Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Fleet Size Mod for Rebellion V1.02

By on June 16, 2012 2:39:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

gladiatorma...

Join Date 08/2010
+2

Well, I have been seeing this request and I've been looking for it myself, but I decided that I would make one myself. The entity files are in txt format. I tested it and it works.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21854812/Rebellion_Double_Fleet_Mod_for_1_02_zip

-Edit-

With the recommendation of Harpo I changed the file.

At the Time of this post, it is still being aproved by Gamefront

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21864963/Rebellion+Double+Fleet+Mod+for+1.02.7z

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 16, 2012 8:16:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i'm glad there is at least one mod for rebellion but i couldn't find mod file with other mod files. where is mod file located?

June 16, 2012 9:18:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

donaldwilson,  for rebellion the path IS

My Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v#.###    with the #.### replaced by the current rebellion patch version number and if you are running the dev exe also ad ' dev' to the folder name to place the mod

harpo

June 17, 2012 5:02:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

does this mod change the number of cap ships as well or just the fleet size?

June 17, 2012 9:04:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes it does, the mod doubles the fleet supply, but I included the wrest of the entity files in txt format.

June 18, 2012 3:24:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the only files that need to be in a entrenchment/diplomacy/rebellion mod ARE the changed and new files and the entity manifest altered to delete or add a file.

harpo

June 18, 2012 1:51:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting harpo99999,
the only files that need to be in a entrenchment/diplomacy/rebellion mod ARE the changed and new files and the entity manifest altered to delete or add a file.

harpo

Yeah, I'm adding one with only the fleet edit.

June 18, 2012 4:08:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hey man, ive heard about how good this mod is but i dont know how to install it,

i have tried extracting the mod as the folders it comes in

extracting all the text files into it

and finnaly i dont know what to put for the enabled mods text document

im new to modding for this game, so could you give a list of instructions for me as i think that the game needs more ships for bigger fleets

cheers anyway

June 18, 2012 4:29:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting DG-Hammie,
hey man, ive heard about how good this mod is but i dont know how to install it,

i have tried extracting the mod as the folders it comes in

extracting all the text files into it

and finnaly i dont know what to put for the enabled mods text document

im new to modding for this game, so could you give a list of instructions for me as i think that the game needs more ships for bigger fleets

cheers anyway

Ok here you go.

First of all, I windows 7 and this is where I place the mods: C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.02

Place the mod: Rebellion Double Fleet Mod for 1.02 there. Load the game and, on the main menu go to settings and you'll find the tab: mods. You'll enable it there

June 19, 2012 5:39:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

wow it really was that simple!

ok now i feel stupid, i usually mod games which are alot harder to mod than that, still thankyou very much, it is working now

so again thankyou

June 15, 2013 7:12:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is there anyone that can post this in a regular compressed file? I really don't like RARs... So much extra work to unpack them... If someone could post a normal files to use, that would be great.

June 15, 2013 7:20:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

7zips and rars are both smaller AND faster to download, and no slower ot extract from that the HUGE zip files, and the only effective differences between the differing archive formats are 1 the program used to create/extract and the file size(as an example of the difference in file size, my ref files for rebellion 1.5 in a rar are 36.12 mb, BUT the zip one in wincustomise is 48mb and both were compressed with the highest compression that the format offers), and in the OP there is a 7zip of the mod.

harpo

June 15, 2013 9:00:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

7zip has been the standard for years, preceded by rar. Extracting them is literally a one-click process. If that isn't enough...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000937   Page Render Time: