yet haha). Would that need some research switches as well?

May 1, 2012 12:32:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All ships have a listed DPS.  Their most powerful bank (fore, aft, starboard, or port) will face the enemy the ship as a whole is aiming at.  That is a ship's focused DPS.  It's total DPS is the sum of the DPS's of it's various weapons on it's infocard multiplied by the number of targets per bank.

May 1, 2012 12:38:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

"It's total DPS is the sum of the DPS's of it's various weapons on it's infocard multiplied by the number of targets per bank."

Hmmm...is there any specific number you think would be a good average for the number of targets per bank?

May 1, 2012 1:49:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SkymarshallHeff,
Hmmm...is there any specific number you think would be a good average for the number of targets per bank?

May 1, 2012 1:51:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

it can be found in the entity files for the ships.

May 1, 2012 2:51:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are you referring to the items in <Sins>\GameInfo? These items can't be opened with a text editor. Looks like it's time to get familiar with the modding tools?

May 1, 2012 8:52:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sup guys. Found a couple of bugs that I fixed, namely:

When trying to add a ship to a fleet, if that ship existed elsewhere, it would be added to the wrong fleet.

The unit category may have duplicate entries in it.

As far as I can tell, both of these bugs have been fixed. New version uploaded to my site.

Edit: also, what do you think of this potential UI a friend proposed? 

http://insomnia-party.com/heff/res/sins_proto2.png

May 1, 2012 10:36:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I like the original UI but can see where the second has advantages.

Great job.  One field you could add that would be helpful is build times so you can know how long it will take.

May 1, 2012 4:12:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SkymarshallHeff,
Are you referring to the items in <Sins>\GameInfo? These items can't be opened with a text editor. Looks like it's time to get familiar with the modding tools?

Yep.

Also, build times could be handy.  Capital build times, frigate build times, and titan build times should be independent though because they each require a different type of factory.

May 1, 2012 4:50:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SkymarshallHeff,
YES. all you need to do to convert the files to editable is

1 copy the entire folder structure to another location

2 (either manually convert using the ConvertData_ExPaNsIoN.exe EACH of the files in each of the folders, OR download and extract my sins modding utilities (which includes a text bin gui that uses the ConvertData_ExPaNsIoN.exe to convert ALL the files in the non-program files location to text mode)

or

download the latest set of reference files from my reference files thread.

harpo

May 1, 2012 5:24:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Didn't know you had the files up for rebellion

*sprints to look at Vasari abilities* 

May 1, 2012 6:36:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the helpful info guys. Build times was already on the to do list As well as a couple other bits and bobs. I'll let you know when it's ready to rock.

May 3, 2012 1:29:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey all. v2.0 is uploaded and good to go.

New stuff:

• Fleet average DPS readings
  • Fleet build times
  • Fleet research tier (for example, a fleet of Aeria Drone Hosts has a tier requirement of 2, as its a second tier research item)
  • Newer UI
  • Quantity is now editable directly in the units datagrid
  • Fleets now have a Clear button - which keeps the fleet, but deletes the ships in it.
  • Fleets now also have a notes text box - put your thoughts about the fleet in there note - you have to tab out of the text box or it won't save what you've written.
  • A bunch of internal stuff only I care about
  • Vasari Rebellion data!

Note that I had trouble coming to a consensus on some of the DPS values. For example, Marza has a battery that does Titan level DPS (1200 focus). I also didn't factor fighters into the capitals or titans, except carriers, which are calculated with maximum fighter capacity.

If you disagree with any of the DPS values, give me a better one and I'll update the database.

Find the new version right here: http://insomnia-party.com/heff/static.php?page=sinscalc

Enjoy, and new feature requests/feedback (or hatemail) are welcome

Edit: Due to this version being a complete from-scratch rewrite, there may be a few silly bugs present now that may not have been before. Please report them if you find them! BUGS MUST DIE

Edit 2: Due to the shiny new patch graced upon us, the DPS values of changed units will -definitely- be off.

May 3, 2012 1:33:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yay!  Lol--you really must have insomnia. 

Nice additions and computing DPS has a lot of variables it's really hard to just say, "It's this".

May 3, 2012 1:33:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Maybe - I mean, it is 3:33AM here, lol.

May 3, 2012 1:39:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks like you still have the old version up as download?

May 3, 2012 1:40:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

fffffffffff

http://insomnia-party.com/heff/res/SinsFleetCalc_2000.rar is the link, lol I'll update the page

May 3, 2012 1:49:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I do it all the time.  It's what happens when you script-code in place of sleeping.

May 3, 2012 7:38:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The remove button doesn't seem to work.

Looking at this, the only things remaining that I can think of that would be nice would be a few new stats:

Total Shields: the total shield health of units.

Total Effective Hull: the sum of the effective hulls (Effective Hull = Hull*(1+0.05*Armor)) of all ships in the fleet.  This and the above stat would be good indicators of overall fleet survivability.

I've provided some basic framework here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?pcwxn29hf941gam

You could have a final Fleet Score category that would take into effect how many more ships are in your most common armor type compared to your second most common armor type.  It would probably be something vaguely like..

Fleet Score = (100 * Fleet Efficiency) / (ln(1 + (Most Common Armor Count - Second Most Common)))

where obviously a higher score would be better.  Idk..  I think it could be interesting.

May 3, 2012 9:34:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmm...

Posting here so I can keep up with this.  Now I can plan my fleets and not have to guess about slots.

This should be stickied.

Edit: Added this to my list of mods and other useful links.

May 4, 2012 12:45:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Imperator: I had a habit of guessing my slots...wrongly. So I made this haha. Thanks for the nod.

@Volt: Sorry In my sleep deprived state, I uploaded a beta build. Grab the working one here:

http://insomnia-party.com/heff/res/SinsFleetCalc_2001.rar

If you have fleets made that you don't want to remake, don't overwrite the Sins.db file.

You seem to be quite in the know about the numbers of the game: reckon you could help me come up with better DPS numbers? Note that I'm actually not that good at this game, lol.

As for your new ideas - hull, shield, fleet score - I think that's quite doable, actually. On the to do list!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time: