Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

SOGE , Rebellion

By on June 16, 2012 4:58:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Petfire

Join Date 06/2012

Hi , I just bought Rebellion on steam , It's my first Sins of solar empire game , so I don't have others. I see that 99% of mods are not suitables for rebellion , especially SOGE , the one I want to test.

So here is the question . Rebellion is an extension right ? Am I not supposed to be able to play entrechement ?

by the way ,  any tips on how I can play SOGE with my steam version of rebellion would be greatly appreciated. 

PS : (sorry if bad english I'm french )

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 16, 2012 5:23:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Rebellion contains all elements of Entrenchement but it can't be played seperately, it's a part of rebellion.

So you can't play SOGE with Rebllion....yet

Lavo is allready hard at work converting SOGE to Rebellion.  You'll just have to be patient and enjoiy Rebellion until SOGE comes out

June 16, 2012 7:38:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

petfire, it has taken the soge team several YEARS to get the mod to he current point on entrenchment and diplomacy, and rebellion was only released THIS WEEK and you want the YEARS of work to happen insantly,, perhaps you should try to make a simple (no new models or races) mod ans see how much work IS involved in a small simple mod, the try your hand at creating a SINGLE model, then getting it into the game then try texturing the model. by the time you have done these small simple exercise you will actually have an understanding of modding that might even be good enough to HELP the mod(S) you want to play.

harpo

June 16, 2012 8:04:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for you answers. harpo I'm begginer in Sins of solar empire world and community so I'm not complaining about anything ^^ It was a simple question.

So I ll wait  

June 16, 2012 8:04:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

it was just released.  If StarClad wants to, they can come out with a massive, gigantic, handy-dandy converter tool.  Until that happenes, every mod will have to tough it out and work their way in.

June 16, 2012 10:22:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Petfire, SoGE n'est pas comptable avec Rebellion a ce moment. Je travail fort pour le convertir. Aussi, je parle français si tu veux communiquer avec moi en français.

June 17, 2012 2:09:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,
Petfire, SoGE n'est pas comptable avec Rebellion a ce moment. Je travail fort pour le convertir. Aussi, je parle français si tu veux communiquer avec moi en français.

You know....I don't speak french, but I think I got the gist of that. ^^

June 17, 2012 3:40:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We are gonna need a Forge Tools update soon, or else modding rebellion will get a lot harder.

June 17, 2012 6:04:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

PetFire,

Sins Trinity, which includes the Original, Entrenchment & Diplomacy versions, is still available for around 16 Euros.

If you want to play any mods, at this point in time, it would be a worthwhile investment.

I've had Trinity for a couple of years now, and consider it one of the best small purchases ever made.

I must admit though, I do look forward to seeing SoGE in Rebellion, even if it's just for the graphic improvements.

Keep up the good work Lavo and the rest of SoGE crew.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000468   Page Render Time: