Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Possible Game Breaking Titan Ability?

By on June 17, 2012 6:48:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fareye

Join Date 11/2011

So I'm back from a single player game. I was TEC Loyalist fighting the last remaining AI, an Advent Rebel faction. Their level 10 Eradica Titan is by itself in one of my systems after my double starbases wreck the rest of the fleet. My level 10 Ankylon Titan, backed up by all of the level 10 Capital ships I can support and a mass of inconsequential frigates is also in the system by this time, so I order them all to attack the Advent Titan. Things are going well until the Advent Titan is almost destroyed and it pops it's ultimate ability (I forget the name), which gives it invulnerability, increased anti-matter regeneration, and reduced ability cool-down. I figure it's no problem, I'll just wait until the duration is over. Problem is, it never stops being invulnerable. 3 minutes later, I'm convinced that the ability will end any second now. 2 minutes after that, I'm wondering if the massive reduction in ability cool-down is also applied to the ability just used, resulting in the Titan able to use this ability again immediately after it ends.

TL;DR: Advent Rebel Titan invulnerability ability appears to have infinite duration. Wondering if this is a bug and, if not, how to deal with it.

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 17, 2012 6:54:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The duration is 240, so four minutes.  When Unyielding Will engages, the titan is in its death throws and will die immediately upon the end of the duration.  Best counter is to run away.

June 17, 2012 6:55:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Unyielding Will is the name of the ability and it has one major flaw. You as the attacker have control over when the titan dies, hence when this ability will activate, using your bombers you can get your fleet to a safe distance, once the titan activates this ability all you have to do is keep away from it until the ability ends at which time the titan will die, if you get out of the way its ability is useless

June 17, 2012 6:59:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the quick info and tip.

June 17, 2012 8:24:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting phoenixst8r,
Unyielding Will is the name of the ability and it has one major flaw. You as the attacker have control over when the titan dies, hence when this ability will activate, using your bombers you can get your fleet to a safe distance, once the titan activates this ability all you have to do is keep away from it until the ability ends at which time the titan will die, if you get out of the way its ability is useless

I just had a thought. What happens if I scuttle my level 6+ Eradica? Will it trigger Unyielding Will?

June 17, 2012 8:27:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've heard that it doesn't, but I've never tested it.

June 17, 2012 8:47:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wonder what happens when you scuttle the titan when it's using Unyielding Will... Would be silly to still gain resources from it.

June 17, 2012 8:58:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Has anyone else noticed that when an Eradica activates Unyielding Will, it cant use the ability again? I was playing a game yesterday where I killed an enemy Eradica, which used Unyielding Will. Then it was rebuilt and attacked my friend. He killed it and instead of Unyielding Will activating, the titan promptly blew up. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug? I took a look at the ability buff files and the ability files themselves and I didn't notice anything about use restrictions so I'm thinking it might be a bug.

June 17, 2012 10:10:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The AI probably didn't put a point into it the second time around.

June 17, 2012 10:14:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Noticed this...

entityBoolModifier "IsInvisible"

Anyone used this yet?  Depending on how it works, may be the future for mines?

June 17, 2012 10:26:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
The AI probably didn't put a point into it the second time around.

June 17, 2012 10:54:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

To answer Seleuceia's question:  "IsInvisible" hides the model of the titan, but you can still see the team/faction icon above it.  You can also see the icon for when you are zoomed out far enough to only see the picture of the titan with the team/faction color.

June 17, 2012 11:29:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

K thanks....

June 18, 2012 2:13:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting JJBuck2,
Has anyone else noticed that when an Eradica activates Unyielding Will, it cant use the ability again? I was playing a game yesterday where I killed an enemy Eradica, which used Unyielding Will. Then it was rebuilt and attacked my friend. He killed it and instead of Unyielding Will activating, the titan promptly blew up. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug? I took a look at the ability buff files and the ability files themselves and I didn't notice anything about use restrictions so I'm thinking it might be a bug.

I'm quite sure it's a bug because three times now, as my Titan was about to die and I'm happily expecting it to go into overkill mode and murder everything in sight, it simply dies.

June 18, 2012 3:01:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pat_22_,
I'm quite sure it's a bug because three times now, as my Titan was about to die and I'm happily expecting it to go into overkill mode and murder everything in sight, it simply dies.

Unless it happens to your titan and you're sure you have a point in it, I think its easier to believe the AI's stupidity has occurred 3 times in a row.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time: