Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Why boycotts fail where whining tantrums win

True dat

By on August 25, 2012 5:20:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

Campaigner

Join Date 12/2004
+15

At first I expected this episode to be ironic but as I listened I realized it's true!

Think about it. If you boycott some game by Activision, will they understand it's because of your loathing of them?

No!   They will think you don't want the type of game (the innocent) developer made and they will be sacked or forced to make safe stuff.

This video has convinced me to complain when I'm displeased with something (seriously).

ps. GOD this forum sucks for embedding things!!   Tried both of the alternatives in the 'embed' option but OFCOURSE nothing works!

....Island Dog u slacking bro 

Locked Post 5 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 25, 2012 8:45:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Great video

Also, only being able to embed YouSuck Videos is an epic fail 

August 27, 2012 11:04:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh great, encourage more people to piss and moan like the world owes them a favor. There's enough of this on the internet, I think constructive criticism is best route.

August 28, 2012 12:44:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting mentalinstra,

Oh great, encourage more people to piss and moan like the world owes them a favor. There's enough of this on the internet, I think constructive criticism is best route.

don't piss and moan about his pissing and moaning.  Constructive goes nowhere.

August 28, 2012 8:38:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Complaining works.

You are using your own time and are executing your personal power.  There is nothing more American then allowing people to complain.  Other people don't have to care about it, yet that isn't the point.

Complaints work well on corporations, and companies who want to make money will take those complaints seriously.  So before you let your own apathetic brain rule your responses, realize that people aren't complaining to you specifically.  

How do i know you have an apathetic brain?  Neuroscience, read some.  Unless you have fewer then 80-120 interactions per day (and an interaction is defined as something as simple as seeing a different human face, or hearing a different voice) the brain gets overwhelmed and produces an apathetic response.  Its our stone age brains having to cope with our overpopulated world, so when I see someone on these forums making a remark about how they don't care about something, who the hell cares?

Everyone's brain is already at their apathy point anyways.

The point is to make the corporate super citizens obey.

Since corporations aren't people, they have to be treated different ways to make them bend to your will.

Heirarchy of the Universe as it is outlined in our law books:

1.God

2.Man 

3.Man's Ideas

Corporations are ideas, so they will always bend to the will of a man/woman, or many men/women.  The corporate people who lose out on changes made to remedy these complaints may complain themselves, and a power struggle will ensue.  That is why corporations need hierarchy or they will fail, because they can't and shouldn't create power struggles with their clients.  

September 2, 2012 1:58:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If nobody is buying a game, it won't really matter if its because you hate the publisher.

The dev is still going to lose out on any future contracts.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: