Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Am I The Only One Excited About Curiosity!?

By on August 7, 2012 1:17:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sinperium

Join Date 02/2010
+213

I was pumped last night when it ws landing and I think I would have had a heart attack if it had failed.

I almost can't stand waiting for the pics. I mentioned it to five people while I was out today and not one of them even knew about it.  All were really intersted after i told them.

Is it just me? This thing can shoot x-rays and lasers and has a nuclear engine and 3D cameras.  It's awesome.

I was also bummed to see that awhile back you could have had your name etched on the microchip inside Curiosity.

Argh! I missed it.

Locked Post 37 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 17, 2012 9:20:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just in case you hadn't seen...

August 17, 2012 9:44:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lol--nice.  I hadn't seen that.

August 17, 2012 10:57:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Is it just my imagination or..... do these guys look alike?

August 18, 2012 1:23:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow, so Brent Spiner is a rocket scientist...

August 18, 2012 2:26:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Pics from the rover...

LMAO I hope they find stuff that can be useful.

August 20, 2012 2:52:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

August 20, 2012 5:11:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting AlLanMandragoran,
Just in case you hadn't seen...

LOL, I saw those guys performing down across Westlake Center in Seattle. Fun performance.

August 20, 2012 5:51:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...laser beams glittering in the dark near the Gale Crater gate.

August 20, 2012 7:34:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...laser beams glittering in the dark near the Gale Crater gate.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

August 20, 2012 8:46:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Or the case of lasers, "time to fry".

August 21, 2012 10:15:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
Or the case of lasers, "time to fry".

On a slightly sadder note, apparently one of the two wind sensors on Curiosity is broken!!!

August 21, 2012 10:20:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am a leaf on the wind...and in space, no one can hear ice scream.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: