Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Death Star

By on July 29, 2012 10:37:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

skillz76

Join Date 07/2012
+1

I have been playing SoaGE for some time now and love it! For my own amusement I thought it would be cool to have a Death Star star base. Couldn't find any so I read up on XSI. I currently have a model and texture and nulls for weapons, abilities, etc. I cant find a script for hangars though. Also thought it would be cool to make the Death Star's main gun fire a galaxy gun type projectile at distant worlds. New to modding but I have made a lot of progress just from reading your forums. I couldn't find anything on combining a star base with galaxy gun weapons though. Any thoughts or points in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Love this site guys!

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 29, 2012 11:03:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They are called CannonShells (nova, DE, kostura).  Yes, a starbase could spawn one, relatively easily in fact.  You could simply stick the Novalith ability on the Argonev instead of one of it's current ones and provided you had the research and labs, you could fire it from the Argonev

July 29, 2012 11:26:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. I'll give it a go.

July 30, 2012 2:30:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

FYI a hangar is just a directional null labeled "Hangar".

July 31, 2012 6:59:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome I'll keep that in mind as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time: