Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Bug with fleet creation

Major oversight with fleet creation that has been there since the start of Sins

By on May 20, 2012 4:39:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TerribleNate

Join Date 01/2009
+4

I am a heavy user of number groups for my fleets and for some reason since the start of SOASE if I ever messup and give two fleets the same number there is no way to fix the mistake other than scuttle all the ships in that fleet. If I attempt to reassign groups to my fleets they just get multible groups assigned. How does this bug still exist? PLEASE FIX THIS NOW!

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 20, 2012 5:07:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Or, you could just bind the old fleet to a different number and swap bindings around until the fleets are set to your preferred bindings.  Not hard, and much cheaper than scuttling a whole fleet.

May 20, 2012 8:55:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Haha yeah, 'major oversight' indeed. It's not even a problem.

May 21, 2012 2:27:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WOW Emperorjarin check your facts before posting please swapping bindings just adds more bindings to the fleet REALLY????

May 21, 2012 2:28:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ghostwish same goes for you buddy, sorry but its a petpeave of mine when people spout their mouths off without checking facts first.

May 21, 2012 2:46:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Umm..  You can rebind over top of another fleet/object...  It's entirely possible.  I don't see what your problem is.

May 21, 2012 3:07:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If other people are able to do this then it is bugged for me and needs to be moved to the bug area I guess.

May 21, 2012 5:44:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TerribleNate,
If other people are able to do this then it is bugged for me and needs to be moved to the bug area I guess.

translates to:

My brain is bugged. i can't bind shit

P.s

What constitutes as a brain bug?

1. Chemical Imbalance?
  2. Signs of a retard?

May 21, 2012 10:32:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RiddleKing,
Quoting TerribleNate, reply 6If other people are able to do this then it is bugged for me and needs to be moved to the bug area I guess.

translates to:

My brain is bugged. i can't bind shit

P.s

What constitutes as a brain bug?

Chemical Imbalance?
Signs of a retard?

Really? I am posting about a fuction that is not working for me in a beta forum and your making jokes about it.

May 21, 2012 11:25:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, you did kind of go off on Emperor and Ghost, so I'm assuming that's why he did that. 

But anyways, yeah, if you bind fleet A to 1 and then accidentally bind fleet B to fleet 1 later, in the process you would have unbound fleet A from 1.  I think if you accidentally were to to ctrl+shift+1 you would actually add the ships to the hotkey instead of replacing the current one which may be your problem.  If you accidentally do this, just select a random ship in the fleet and ctrl+1 it.  That would wipe the fleet of anything else aside from that ship.  Then, just select the fleet you intend to be on that hotkey and ctrl+1 it.

May 21, 2012 1:07:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
Well, you did kind of go off on Emperor and Ghost, so I'm assuming that's why he did that. 

But anyways, yeah, if you bind fleet A to 1 and then accidentally bind fleet B to fleet 1 later, in the process you would have unbound fleet A from 1.  I think if you accidentally were to to ctrl+shift+1 you would actually add the ships to the hotkey instead of replacing the current one which may be your problem.  If you accidentally do this, just select a random ship in the fleet and ctrl+1 it.  That would wipe the fleet of anything else aside from that ship.  Then, just select the fleet you intend to be on that hotkey and ctrl+1 it.

What volt said..

oh--i wasn't joking Mr Brain bug and i'd like to really know what you think on the matter in regards to chemical imbalance or signs of a retard.

Whereby being told the solution to the problem only not to accept it and claim your the only 1 bugged fits a profile of a very complicated man and a case of human error hence the phrase brain bug..

So which are you? Mr Imbalance or Mr retard?

May 22, 2012 4:25:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,

Thanks Volt I was able to figure it out with your help, I was trying to fix the fleet as a whole all at once which does not work. The single ship did the trick however I must say I do not care for the current functionality I would prefer that it worked the way of previous rts's I have used where Ctrl overwrites everything you have selected at the point of hitting the combo. +1 Sir

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001235   Page Render Time: