Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Balance changes in upcoming 1.02 patch...

By on June 13, 2012 2:23:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Timmaigh

Join Date 05/2009
+44

...as Yarlen said in that deleted thread, apparently these changes did not become part of the current 1.01 version, as they are still being worked on. I wonder, if that means, that they are going to be just some "basic" tech-tree reshuffling or "re-writing" some numbers here and there, OR they are actually be something deeper, requiring new content/code - like for example  adding Starbase phase engines as an upgrade to the Orkulus - clearly that would require changes to coding, actual art for the icon of the upgrade, etc...

then this delay would make sense, as such things are certainly time-consuming... but the delay may again be indeed down to simple internal playtesting.... so which one do you think would it be? Are we in for some "major" surprises?

(Please, keep it civil, i am not trying here to create platform another round of trollfest, how is the game disbalanced. Clearly the devs are aware, that is why the patch 1.02 is in the works...) 

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 13, 2012 2:25:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd like to see some sort of notes that hint at the changes rather than being kept in the dark but beyond that the game is playable.

June 13, 2012 2:29:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm going to wait this out, I don't feel the need to play a game that has its balance messed up / stability issues.  Devs fix it, I'll come back. Until then I'm going to grab my morningstar and thwak some skulls in Mount and Blade.

June 13, 2012 2:34:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen did say that they were looking at the Kultorask being OP in a recent thread so other than that I don't know but I'm excited and optimistic =]

June 13, 2012 3:51:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

FYI I was just patched to 1.02.

June 13, 2012 3:56:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1.02 was panic hotfix for desync false report of nubcakes messing with autosave feature.

balance changes pushed back to 1.03 (prolly)

June 14, 2012 10:36:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm not ready to put out a detailed list of balance changes, but corvettes, Vasari Titans (both in offensive might and abilities), several techs, and more are adjusted. 

June 14, 2012 11:25:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,
I'm not ready to put out a detailed list of balance changes, but corvettes, Vasari Titans (both in offensive might and abilities), several techs, and more are adjusted. 

Good to hear and will be looking forward to this in the next couple weeks.

As for the OP, I'm assuming that it will be a bit of both..  For instance, it was Blair IIRC that said that they might do something more drastic to the jumping Orkies but wanted to see how T8 would impact things first as it was a simple and basic nerf, preventing them from being rushed so easily.

June 14, 2012 11:59:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome thanks for the info yarlen

June 14, 2012 12:59:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the info Yarlen!

June 14, 2012 2:47:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I concur, thank you for the info. Cant wait!

June 14, 2012 3:54:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sure thing guys.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: