1. Some was tottaly not a threat. Like spiders, butchers, bandits, ignys, etc. That feels right, because they dont give nothing usefull, just basic braipain. Some was right, like giant dinosaurs, dragons, shrills - because they are not so easy to defeat, but give admirable reward. Some was like "free farm" like air elemental. Once i defeated 1 at level 3, and get hunter shortsword, that made my game to fast win. This is obviusly bad. Some was too hardcore - bosses. They simple dont cost so much. If u can kill them - you actually can defeat any player on map.(And also, they dont feel competetive. If they were like Nashor from LoL or Roshan from dota - u actually cant defeat your enemies, but if u defeat that boss u will get epic adventage, that maybe allow you to.). Also there are very strong mosters but unrewarding. Like ophidian. Thats bad too, but maybe they supposed to be that way - like spiders are basic brainpain, those are more brainpain.
2. I played on normal. They seems right overall, but do some stupid moves. Like declaing war on me, when i got x3 better army. I'd understand that, if i get some gamewinning conditions, but it was midgame. Also AI seems to not understand magic. He uses bad magic, and also dont understand for example that i might use firrebal and 1shot whole army.
3. Always normal. Because this supposed to be most balanced choice for fair game.
4. I played many of them. Altar one seems stupid. Thats because of his "Adventurer" skill. It is useless when creeping is so easy. But he got nice synergy perk - natural leader. But why not create more usefull soverign with that skill? Lady Irane is very good, but "hunter" is, as i think, not very good trait. maybe if combined with beastlord... Also anyway i think Lady Irane must have some assassin type of job, because she i very good for that role. Pariden leader is just fine. Also Emprero Kraxavox have "wealth". and i think its waste. I also created my own soverign, diplomat+water2+death2+autment+brilliant+clumsy - was vey good, disbales, curses, very good mage. Also - impulsive in creation is imbalanced. maybe it will be mroe balanced if picked as proffesion.
5. Heroes+cheap soldiaers. Magic if heroes were mages. In end i add some hi-tec troops.
6. dont have yet. Only autosaves i got.
Overrall i think game needs more varity. More options. More interesting city managment. Less random in heroes(more straightforward skills must be offerred, if u have some basic skills(potential 1, vital strike 1) - game must offer to levelup at least one of this skills. Less random equipement, i dont want to get epic swords from pile of stash. Less useless magic, i think death 5 is useless(almost any magic 5 is very situative). In other ways some magic is musthave. Air can be leveled only for 4, for clous walk.
And more balance in proffessions of soverign, some are meh(hunter, adventurer, bandit lord).