Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Game crashes upon load, MiniDump Error Message

Sins-Rebellion v1.03-2012-07-15-13-09-06-4280-1984.dmp

By on July 15, 2012 1:32:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

klausmaster...

Join Date 11/2009

Hi everyone,

I am running into issues loading one of my saved games. Whenever I load the game, it plays for about 30 seconds, then freezes and I receive the MiniDump error message. I have also tried reloading previous auto saves and found that this allows me to play for a few minutes before the game similarly freezes and crashes.

Here are my computer's specs. I've also never had issues running the game previously.

Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIDA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Aprrox. Total Memory: 4050 MB

In addition to loading previous saves, I've also tried to restart the computer, close and restart steam, close and re-enter the game. Nothing seems to work so far. I'm fairly certain that I would have no problem starting a new game, but I have yet to try it. This leads me to believe that this may be a memory issue.

If you require any more information to help diagnose, please let me know. I have the .dmp file handy, but don't know if I can attach it here.

Nick 

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 15, 2012 1:46:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

First off, the save isn't from a previous version or a mod is it?  Next, try a new game and see what happens.  If that too crashes, try running the save games in the dev.exe and post the log file.

July 15, 2012 2:02:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for responding- no, the save is not from a previous version of the game (those just won't load at all, in my experience).

I just played for about 15 min (new game) with no issues. 

July 16, 2012 11:25:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So should I assume that there is just some sort of corruption with that game I am trying to load? It is still not functioning.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: