Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Uh... suddenly unbeatable AI Titan?

By on June 14, 2012 3:42:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Viltor

Join Date 02/2008
+1

I just alt tabbed to post this, but the vasari titan (lvl 10) is currently being bombarded by 15 lvl 10 capital ships, my lvl 10 titan, a space station thats fully geared for defense, and my entire fleet. 

It regens health faster than I can kill it.  It isnt the IM DEAD BUT NOT REALLY one, but the weird umbrella one. 

How in the nine hells do I kill that thing? Ive never had trouble with it before, but now that I have 15+titan all lvl 10 I cant kill it?

This went on long enough for the other ai to rebuild the titan i just destroyed...

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 14, 2012 3:48:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Kultorask has an ability called Nano Leech.  It drains the health and AM from everything else nearby and uses it to replenish it's own.  Never use capitals/frigates against it (unless that capital is either a Radiance or Kortul as they can drain it's AM). Instead, only take things against it which are immune to Nano Leech (titans, starbases, and strike craft, though you'll want to keep your carriers out of range of the ability).

June 14, 2012 3:48:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, Nano Leech is getting a visit from the nerf bat in the pending balance update.

June 14, 2012 3:51:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,
Yeah, Nano Leech is getting a visit from the nerf bat in the pending balance update.

My day just got that much better.

June 14, 2012 3:53:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ahhhh thats what it is, I figured it had to be an ability, but...   soooo as the rebel terran, just run all of my capital ships away? Lmao.  Thanks, for the record, fighting 3 ai's when 2 are the unfair and 1s cruel makes for a looooooooooooooooong game. 

June 14, 2012 3:55:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, the higher level AIs - especially if you set them all to Aggressor - are quite the challenge.

June 14, 2012 4:03:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Viltor,
Ahhhh thats what it is, I figured it had to be an ability, but...   soooo as the rebel terran, just run all of my capital ships away? Lmao.  Thanks, for the record, fighting 3 ai's when 2 are the unfair and 1s cruel makes for a looooooooooooooooong game. 

Luckily, against non-frigates, the Kultorask is significantly less powerful, though it will still regen faster than even most capitals can dish it out, so don't bring them near unless you have a really good reason to use abilities.  Due to the fact that I seldom play TEC, I forgot about the Dunov's EMP Blast.  That'll also drain AM from the Kultorask as well as damage its shields.

The Kultorask's abilities are:

Nano Leech: this is the sole purpose you never want frigates anywhere near this titan.  It just turns them into snacks and allows it to heal at thousands of hull per second.

Nano Remit: the Kultorask drains a small amount of hull and AM from itself to give to all nearby allies.  While the hull regen doesn't do much, the AM restored by the ability is very useful.

Gravity Pulse: slows all frigates and disables any that are affected by Nano Leech.

Dissever: nukes all frigates and capitals and instills a very heavy DoT if the target is already infected with Nano Leech.

June 14, 2012 4:07:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Viltor,
Ahhhh thats what it is, I figured it had to be an ability, but... soooo as the rebel terran, just run all of my capital ships away? Lmao. Thanks, for the record, fighting 3 ai's when 2 are the unfair and 1s cruel makes for a looooooooooooooooong game.

Your Capitals are probably fine, or at least some of them. Its the "Your entire fleet of frigates" that are making it heal thousands of HP per second. None of its abilities affect titans though, so your titan should win 1v1, especially with starbase and fighter support. A few powerful capitalships maybe worth keeping around, especial the Dunov/Radiance/Kortul as they can drain titan antimatter, even though the VR titan will be able to heal a little bit on them.

June 14, 2012 4:31:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually as soon as I brought my heavy hitter capital ships around (the Kols and Marzas) it became unkillable again.  Seems it literally is send everything but titans to deal with it.  Thankfully it does not seem to pack alot of punch...

June 14, 2012 6:18:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, it's DPS is quite low for a titan.  If you can flank it, you'll do even better as it has significantly less DPS on it's port and starboard banks.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: