Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Which Factions Would Be Most Likely To Align In Rebellion?

By on June 5, 2012 3:06:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sinperium

Join Date 02/2010
+213

I find the intro movie really fascinating and it's the first time any sort of common bond between differing factions is specifically suggested.

Along that line, which factions in Rebellion as we understand it would most likely align together and which would be least likely?

Any thoughts and anything in what you have seen so far to back it up?

For example, it's very clear that each particular factions Rebels and Loyalists are opposed to one another--but hpw does say the Advent Loyalists hatred of the Advent Rebels compare to their hatred of the TEC?

How do they feel about the TEC rebels?

It's known the TEC have an anger towards the Vasari for their invasions but they also are repelled by the Advent's "decadent practices".  Which hatred is greater?  Are they equal?

Do the Vasari hate everyone equally?

Locked Post 34 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 5, 2012 3:36:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,

I find the intro movie really fascinating and it's the first time any sort of common bond between differing factions is specifically suggested.

Along that line, which factions in Rebellion as we understand it would most likely align together and which would be least likely?

Any thoughts and anything in what you have seen so far to back it up?

For example, it's very clear that each particular factions Rebels and Loyalists are opposed to one another--but hpw does say the Advent Loyalists hatred of the Advent Rebels compare to their hatred of the TEC?

How do they feel about the TEC rebels?

It's known the TEC have an anger towards the Vasari for their invasions but they also are repelled by the Advent's "decadent practices".  Which hatred is greater?  Are they equal?

Do the Vasari hate everyone equally?

June 5, 2012 3:36:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My favorite faction is the Advent Loyalists, and I can see them teaming with the Vasari Loyalists. The Advent will be trying to assimilate the tec and the vl could possibly cooperate if only to use the advent to distract their enemies whilst they gather resources and leave. Though the AL will be trying to destroy the AR I'm sure their most hated enemy will be both tec factions, they would probably focus more on the rebs first then go for tec loyalists.

June 5, 2012 4:38:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well it's hard to say, they may be willing to work with someone, but will that group be willing to work with them?

Advent Loyalists: Traditional Unity -> Assimilate All -> Hate TEC

Advent Rebels: ->Destroy Heathen brethren (sister-en?) -> May work with the Vasari Rebels to accomplish this

TEC Loyalists: I can see them taking about any help they can get as long as they survive.

TEC Rebels: No Xenos PERIOD. If the TEC Loyalists stop pussing out pretty much them.

Vasari Loyalists: Hahaha No.

Vasari Rebels: Everyone.

June 5, 2012 5:09:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

More mood music...

June 5, 2012 7:49:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think the most likely alliance to form between the three different factions would be TEC Loyalists, Advent Rebels & Vasari Rebels.

The TEC Loyalists are most likely willing to cooperate with anyone not actively trying to annihilate them, while the Advent Rebels and Vasari Rebels believe in working together. At least the Vasari Rebels would do everything in their power to ally themselves with the other factions. The Advent Rebels focus mainly on destroying their "evil" counterparts, yet it is not unlikely they could come to terms with the TEC Loyalists...

June 5, 2012 3:52:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Both TEC factions seem to hate everyone, as do Vasari loyalists. Advent loyalists want to continue killing the heathens. Vasari rebels are the only faction who explicitly want to diplomatise, and Advent rebels seem to disagree with killing the heathens, so it'd probably be Vasari  and Advent rebels teaming up... and everyone else continuing to kill everyone else. That's how I see it.

June 5, 2012 3:56:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you really care, each player entity file has the racial diplomatic penalties/bonuses...they are near the bottom...

June 5, 2012 9:31:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
If you really care, each player entity file has the racial diplomatic penalties/bonuses...they are near the bottom...

Yeah, and the 'Relations' button on the top middle, second one over (or hit F11), shows "Faction Relations" & "Racial Inclination" if you hover over each players picture.  It looks like a pretty complex matrix.

But after perusing it a bit, it looks like TLs & VRs (TEC Loyals & Vasari Rebels) are the most likely to align.  Ofcourse each faction & race are partial to aligning with themselves, but then you don't get differing ('double') pacts.

ARs & VL look like they get along ok.  TRs appear to hate both Vasari.  AR & TL had the worst initial relations (-11.85!).

June 5, 2012 11:44:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd assume that the TL doesn't really care and will take any allies they can get but they're probably not letting them inside their walls.

TR hate everybody else.

AL are bound and determined to eradicate or assimilate the TEC.  They probably don't care a whole lot about the Vasari.

AR believe the Unity has been corrupted and thus has no need to fight the TL or Vasari, though would fight the TR for self-preservation.

VL don't care about anyone.  They just want to get out of dodge.  If the other races decided to come along, I don't think they'd mind, but they're not stopping for stragglers.

VR are going to take every chance to make nice with the others since they believe that is their only hope for survival.

As a result, my guess is that the so-called "Trinity Alliance" would consist of the VR, TL, and AR.  By the time the chasers arrive, the VL would probably be on their way and thus not concern themselves with it.  The AL would probably be the first to fall as their single-minded purpose of destroying the TEC would leave them open to attack from the rear.  In response to the new alien threat, the TR would probably surge forward through the worlds left in the wake of the loss of the AL.  They too would probably be dealt with rather swiftly, though they would likely still remain a threat in smaller battles as guerilla forces.  These two losses would probably cement the Trinity Alliance between the remaining superpowers.

Faced with eminent extinction, the TEC would retreat behind their walls and Nova bombard like never before.  Using the Deliverance Engine, the AR would probably attempt to keep morale high among allies and the mastery of life and death would likely make them an ally that the TEC would welcome as the fallen could be revived.  As for the VR, I get the feeling that they'd be the first to improve their superweapon, scrapping the phase stabilization technology of the Kostura and going for altogether more dangerous phase disruption weapons.  Also, by delving deep into their data archives, with the economic backbone of the TEC supporting them, they'd begin manufacturing advanced hulls for all three races.  Thus, I get the feeling it would be something along the lines of this..

TL: economic defenders

AR: morale-boosting medics and as indicated by Chastic Burst, they are nearing a mastery of energy as well.

VL: phase and nanotechnology extended to their absolute limits.

But then, that's just me..

June 5, 2012 11:55:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
I'd assume that the TL doesn't really care and will take any allies they can get but they're probably not letting them inside their walls.

TR hate everybody else.

AL are bound and determined to eradicate or assimilate the TEC. They probably don't care a whole lot about the Vasari.

AR believe the Unity has been corrupted and thus has no need to fight the TL or Vasari, though would fight the TR for self-preservation.

VL don't care about anyone. They just want to get out of dodge. If the other races decided to come along, I don't think they'd mind, but they're not stopping for stragglers.

VR are going to take every chance to make nice with the others since they believe that is their only hope for survival.

As a result, my guess is that the so-called "Trinity Alliance" would consist of the VR, TL, and AR. By the time the chasers arrive, the VL would probably be on their way and thus not concern themselves with it. The AL would probably be the first to fall as their single-minded purpose of destroying the TEC would leave them open to attack from the rear. In response to the new alien threat, the TR would probably surge forward through the worlds left in the wake of the loss of the AL. They too would probably be dealt with rather swiftly, though they would likely still remain a threat in smaller battles as guerilla forces. These two losses would probably cement the Trinity Alliance between the remaining superpowers.

Faced with eminent extinction, the TEC would retreat behind their walls and Nova bombard like never before. Using the Deliverance Engine, the AR would probably attempt to keep morale high among allies and the mastery of life and death would likely make them an ally that the TEC would welcome as the fallen could be revived. As for the VR, I get the feeling that they'd be the first to improve their superweapon, scrapping the phase stabilization technology of the Kostura and going for altogether more dangerous phase disruption weapons. Also, by delving deep into their data archives, with the economic backbone of the TEC supporting them, they'd begin manufacturing advanced hulls for all three races. Thus, I get the feeling it would be something along the lines of this..

AR: morale-boosting medics and as indicated by Chastic Burst, they are nearing a mastery of energy as well.

But then, that's just me.

I like this =] =] =]

June 5, 2012 11:59:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't help myself...

June 6, 2012 2:23:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
Faced with eminent extinction, the TEC would retreat behind their walls and Nova bombard like never before.  Using the Deliverance Engine, the AR would probably attempt to keep morale high among allies and the mastery of life and death would likely make them an ally that the TEC would welcome as the fallen could be revived.  As for the VR, I get the feeling that they'd be the first to improve their superweapon, scrapping the phase stabilization technology of the Kostura and going for altogether more dangerous phase disruption weapons.  Also, by delving deep into their data archives, with the economic backbone of the TEC supporting them, they'd begin manufacturing advanced hulls for all three races.  Thus, I get the feeling it would be something along the lines of this..

Nice Plot idea!

June 6, 2012 7:28:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Yeah--but that takes the fun out of it.

June 6, 2012 8:40:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
As a result, my guess is that the so-called "Trinity Alliance" would consist of the VR, TL, and AR. By the time the chasers arrive, the VL would probably be on their way and thus not concern themselves with it. The AL would probably be the first to fall as their single-minded purpose of destroying the TEC would leave them open to attack from the rear. In response to the new alien threat, the TR would probably surge forward through the worlds left in the wake of the loss of the AL. They too would probably be dealt with rather swiftly, though they would likely still remain a threat in smaller battles as guerilla forces. These two losses would probably cement the Trinity Alliance between the remaining superpowers.

Volt, very nicely done.  I like this too.  A very good extension of the lore. 

And I agree that according to lore those 3, the TL, AR & VR, are the most likely 3 to align.

June 6, 2012 9:01:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why is everyone forgetting the pirates???  Clearly the TR and the pirates is the most chummy alliance of them all...

June 6, 2012 11:26:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WE PIRATES

June 6, 2012 11:43:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,

WE PIRATES

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,

TR hate everybody else.

AL are bound and determined to eradicate or assimilate the TEC.  They probably don't care a whole lot about the Vasari.

VL don't care about anyone.  They just want to get out of dodge.  If the other races decided to come along, I don't think they'd mind, but they're not stopping for stragglers.

As a result, my guess is that the so-called "Trinity Alliance" would consist of the VR, TL, and AR.  By the time the chasers arrive, the VL would probably be on their way and thus not concern themselves with it.  The AL would probably be the first to fall as their single-minded purpose of destroying the TEC would leave them open to attack from the rear.  In response to the new alien threat, the TR would probably surge forward through the worlds left in the wake of the loss of the AL.  They too would probably be dealt with rather swiftly, though they would likely still remain a threat in smaller battles as guerilla forces.  These two losses would probably cement the Trinity Alliance between the remaining superpowers.

stop

June 6, 2012 11:44:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,

WE PIRATES

Disrespectful little whelps! I'll teach ye some respect! Ar ha ha ha har.

June 6, 2012 1:45:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TheeBaconman,
Disrespectful little whelps! I'll teach ye some respect! Ar ha ha ha har

Reminds me of Star Fox 64 0.0

June 6, 2012 2:09:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting phoenixst8r,
Quoting TheeBaconman, reply 18Disrespectful little whelps! I'll teach ye some respect! Ar ha ha ha har

Reminds me of Star Fox 64 0.0

June 7, 2012 1:35:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All of them or they get raped by what ever is chasing the vasari.

June 7, 2012 5:39:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Personally, I think Volt_Cruelerz's idea makes sense, however, lets be honest, it is a bit ambitious to think that all 3 races  would make an alliance. I can see, say, 2 out of 3 races making an alliance, but all 3 coming together in a big team up is pretty far stretched.

I'd say that you're pretty close to what would actually happen, however, neither TR or TL would be a part of the alliance. Both factions are self serving. I'd bet a ton of money that the TL would either be too afraid/resentful to let other races into their plans, and, along with trying to isolate themselves, would try to keep anybody on the outside from coming in. They're not going to want to share their plans or resources, or even the trouble of looking after someone else. I'd say they're just concerned about the survival of the human race, and they are willing to leave the other races, the Rebels, and the Neutral factions out in the cold until they've all killed each other off.

I can see the Vasari and Advent becoming allies- they actually don't have problems with each other, as far as I know. (actually, for that matter, I seriously doubt that the Vasari are really resentful about much at all) The Advent could probably swing either way as to their stance with the Vasari, who, if given enough incentive, would probably be willing to include others in their plans.

I'd say that the only 2 ways for the 3 races to stand together, would be if the above alliance between any of the Vasari or Advent factions had TEC forces under their control- The Vasari's tech tree enables them to force a planet's inhabitants into slavery, and the Advent can convert TEC (and Vasari too) to their cause. The other possibility is that while I can't see the TR/L joining this alliance, there are other human forces out there. As in, the Pirates and Neutral factions. Provided their story is different from the TR/L, I'd say them joining this big alliance is always possible.

Well, I'll say again that your story is solid, makes for good lore, and would make a great backdrop to future installments (or even, gasp, maybe an ambitious modder...?) I'd say it's just far fetched, and I wouldn't bet on it actually happening, in real life. Not to say that Sins isn't just a game, or that that alone is reason why your story shouldn't happen, of course.

June 7, 2012 6:08:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cooljedidude,
I can see, say, 2 out of 3 races making an alliance, but all 3 coming together in a big team up is pretty far stretched.

The trailer shows a fleet of Vasari, TEC and Advent ships all cooperating to survive, therefore the 'trinity alliance' does happen.

That the TL are self-serving is a good point, but the VR get an armour upgrade from the TL therefore the TL are not completely against helping others.

And Volts idea is self-evident. TR and AL cannot ally with anybody because of their ideology and the VL are shown to attack both Advent factions. That leaves only one possibility for the fleet at the end of trailer: that is TL, AR and VR. As you pointed out though, such an alliance would likely be very fragile.

Quoting Cooljedidude,
the Advent can convert TEC (and Vasari too

The Advent merely want to integrate all Humans into the Unity. How the Vasari fit into it from their point of view and if Vasari converts are even possible is a mystery.

June 7, 2012 7:28:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The TEC Rebels are the most despised faction using the game files themselves--by a large amount.  Compared to other factions, the Vasari are pretty kindly looked on by the Advent--especially ompared to their feelings toward TEC.

Ironically, the Vasari are quite mellow towards TEC Loyalists compared to their dislike of the TEC Rebels.

June 7, 2012 7:42:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the tec rebels and their pirate alliies will tell you to go f yourself. 

the vasari loyalists will most likely invite you to the alliance meeting, stripp your ship and any planet in the sytem and offer you the universal middle fingure for the spirit of coorperation.

The advent loyalists will mind control you to suicide your self or your ship on the infidel who sent you to ask for an alliance.

P.S at last nightraider catches the real troll in the forums..---> volt! 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: