Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

New Battleships ability questions

By on May 26, 2012 8:20:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ShadowSlayer56

Join Date 03/2008
+1

so far i am loving all of the new battleships, but there are a few skills i am still a bit confused about

1 the Discords Ultimate - its rather vague on some of the details, the ultimate does not say how long it effects your ships for. i see something on the tooltip that says max targets one, does that mean once one of your ships blow up the effect stops?

2 the ultimate for the new vasari Battleship makes greater nanites out of the other nanits, but sometimes when i have 2 of these and try to make a pair of greater nanits more often then noy the second ult i use to make the second swarm will sometimes eat the first GNS, even if i make the first one fly way outside of the range of the other ones ult... wut do!?

3 i remember seeing someone say something about the E on the Corsev healing it from ships that died on the enemy team as well, is this still in effect?

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 26, 2012 9:47:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1.  The reason for the target count of 1 is because whenever a ship of yours dies, it will deal x damage to a single enemy target in the process.

2.  The act of creating a GNS destroys all other NS's in the gravity well.  The only way to have more than one is to produce them one place and phase jump them to another world so they aren't destroyed in the creation of the next one.

3.  What E?

May 26, 2012 11:30:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
1.  The reason for the target count of 1 is because whenever a ship of yours dies, it will deal x damage to a single enemy target in the process.

2.  The act of creating a GNS destroys all other NS's in the gravity well.  The only way to have more than one is to produce them one place and phase jump them to another world so they aren't destroyed in the creation of the next one.

3.  What E?

1) i figured it was for balance, is there a time duration on the ships effected or is it till one of them blows up? 

2) interesting 

3) the passive on the corsev when your ships die it gets healed i remember reading that opponents ships also triggered the healing effect, just curious if that is true or not for this patch

May 26, 2012 11:56:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1. they will deal damage if they die within the next 45/60 seconds

3. only friendly ships will heal it

May 27, 2012 12:45:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thank you very much 

June 5, 2012 4:48:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ironclad's method to automatically fill in ability stats is weak at best. For abilities that create multiple buffs, it kinda picks random stats and can leave out really important ones, meaning I often dig into entity files to see what an ability is actually doing. I think they should just switch to a markup language for tooltip strings, and manually enter which stats should be shown for an ability.

June 5, 2012 5:22:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
3.  What E?

I assume you havn't played LoL

June 5, 2012 5:52:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've played a couple games and uninstalled.  Not enough to know what you're talking about there I guess.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: