Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

jump starbase - complain

Whats wrong with you people?

By on July 22, 2012 10:25:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OwiecPL

Join Date 07/2012

Its really iritate for me. I cant play vasari rebel because all say "jump starbase is too good, you cant play this race". You can choose this reace too people. Dont be like a child. Whats wrong with you guys? I like play aggressive. And i get always kick in the game because i want play this race. People argument "its too powerfull, i dont want play this race because i fill they are too strong but you cant play this race too". Are you f**cking kiding me? What the hell?

Locked Post 32 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 22, 2012 11:27:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Some people don't like a challenge.

July 22, 2012 11:47:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And then some people just get pissed when you field the equivalent of a level 10 titan half an hour into the game...

July 22, 2012 11:51:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They are imbalanced.. it's quite simple, they can trample races unfairly since counters aren't viable early game in mass, especially considering the lack of fleet supply needed to have a sb... so you're gimping your enemy because he needs to supply up so he can fleet to beat it, early game it's just not viable. Stop crying noob.

July 22, 2012 1:19:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In this case i have to play race what i dont want. It,s like in starcraft: protoss are more powerfull later but zerg before. Other race, other strategy.

If i know last patch balance this situation?

So you want tell me Ironclade create a super powerfull race and dont want change this? Something is wrong with that way of thinking, isnt it?

So give me statistics and say VR win in 70%. I dont believie in that. So sorry but you dont have real arguments.

ussrAvA please go and read in dictionary what mean "noob" and dont use words what meaning you dont know. Because in that case i see you like a 16-20 years old with complex.

July 22, 2012 1:31:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think you need need to evaluate how you act on here nublet, you are a noob. You are showing the tell tell signs of one. YES if i played vas reb i'd win majority of my games, 1v1's would be a walkover against any other race.

It's not the balance you get in Starcraft ffs.. this isn't balance at all. Vas loyalists are OK but rebels not. I don't care if you don't believe me? I have 500+ games on you so what do i know? 

I certainly have got my definitions right, to prove i even grabbed them for you!

Newbienewbn00b or noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity. Contemporary use can particularly refer to a beginner or new user of computers, often concerning Internet activity, such as online gaming[1] or Linux use.[2][3] It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment.

You sir, are a n0000bch000b.

July 22, 2012 1:37:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And you want tell me ironclade see in statistics VR win all the time and dont care about that? mmm?

July 22, 2012 1:45:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

VR don't get the play. So the wins would be low.

And ironclad are aware that there are issues with VR, they know the online community has an issue with them. They know they are banned from games.

July 22, 2012 1:55:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting OwiecPL,
And you want tell me ironclade see in statistics VR win all the time and dont care about that? mmm?

Host your own games, then you can allow VR and boot people who can't handle it. 

Games that don't want VR for balance are fine too. You don't have a right to play VR in those so get over it.

July 22, 2012 2:04:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Jumping Orkies are too powerful and can't be effectively dealt with.  If you have such a big problem with this, support nerfing them or host your own games and allow them.

July 22, 2012 4:23:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just started playing Rebellion, but if I recall correctly you dont get jumping orkies until late game, isnt it the last tech in the defense tree?

July 22, 2012 4:25:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

True, but it has no prerequisites and is severely OP in MP games, particularly so when the player is an eco because they can have the monetary support to put multiple jumping Orkies on each front without having to fleet up.  Beyond that, in MP games, if someone wants a tech, they will rush labs to get there.

July 22, 2012 4:50:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

having been a victim of 2 orkies and a titan at the same time in the same grav well i admit to wanting to avoid playing against VR.....but i wouldnt kick someone for wanting to play them.

July 22, 2012 7:00:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It is not people think it is OP. Since In VR games everyone can play them.

Main reason is that in a game with Vasari Rebels and with players that actually know what they are doing if you do not choose VR you are severely handicapped from start.

I will choose vasari rebels if any other player chooses them since if I don't I am sure to loose. Such game at least for me is very boring and to be honest I rather not play it. 

I did play 2 or 3 VR games on MP for sole reason to show people in that game that were claiming that they can be countered with fleet that they are seriously mistaken in their assessment of balance between races.  

July 22, 2012 7:02:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Toddwp,
I just started playing Rebellion, but if I recall correctly you dont get jumping orkies until late game, isnt it the last tech in the defense tree?

Dont know when your "late game" starts but I can fend off player and get phase jumping SB before 20 minute game time. If i have good map 15 minutes is not uncommon 

July 23, 2012 3:47:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Unless i'm roid rushing you...

hehe but he's right guys.. in good hands they are a severe handicap for the enemy team, and if you decide to let an eco spot do it.. well you've already lost..

July 23, 2012 4:09:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ussrAvA,
hehe but he's right guys.. in good hands they are a severe handicap for the enemy team, and if you decide to let an eco spot do it.. well you've already lost..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5790092/Temp/vasari-rebel.recordreb

July 23, 2012 4:14:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Indeed - I stupidly hopped into a 3v3 last night and didn't notice one on the other team was VR. Game was 3+ hours. It didn't help that my teammates were asshats bickering with each other all game and refusing to help each other but the VR was in eco spot and just spammed them non stop. I did have some delicious Wail of the Sacrificed fleet decimation to retaliate but I couldn't carry a situation like that to victory. Each VR SB had like 24000 health plus 14000 shields. I had a level 10 Eradica and 10 carriers or so and we played a lot of ring around the grav well. By the time one was dead (about 5-7 minutes it felt like), the other was on its way. He just kept lobbing them out all game. I forget how the activation works though - I thought only one could be active at a time? Or can only one use jump actively at a time? All I know is I had two actively destroying stuff in 2 of my grav wells at the same time.

July 23, 2012 4:17:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There is 1 per gravity well limit. That doesn't mean you cannot be attacked by 10 of them in 10 different gravity wels

July 23, 2012 5:30:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I used to love Sins Trinity and wasted hundreds of hours playing it but rebellion has ruined what was a great, balanced game. Vasari Rebels are far too unbalanced because of the Orkulus and the Titans become the pivot of the whole game. I'm not against the idea of having larger ships but they way they have been implemented has been aweful.

As of today I will not be playing any further games of Sins since the game is nowhere near as enjoyable as it was before they introduced the titans and phase jumping orkulus.

Time to play something else

July 23, 2012 5:47:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lol noob rage.. 

It's not like the ruin the game you can still play happily with 5 out fo the 6 races.. get a grip.

July 23, 2012 5:53:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ussrAvA,
It's not like the ruin the game you can still play happily with 5 out fo the 6 races.. get a grip.

well, 4 out of 6, cuz no one plays Advent Loyalists because they are UP.

July 23, 2012 6:08:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I play AL.

July 23, 2012 6:25:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ChrisVickers,
I used to love Sins Trinity and wasted hundreds of hours playing it but rebellion has ruined what was a great, balanced game. Vasari Rebels are far too unbalanced because of the Orkulus and the Titans become the pivot of the whole game. I'm not against the idea of having larger ships but they way they have been implemented has been aweful.

Not sure when you bought diplo but it took them more than a year to balance 3 races.

Here you have 6 with some very strong abilities for most races ...... 

Next patch is scheduled for early August but be sure it is not going to fix everything  so be patient

July 23, 2012 6:43:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Speaking of balance patch, I actually feel like corvettes are pretty well balanced right now so I'm a little worried if they are still getting changes like their own damage type next patch that might mess things up again. I think this game could be in a pretty good place balance wise if they nerf VR SB, buff AL (culture wise or something else), and nerf Wail of the Sacrificed (this is the most challenging one to fix without overnerfing it I think).

July 23, 2012 8:10:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't think it requires a nerf tbh... wail is sooooo situational its barely worth a mention. SURE you can make a mistake and get wailed, but on the other hand, wailing isnt usefull if you are winning, or playing well. 

It's great to protect a lane but on the whole i've used it, 3 times? On roids and any low pop planet its useless, and we dont get many terran/des that are in ideal spots.. 

HOWEVER a well placed wail on premade maps can make for an interesting choke point 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time: