For a few years, I’ve been using a replacement for Task Manager which greatly amplifies it’s functionality as you can see from the screen shot below. It’s somewhat customizable as you can see in my screen shots, as well. The tray utility appears on mouse-over, or the data can appear permanently (in real time) by changing the display mode (screen shot 3) to 'On Top'.
- Detailed information about Tasks, Processes, Modules, Startups, IE Addons, Uninstallers, Windows, Services, Drivers, Connections and Opened Files.
- Easy check of suspicious files via VirusTotal, Jotti service or our File Database.
- Easy monitoring of processes activities and System changes.
- Usage graphs of important System resources.
- Tray Hint with detailed System and Battery status.
- WMI Browser and System Additional Info.
- Multilanguage Support (29).
There are also Forums and Support (with complete archives) and a history of all your support requests. Nice touch.
Download link: http://systemexplorer.net/downloadi.php
Home page: http://systemexplorer.net/
*Special note: Cursor included for RnD.