Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion v1.04 Change Log

By on August 20, 2012 10:43:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+194

Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to present the 1.04 update notes for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion to customers. You may need to restart the Steam client if the update doesn't initially appear.

NOTE: VERSION 1.04 IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE WITH PREVIOUS UPDATES.

Version 1.04 Change Log:

[ Graphics ]

• Added new loading screen image.
  • Fixed some button highlight bugs in the create mission system.
  • Updated UI not to display game speed Infocards in multiplayer matches.
  • Updated texture on Advent Rebel Titan.
  • Updated texture on Vasari Loyalist Titan.
  • Fixed Resource Drain particle on Vasari Colony capital ship that would start past moon/asteroids.

[ Gameplay ]

• Added five new maps:  Kabel, The Art of War, Triple Entente, Unstable Alliance and Random Huge - Ring. (Special thanks to Pbhead and Goafan77 for assisting with some of these.)
  • Added new Corvette weapon damage type which all corvettes now use for their fore/aft weapons.
  • Updated Corvette damage balance per new weapon damage type.
  • The maximum number of superweapons a faction can field is now based on the number of planets they own. By default a faction can field 1 superweapon for every 4 owned gravity wells.
  • The Frigate target filter will no longer improperly target Corvettes.
  • Fixed bug with aiUseTime - OnlyWhenAboutToDie that was causing it not to activate in some circumstances.
  • Changed all Flagships' Overload Engines ability aiUsetime to OnlyWhenMovingThresholdDistance; reduced cooldown from 300 to 120; increased duraction from 30 to 45.
  • Players may no longer contract Pirate missions (via Diplomacy) against TEC Rebel factions who have researched Truce Amongst Rogues.
  • Destroyed Titans now cost an additional 10% per level in resources and build time.
  • Steam Cloud saves are now fully functional in multiplayer.
  • Pirates -
    • Pirate raiders will no longer linger at the Pirate planet when their missions are complete. They will now despawn after returning to base.
  • TEC (All)
    • Corsev Battlecruiser: Capped the maximum number of targets on Demolition Teams to 25 from unlimited.
    • Corsev Battlecruiser: Updated Demolition Teams autocast to target Boarded vessels.
    • Updated Proximity Mines to have a small HP restore rate.
  • TEC Loyalists
    • Novalith Deregulation now allows TEC Loyalists to field 2 superweapons for every 4 owned gravity wells.
    • Fixed bug that caused the bonuses from Hardened Defenses to only be applied to Gauss Turrets.
    • Removed duplicate PlanetModule entry in Disruption Matrix target filter. This was replaced with a Titan entry.
  • TEC Rebels
    • Changed Snipe aiUseTime to IsCapitalShipOrStarbaseOrTitan.
  • Advent Loyalists
    • Changed Coward's Submission to no longer convert friendly ships, Flagships, starbase constructors or temporary/illusion ships.
    • The culture benefits of Global Unity will now properly dissipate if the player doesn't maintain enough research labs for the subject.
    • Fury of the Unity damage bonus increased from 10% to 20%.
    • Assimilated Populace updated to now provided 20 population every 60 seconds, three times.
    • Coronata Titan:  Unity Mass changes - aiUseTime changed to IsCapitalShipOrStarbaseOrTitan; antimatter cost changed from 65/70/75/80 to 80/75/70/65; base damage increased from 1000/1500/2000/2500 to 2500/3500/4500/5500; damagetype changed from Physical to Energy.
  • Advent Rebels
    • Expulsion now uses a new buff modifier and will only modify existing culture, not create new culture.
    • Eradica Titan:  Strength of the Fallen duration increased to 400 from 120.
    • Eradica Titan:  Unyielding Will re-designed - the effects now scale as the titan takes hull damage (75%/50%/25%), granting higher levels of ability cooldown, antimatter restoration and damage negation. When destroyed, the Eradica become invulnerable and may chase enemies down.
    • Updated string for Protection of the Unity to make it clear the effect only works within the player's culture.
  • Vasari (All)
    • Rankulas' Create Combat/Assault/Support Naintes and Reassemble abilities are now untargeted. The nano ship will appear adjacent to the caster.
    • Updated nanite swarm strings to indicate the ability is no longer targeted.
    • Changed Disintegration aiUseTime to IsCapitalShipOrStarbaseOrTitan.
  • Vasari Loyalists
    • Vorastra Titan: Fixed bug that caused the Maw's attract range to be slightly lower than its target range.
    • Vorastra Titan: Removed Corvettes from the Maw's target filter.
    • Stripped to the Core scuttle time is now dependent on the planet being stripped:  Asteroids/Dead Asteroids - 60 seconds; Desert - 240 seconds; Ice - 260 seconds; Volcanic - 280 seconds; Terran - 300 seconds; Home worlds - 400 seconds.
    • Stripped to the Core income is now affected by Fleet Upkeep penalties.
    • Shipboard Labs has been split into two research subjects:
      • Shipboard Labs (Tier 7) will grant 1 military lab per capital ship.
      • Empire Integration (Tier 7) will grant 1 civilian lab per capital ship.
    • Civilian Evacuations income bonus is now affected by the global Income Speed option.
    • The Capital Loss voiceover will no longer play if you haven't actually lost due to Mobile Rulership.
  • Vasari Rebels
    • Moved Starbase Mobilization from Defense to NonCombat tech tree with a pre-req. of Enhanced Tunneling.
    • Starbase Mobilization is now disabled if the player doesn't maintain enough labs for the research to remain active.
    • Vasari Rebel starbases now suffer a 25% weapon damage penalty for 60 seconds after exiting phase space.
    • Added an appropriate error message when a starbase fails to jump to a gravity well due to their already being a player starbase present.
    • Kultorask Titan:  Removed unintended 0 from AntiMatterRestoreRate passive upgrade.

[ Interface ]
  • Added new UI option: Empire Tree - Show Ships in Phase Space, which toggles whether ships phase jumping to other gravity wells are displayed in nodes in the Empire Tree. (Helps prevent the Empire Tree from 'jumping' around.)

[ Sound & Music ]
  • Hooked up phase charge and travel sound effects for Vasari Rebel starbases.
  • The Capital Loss voiceover will no longer play if you haven't actually lost due to Mobile Rulership.

[ Modding ]

• Added new Corvette ChanceToHitTargetType to gameplay.constants.
  • Added new Corvette weapon damage type to gameplay.constants.
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:CapitalShip 0.65
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:VeryLight 0.50
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:Light 1.5
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:Medium 0.6
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:Heavy 0.5
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:VeryHeavy 0.55
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:Module 0.35
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:Pirate 0.50
    • DamagePercentBonus:CORVETTE:Titan 0.7
  • Added cannonsPerGravityWellRatio to gameplay.constants.
  • Added cannonGravityWellRatioDenominator to gameplay.constants.
  • Added new buff modifier - CultureSpreadModifier.
  • New aiUseTargetCondition - HasBuff. Only autocasts on targets who have the specified buff.
    Form:
    aiUseTargetCondition "HasBuff"
    buffType "BuffMyBuff"
  • Increased iconBackdropDefs from 3 to 5.
  • New buffInstantActionType: ApplyBuffToFirstSpawnerNoFilterNoRange. Same usage as ApplyBuffToLastSpawnerNoFilterNoRange. 
  • Galaxy Forge Updates:
    • Added galaxy name to save file.
    • Updated GalaxyScenarioDef with planet bonuses and other additions for future maps.
    • Normalized some line endings.

[ Misc ]

• Fixed bug that caused some of the research achievements not to unlock.
  • Removed un-needed semicolon in gameplay.constants after enemyDPSInOrbitBodyISquadOwnerBuildRateScalar.
  • Fixed incorrect effect entry in PlanetAsteroidBelt.entity for Stripped to the Core particle.
  • Removed un-needed tilde from Effect_CoinDrop in SoundEffects.sounddata.
  • Truncated file locations from all particle files.
  • Various optimizations made to movement, IAttacker and rendering systems for improved performance.
  • Removed un-needed .mesh extension from Vasari Loyalist Titan Factory MeshNameInfo entry.
  • Removed un-needed .mesh extension from Vasari Rebel Titan Factory MeshNameInfo entry.
  • Minor string adjustments to clarify when a ship can't phase jump.
  • Increased formation distances between frigates and capital ships to prevent ships from clustering too closely during group phase jumps (which slowed things down while they waited for formation).
  • Potential fix for iHyperspace related crash bug - this was a major culprit of many crash reports.
  • Fixed AttackPlanet bug that caused the game to crash - this was a major culprit of many crash reports.
  • Fixed a Checksum crash bug - this was another major culprit of many crash reports.
173 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 23, 2012 1:53:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Has no one noticed this until now?

August 23, 2012 1:58:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In just now found it too...

August 23, 2012 2:04:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Clap clap clap clap

August 23, 2012 2:04:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

August 23, 2012 2:07:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd hid it. I'm tricky like that.

August 23, 2012 2:15:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Gotta love the partial fix for the jumping empire tree.  not perfect, but hopefully it will help.

August 23, 2012 2:38:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It looks to me that the TR got a slight nerf to the practical number of Novaliths they can field - giving TL a big advantage in the Novalith department.  (My guess is the superweapon nerf won't adversely affect the other races as 1-2 Kosturas is all you really need for hit and run and DE isn't used much anyways.)

AL get a huge buff to their Titan with the Unity Mass change.  This ability should now be very powerful.  They also got a good buff to Fury of the Unity.

Still not sure I'm reading this right, but they buffed the Eradica (AR Titan)?!  The Strength of the Fallen effect lasts much longer and Unyielding Will starts kicking in after moderate hull damage. 

VL got nerfs to Stripped to the Core (much longer time and applied fleet upgrade modifiers), Shipboard Labs (two techs instead of 1), and the Maw Titan Ability (doesn't affect corvettes).

VR got nerfs to Starbase mobilization (much more research required, Empire research instead of Warfare, the ability to stop the Orkies by taking out the Empire labs, and a short debuff to firepower after jumping).

This all makes sense except for the Eradica buffs.  It was already the best Titan and now it is even better.  Have to play it to see how much effect its changes really have.

August 23, 2012 3:04:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Maw will suck in corvettes, the autocast just won't try to target the ability on a corvette.

August 23, 2012 3:34:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Bama498,
It looks to me that the TR got a slight nerf to the practical number of Novaliths they can field - giving TL a big advantage in the Novalith department. (My guess is the superweapon nerf won't adversely affect the other races as 1-2 Kosturas is all you really need for hit and run and DE isn't used much anyways.)

You need 16 planets to field the old max of 4 super weapons (potentially doubled for TEC Loyalists). That's a fairly large Empire but not impossible, even in multiplayer games.

August 23, 2012 3:40:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Very Good:

• Corvettes and Frigates are uniquely targetted
  • Corvettes have new weapon type
  • Coronata was buffed
  • Empire Tree was fixed
  • Several MDs were fixed
  • Strip to the Core was nerfed
  • Starbase Mobilization was nerfed

The Very Bad:

• Eradica was buffed
  • Eradica was buffed
  • Eradica was buffed
August 23, 2012 4:12:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Eradica was buffed

Well that unyielding will change was asked for a while, its just if they didn't reduce the invincibility time once it really dies, it might be a bit extreme.

August 23, 2012 4:18:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I agree unyielding will needed to be fixed, and I think the v1.04 system is both interesting and useful...but as a whole the Eradica most certainly did not need a buff...any improvement to the ultimate ability should have been compensated with a weaker chastic burst at higher levels (mainly a longer cooldown)....

August 23, 2012 4:43:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

At first I thought this was the 1.031 change log, but when I saw that Seleuceia had responded I decided to click on it. Then I saw 1.04 at the top and sat confused for a few seconds before I realized that this was the one and only 1.04 massive Rebellion update! Yay.

I love all the changes to the Vasari Loyalists. I would go so far as to cal them balanced now.

I also love the change to the Pirates grouping up at their base.

I love the new maps.

I like the changes to the Advent Loyalists and Vasari Rebels. They are good changes, each of them, though the AL still have a little ways to go before being truly on par with the rest of the Rebellion factions. The VR are now MUCH closer to being balanced with the changes to jumping starbases, though I would suggest a larger hit to their damage and a penalty to their armor for the 60 seconds.

I also like the new loading screen (have not seen it yet, but I know it will be awesome).

I like the crash fixes and fixed textures on the Eradica and Vorastra (not sure what was wrong with the Vorastra, though).

I like the changes to superweapons and corvettes.

I do not like the buffs to the Eradica. It was already pretty crazily powerful. The AR will should have some gentle nerfs to the Eradica and minor buffs to some of their other techs in the next update.

Things that still need work:

The Vasari Rebels could use a bit more of a debuff on their starbase for those 60 seconds.

The AL need some help in other areas, now that the Coronata has some punch to it.

The AR need some nerfs on the Eradica and some buffs on other techs to make them less of a one way faction.

The TL still need some buffs. The additional superweapons is a good start, but by no means the whole thing.

That's about it. Great job on the update, StarClad. Keep them coming.

August 23, 2012 5:28:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

YAAAAAYYYY!!!!!! No more MiniDumps   oh and the other stuff as well.

The TL could still in my opinion get more of a buff to match up with the other races though, but the two superweapons is a start I guess.(never really use them) 

August 23, 2012 5:29:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ibnpatuta,
The VR are now MUCH closer to being balanced with the changes to jumping starbases

I would argue that the switch over from the Warfare tree to the Empire tree is going to be a bigger deal than it would seem on the surface.  The reason is Phase Missiles.  If you rushed Starbase Mobilization before 1.04, you would have 8 Military labs and could immediately begin teching up Phase Missiles.   With it now in the Empire tree, you have to build an additional 7 Military labs to get your Phase Missiles fully upgraded.  And there just isn't another set of techs on the Empire side with the same punch as the Phase Missile upgrades.

So you now have to choose - you can quickly get Starbase Mobilization or you can quickly go for the Phase Missile upgrades.  You just can't quickly get them both.

August 23, 2012 5:50:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting, Bama498. You may have just joined the forums recently, but I see great promise in your mastery of Sins balance.

August 23, 2012 6:20:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Bama498,

Quoting Ibnpatuta, reply 14The VR are now MUCH closer to being balanced with the changes to jumping starbases

I would argue that the switch over from the Warfare tree to the Empire tree is going to be a bigger deal than it would seem on the surface.  The reason is Phase Missiles.  If you rushed Starbase Mobilization before 1.04, you would have 8 Military labs and could immediately begin teching up Phase Missiles.   With it now in the Empire tree, you have to build an additional 7 Military labs to get your Phase Missiles fully upgraded.  And there just isn't another set of techs on the Empire side with the same punch as the Phase Missile upgrades.

So you now have to choose - you can quickly get Starbase Mobilization or you can quickly go for the Phase Missile upgrades.  You just can't quickly get them both.

I don't know, to even build a Starbase you need two military labs, perhaps four if they go for assault deployment (Starbasing enemy homeworlds has become such a common Vasari move, though I'm not sure if its worth the extra labs to get it now). That's at least the first upgrade or two of phase missiles they'd have anyways. Also as powerful as phase missiles are, the Orkulus Rex is still extremely dangerous without any weapons research.

I believe the Vasari Rebels will still be banned. They might be slightly slower to get it out, and the fact that it only works while you have 8 civic labs means there is something the other players can do to try and stop them. That damage debuff seems pretty trivial, one of the main problems with Starbases is that they are so tough to take down, and if your fleet isn't already preparing for battle with it before it jumps it might end before the action even starts.

However, I do not think it is a tech that can be balanced while its a global research modifier. A one time cost to allow any number of starbases to jump is just obscene. It needs to be made a Starbase upgrade, so that it requires additional time and resources for each starbase you want to become jump able, while reducing the total upgrades available on the thing. Once that's done, with some additional fine tuning it might be possible to make them manageable.

Vasari Loyalists on the other hand could be in a good spot right now, the extra strip time will at least put something of a brake on VL expansion speeds, and gives players a window to try and stop it. Being affected by fleet upkeep means they'll get much less income once they start using their fleet of doom to take enemy planets, meaning it should be possible to eventually wear them out since they'll likely have a much smaller traditional economy that normal players, making it an economic tool early and then an area denial weapon once they have a large fleet. Of course I'm not a great VL player by any means, so we'll see how the pros react.

August 23, 2012 6:23:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I like.

Also @Yarlen: I have a quick question I've been meaning to ask on the topic of the Advent Loyals:  Since implementation The Coronata's Repossession has never applied on-colonization effects, most notably Assimilated Populace, which especially now with assimilated populace being buffed is going to matter.  My question is this: Is this a bug as most people assume or was it a concious decision on the part of the development team to avoid that particular synergy?

I mostly want to know because I keep hoping to see that combo start working every patch and should it be working as intended would prefer to stop getting my hopes up 

That said, great looking across the board.  Great progress for a single patch!

Separating Corvettes & frigates on targeting filter is a very interesting move.  Nano-leech doesn't have a corvette entry on it's filter, so that's one non-carrier frigate that will become useful against the Kultorask.  Also obviously as per the patch notes the Maw nolonger will eat corvettes.

Anyone else able to think of any key titan/capitalship abiltities that won't affect corvettes anymore?

Also I wholeheartedly agree that while an overhaul for the Eradica's Ult is a great change in general(and the rework looks beautiful), it really should be accompanied with a nerf to Chastic Burst.  At present even with it's old cruddy ult Eradica is probably the strongest titan in the game.  

August 23, 2012 7:00:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

• Pirates -
    • Pirate raiders will no longer linger at the Pirate planet when their missions are complete. They will now despawn after returning to base.

Very cool for modding potential--yay!

Nice changes all around.

I honestly think the biggest problem players are having is trying to "think old while playing new".  The dynamics of play are a lot different in Rebellion.  Sure it still needs adjusts in areas but it gets better with every change.

Keep tweaking.

From a perspective of someone who has to play solo 95% of the time, I find Rebellion much more fun.  My only beef is I have come to absolutely HATE that green-goo skybox.  Argh--hideous!

In your defense, I don't see bright greens the same as someone with normal vision but man I hate it.

August 23, 2012 7:08:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Various optimizations made to movement, IAttacker and rendering systems for improved performance.

Players may no longer contract Pirate missions (via Diplomacy) against TEC Rebel factions who have researched Truce Amongst Rogues.

Increased formation distances between frigates and capital ships to prevent ships from clustering too closely during group phase jumps (which slowed things down while they waited for formation).

Added new Corvette weapon damage type which all corvettes now use for their fore/aft weapons.
Updated Corvette damage balance per new weapon damage type.

Destroyed Titans now cost an additional 10% per level in resources and build time.

Potential fix for iHyperspace related crash bug - this was a major culprit of many crash reports.
Fixed AttackPlanet bug that caused the game to crash - this was a major culprit of many crash reports.
Fixed a Checksum crash bug - this was another major culprit of many crash reports.

The update will be made available on Tuesday, August 28th.

August 23, 2012 7:08:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Also little remarked on change: Disruption Matrix hitting titans.  Do you guys think the ability disable will work even on titans since Matrix is it's self a titan ability?  Would certainly add a bit more wow-factor to the Ankylon.

August 23, 2012 7:31:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting bilun,
Anyone else able to think of any key titan/capitalship abiltities that won't affect corvettes anymore?

Well, snipe.

Honestly I think it might be a good idea to make all titan damage AoEs not affect Corvettes. Titans happen to be the next best target for them after LRF. As a big singular targets there debuffs would be most useful as well, but as it stands now the uncapped AoE damage will hurt them the hardest. Chastic burst especially annihilates them as the Eradica doesn't even to move to face the target.

Quoting bilun,
I have a quick question I've been meaning to ask on the topic of the Advent Loyals: Since implementation The Coronata's Repossession has never applied on-colonization effects, most notably Assimilated Populace, which especially now with assimilated populace being buffed is going to matter. My question is this: Is this a bug as most people assume or was it a concious decision on the part of the development team to avoid that particular synergy?

Well, that's because internally you don't colonize the planet, you capture it like you would a frigate. Whether this is intentionally different or not I don't know.

Quoting bilun,
Also little remarked on change: Disruption Matrix hitting titans. Do you guys think the ability disable will work even on titans since Matrix is it's self a titan ability? Would certainly add a bit more wow-factor to the Ankylon.

Early on in the beta I thought it actually did affect titans. Not sure if I'm mistaken or it somehow got changed later, but the Ankylon certainly needs it to affect titans fully, and I think it would. The only ability that currently affects titans different from its other targets is Detonate Antimatter, as the Advent wouldn't have a titan antimatter draining ability without it. I don't see why they'd add another unless there was an equally pressing reason.

August 23, 2012 8:00:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

looks great. hope it plays as good as it reads!

August 23, 2012 8:01:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

After playing a little after reading the patch notes, makes me wish they'd release the minidump fixes today and the rest of the fixes and tweaks on Tuesday. 

I have to agree with both Goa, and Bilun the Ankylon does need to affect enemy Titans, when fighting them sure it has tanking abilities, but that's not enough to actually do much damage especially when playing against someone that knows what they're doing the Ankylon will lose 9 times out of 10. Especially fighting the higher level Titans.

Now I wasn't here during the Beta for Rebellion, but from what I've heard the Ankylon was actually very good, some even said overpowered, but I'm not asking to buff it back to how it was, just improve it more than it currently is now, because its one of the least useful Titans out there. 

August 23, 2012 8:06:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh cool!!!! 

Quoting Death_L,
After playing a little after reading the patch notes, makes me wish they'd release the minidump fixes today and the rest of the fixes and tweaks on Tuesday.  

I have to agree there... I finally got nailed last night with a mini-dump after four hours of a great game..... it really sucked.  I don't want to get into a good game if it's gonna happen again.  I'd rather just wait until the patch is released.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000875   Page Render Time: