Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

This forum is not for me to "troll"

By on June 12, 2012 6:34:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Mecha-Lenin

Join Date 02/2006
+35

Therefore I'm out of this forum. There are maybe 4-5 active posters on this forum who know anything about balance. Now minus 1. You clearly don't want any advice or discussion on balancing, because you are doing great job yourselves. Keep it up!

Bye Bye

Locked Post 150 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 12, 2012 11:24:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Grzzly1V,
NEW potential players WILL defer to the loudest opinions on the game forums!!

How is a loudmouth MP guy bashing the game any worse than an inexperienced noob fanboy underexagerrating a game's problems?  Both are deceiving to new players, and both divide the community...truth is, I don't want either, but at least the loudmouth MP guy is giving legit (if "impolite") criticism...

June 12, 2012 11:27:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting -Ue_Carbon,
Thats just it though, how is their 'balancing' ideas, any better than someone who is not at that ICO 'pro' level?

Just b/c they play on the majority a single game mode, does not make them the end all be all of what is balanced.

My thoughts are just as vaild as theirs, Ive played MP, Ive done SP, Ive done modding. Why are my thoughts instantly dimissed by them b/c Im not one of them? Why is anyone opinions dismissed by them for that reason?

They are quick to blast anyone but themselfs, causing drama that plagues this forum. As Ive said for years now, Its their attitude both in game, on ICO, and on the forums that is root to alot of their issues with low player counts online. 

June 13, 2012 12:25:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Trolling, and general negative attitudes towards everyone must STOP! Damn near every other post here had something bad to say from the list of usual suspects that cause the controversy.

SD/IC listens to constructive criticism. Not ranting, trolling, and flaming, and describing problems with four letter words shown multiple times in one sentence. Like what was said before. If after all that was done with Rebellion if you don't like the changes, or balance of Rebellion then you can always make a mod that has your very own balance changes in it. Too lazy to make mods? Can't deal with SD/IC's vision? Then Bye Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out, because to be brutally honest the Sins community does not need this crap any more. ENOUGH!!

June 13, 2012 12:32:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Quoting Grzzly1V, reply 25NEW potential players WILL defer to the loudest opinions on the game forums!!

How is a loudmouth MP guy bashing the game any worse than an inexperienced noob fanboy underexagerrating a game's problems?  Both are deceiving to new players, and both divide the community...truth is, I don't want either, but at least the loudmouth MP guy is giving legit (if "impolite") criticism...

2 Examples that really stuck it to me from awhile ago to just recently...

"Pathetic, FUBAR, Pitiful, Embarassing Multiplayer System. Good Job Stardock/Ironclad!

You guys continue to outdo yourselves with each attempt, or rather lack there of, at making your signature game, Sins of a Solar Empire, have a respectable multiplayer system.  Not only have you failed to provide anything but a bare-bones system known notoriously as ICO, what actually is there is a complete piece of trash.  On the last 15 multiplayer games I have played in the latest Rebellion beta patch, 14 ended in minidumps, desyncs, or both.  You can do the math...."[blah blah blah more hate]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look at, coments nere evaluation [reference to online review]

"Bigger and more stable than ever, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will happily strip-mine your life of its free time."

WTF? is it some kind of hidden camers? more stable then ever?

Wonder how much did u pay them to white this lies? Or is PC Gamer such a bitch they have fixed rate for sponsored textpased as their review?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me that this isn't harmful? If I were to read these thread headers before having bought this game back in 09 I would have some concerns about such hate coming from these people. "Maybe that game would elicit the same rage in me" I would think.

But the truth is that I love this genre and this game in particular has incredible support! Before sins I played Empire at War and it's expansion(A similar game minus the "real time" I guess making it a 3X rts?)... that game got one patch and a big F-U to the rest of the community. 

Don't get me wrong, the MPers are finding many legitimate balancing issues and what not but the delivery is DETRIMENTAL to the series.

June 13, 2012 12:33:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Grzzly1V,
2 Examples that really stuck it to me from awhile ago to just recently...

Same guy. He has been banned from what I hear.

June 13, 2012 12:36:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Carbon, I'm just covering both sides here..  The two sides should have equal voices.  That's my point.  Mecha and the other MP players need to get better about respecting the SP players, but I'm still sad to see him go because I value his views, even if I don't value the way he expresses them.

Qu4r in particular did go off the deep end today.

June 13, 2012 12:37:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,

Quoting Grzzly1V, reply 302 Examples that really stuck it to me from awhile ago to just recently...

Same guy. He has been banned from what I hear.

I left their post names out on purpose but I triple checked and they are different...?? Post should still be valid though...

June 13, 2012 12:39:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
Mecha and the other MP players need to get better about respecting the SP players,

Tried, got the short end of the stick from him and others (and I am not talking about his latest troll posts). When they were on they never treated anyone who disagreed with them with any respect. Kind of hard to treat them with respect back thought I did try when it was valid (aka a serious balance thread not a look at me I can make lame balance thread posts).

Edit: Just realized what the quote was saying. I am tired.

June 13, 2012 12:40:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Grzzly1V,

I left their post names out on purpose but I triple checked and they are different...?? Post should still be valid though...

LOL you are right. I guess I focused more on the crappy spelling one and assumed.

June 13, 2012 12:47:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz, reply 32Mecha and the other MP players need to get better about respecting the SP players,

Tried, got the short end of the stick from him and others (and I am not talking about his latest troll posts). When they were on they never treated anyone who disagreed with them with any respect. Kind of hard to treat them with respect back thought I did try when it was valid (aka a serious balance thread not a look at me I can make lame balance thread posts).

I know..  At this point, MP feels neglected by this point and takes it out on SP whom they probably largely blame for the lack of balance because SP players "don't know what they're talking about."  MP gets fed up with devs, SP gets fed up with MP.  At this point, a lot of people have lost their patience and I doubt that enough people would be willing to forgive years of what they take as offensive, but hey, I can always try.

June 13, 2012 12:48:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Even if you have legitimate complaints about the game being overly negative and down right hateful does nothing good, that unbridled fury for several members is what can destroy a community faster than the issues they are trying to have fixed. Im all for constructive criticism and civil discourse when discussing any problems with the game, and as has been stated by other presenting your argument in a polite tone will have many more benefits than foaming at the mouth with rage.

It does not matter if one has valid point or not if they get presented in an overly childish and immature manner, that gets universally ignored, either online or in real life.

June 13, 2012 12:56:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't think anyone here aside from mecha (if he's still here) thinks that the way he posted was proper.

June 13, 2012 12:59:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Im not going to name names but the behavior you refer too is limited to a few select individuals some of which I am sure have no issues with it. And seriously its not pleasant to read, maybe one or two "troll posts" are acceptable now and then, but there is a limit and its being crossed, or was being crossed.

And honestly we don't need the negativity here, we don't need to be all lovey dovey either but I feel that its NOT too much to ask that people make an effort to try and be polite as possible and present their cases in such away that does not offend people nor use unnecessarily harsh language on an excessive basis. And frankly this has not been a pleasant few months on the forum, and I hope the atmosphere changes and becomes more pleasant in the future.

Im certainly going to take someone much more seriously if they attempt to bring up issues in a reasonable manner and offer possible solutions to fix them, that are reasonable.

June 13, 2012 1:01:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
I know.. At this point, MP feels neglected by this point and takes it out on SP whom they probably largely blame for the lack of balance because SP players "don't know what they're talking about." MP gets fed up with devs, SP gets fed up with MP. At this point, a lot of people have lost their patience and I doubt that enough people would be willing to forgive years of what they take as offensive, but hey, I can always try.

Tru dat....

Quoting Grzzly1V,
Tell me that this isn't harmful?

It is...I just also feel that non-critical fanboism isn't helping the community either...I mean, if 1 very skilled player says jumping Orkies is OP for every 10 fanboys going "Jumping Orkies is awesome!", then what do you think the devs are going to do??

June 13, 2012 1:04:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The devs will fix it anyways regardless of how loud 10 people scream jumping orkie is awesome.(They have done that in the past, especially with the titans even though we have "fanbois" asking that they not be nerfed.)

And seriously when I heard about jumping orkies I thought there was a range limit not have free reign of the map which IS OP no matter how you look at it.

June 13, 2012 1:19:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We all agree there are serious balance issues that need to be addressed, particularly with the Vasari as they never really got a balance patch like the other races did.  Hopefully 1.02 will fix things though..

June 13, 2012 2:14:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
We all agree there are serious balance issues that need to be addressed, particularly with the Vasari as they never really got a balance patch like the other races did.  Hopefully 1.02 will fix things though..

QTF

To be honest know that certain ones are removed/retired/calmed down the rest of us can try to help the devs properly balance out the game.

June 13, 2012 2:19:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stop insulting Han Solo, Lenin.

June 13, 2012 2:34:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
To be honest know that certain ones are removed/retired/calmed down the rest of us can try to help the devs properly balance out the game.

I WILL NEVER CALM DOWN, YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!!

You know things are really serious when even the cookie pudding trolling doesn't occur...

June 13, 2012 6:11:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As I said more than once I play quite a lot of SP and am considered skilled in MP comunity.

Quoting Ryat,

As SP player you will never know what is true balance. WHY? Because AI is stupid and has no imagination cannot predicts human movements and will always suicide his fleet on either turrets + fleet or SB. Therefore you can say Game as it is is balanced 

Let me explain...

AI doesn't use star bases that can phase jump or it doesn't strip planets and build ships from 5 factories 20-25 min into the game. Those examples are extreme but regularly seen on ICO.

I could add Vasari rebel titan to that list which is very OP (again abilities where AI is concerned and positioning where ship is relative to enemy friendly fleet are more lottery than anything else).

TEC star base with red button with addition of 30 corvetes can be impenetrable in hands of a player but will never be in hands of AI.

I could go on and on.      

I can tell you playing against AI or playing against good human opponent is like playing two different games.

June 13, 2012 7:10:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Mecha Stop trolling already...

With the new entrants entering the game im sure some will rise to pro status, you will be nothing but a spec of dust and forgotten. Trolling to keep your name from fading away or to inflict fear to new entrants by telling them other people are trolls will only make you a better troll. Congrats because im laughing my head off enjoying the old lurker mecha pattern turn full blown up crazy..   This will further demise your skill, focus and the noobs will feed on your weakness. 

June 13, 2012 7:37:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just going on a hunch, but when the first *line* of the post contains "Rebellion team (SD?IC? I dont know anymore) is composed of morons incapable of balancing the game", the only surprising thing is that it got to page 2 before being locked.

I'm not sure why you were even remotely surprised by the outcome, and since after that you took to throwing around words like "Nazi", it's clear that you're only hanging around to troll anyway. So good riddence.

June 13, 2012 11:23:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Greg30007,
As SP player you will never know what is true balance. WHY? Because AI is stupid and has no imagination cannot predicts human movements and will always suicide his fleet on either turrets + fleet or SB. Therefore you can say Game as it is is balanced

So so true...but, a lot of SP guys unfortunately don't recognize this or agree with it...

June 13, 2012 11:33:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Greg: Absolutely agree.

June 13, 2012 1:47:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
So so true...but, a lot of SP guys unfortunately don't recognize this or agree with it...

One of reasons why I freaked out yesterday. Devs don't listen, and second you start balance thread you are swarmed with 10noobs who have no idea what they are talking about, yet feel irrepressible need to say something. 1 Greg at least understood the subject. I don't have enough patience to keep posting here.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: