Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Flush the trolls

keep our forums tidy

By on September 8, 2012 2:52:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

HouseRalan

Join Date 03/2008
+60

Our forums need to be troll free.

Locked Post 55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 8, 2012 2:57:47 AM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

Use the report function if you think someone is being out of line.

Thanks!

September 8, 2012 8:07:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Trolled by Frogboy. BURN!

September 8, 2012 1:34:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just sent one on Tuna.  wonderful feature. 

September 8, 2012 2:36:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting JT_Logged,
I just sent one on Tuna.  wonderful feature. 

September 8, 2012 5:26:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, let's flush all the trolls...let us lay the banhammer on the skilled MP players and those who make valuable contributions to this community, both forums and ICO...

Let us bite the hand that feeds us, alienate the MP players who keep ICO alive...and then alienate the silly modders who keep the forums alive and help new members...that is an awesome plan...

September 8, 2012 6:04:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Yes, let's flush all the trolls...let us lay the banhammer on the skilled MP players and those who make valuable contributions to this community, both forums and ICO...

Let us bite the hand that feeds us, alienate the MP players who keep ICO alive...and then alienate the silly modders who keep the forums alive and help new members...that is an awesome plan...

Yes lets do that...

We will miss you guys that act like fourteen year olds on the boards, and probably alienate new players to your supposed beloved MP games.

All 20 of you......

To admit your nothing but a board troll..your mother must be proud.

Get a girlfriend, and leave us be....

September 8, 2012 6:52:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmm from what i've seen the main trolls have gone silent since the troll king went crazy with his troll posts.

As I figured, the power of being the troll king consumed mecha totally and we were left with a brief ugly forum period where he ruled, then he quickly self destructed, along with his cronies.

I predicted in my own little world that when he was "coronated" this would be the outcome, i'm glad to see it pan out. 

Troll flushing already naturally occurred.

September 8, 2012 7:02:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All we have to worry about now is the impending meme-based pony takeover.  Sadly, Sins does not have enough memes of its own to put up an effective defense.  Therefore, I for one welcome our new equine overlords.

September 8, 2012 7:07:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here is a guide for all the trollish bastards, including recreational trollers, bridge lurkers and goat stalkers, on SOASE forums.  It's just a great guide for anyone on the internet.

September 8, 2012 7:24:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
All we have to worry about now is the impending meme-based pony takeover.  Sadly, Sins does not have enough memes of its own to put up an effective defense.  Therefore, I for one welcome our new equine overlords.

I have a minion now through which I can circumvent my restrictions.

Do I still count as a troll? Was I ever one?

-Lord Brony

September 8, 2012 7:25:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SpardaSon21, you have nothing to worry about from the ponies. All that the true Bronys want is friendship and people to talk to and game with.

September 8, 2012 7:38:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

At this point I'm just giving up nobody else really seems to give two shits about pony pictures all over the Sins forums.  If you can't beat them, join them.

I still refuse to watch My Little Pony though, so stick that up your snout and smoke it!

September 8, 2012 7:49:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino,
Yes lets do that...
We will miss you guys that act like fourteen year olds on the boards, and probably alienate new players to your supposed beloved MP games.
All 20 of you......
To admit your nothing but a board troll..your mother must be proud.
Get a girlfriend, and leave us be....

I really hate you sometimes, going off and insulting people who make numerous and legit contributions to this community...

How much modding help do you give?  How many noobs have you mentored and given tips to?  How many community balance patches have you lead?  How many competitive ICO games do you play so that you actually know what you are talking about?  Many of the very trolls you get pissy at far outclass you in the above mentioned contributions....

The problem isn't trolls...the problem is self-righteous people like you who get pissy at someone cause they post some bloody pony pictures or get involved in a harmless troll thread....most of the trolls on this forum are also some of the best modders and best MP players there are...THEY are the reason we even have a community...and you have the cheek to insult them...

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED...if you are going to lock a troll list thread DESIGNED TO HELP NEW PLAYERS AVOID ASSHATS ONLINE then stupid silly discussions about trolls such as this pathetic thread should also be locked...the troll list at least would have helped the community and help new players (not that the Devs would ever understand how since they don't even know what it's like online)....but I guess some high and mighty entity like wbino or JT has to go and report it because, idk, they're jealous the trolls around here actually do more to contribute than they ever could....

September 8, 2012 8:48:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
How much modding help do you give?

I can vouch for wbino being a pretty good tester. Even while he is limited to SP, he has made some very good suggestions and pointers and glitch finds for the beta testing of SoGE. He's pointed out things others have missed, even if he's less active nowadays.

Though that being said wbino was being unnecessarily extreme; part of the reason people "troll" on these forums is that the devs willingly ignore certain things, or brush it under the rug for the longest time. I wouldn't call anyone here a "troll" as it's just so bloody obvious and blatant, I fear for the internet if people seriously think these sorts of antics are considered trolling, which can be a true art at times. Then again we live in the age of youtube and Reddit, which is probably why.

September 8, 2012 8:59:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's cool. Hopefully some day you will change your mind. If not, it is all good

September 8, 2012 9:06:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,
I can vouch for wbino being a pretty good tester. Even while he is limited to SP, he has made some very good suggestions and pointers and glitch finds for the beta testing of SoGE. He's pointed out things others have missed, even if he's less active nowadays.

Nice to know...

My intention wasn't to "one up" wbino or brag (I wasn't even really talking about myself, but about the group of trolls in general)...the point was just to show that the "trolls" contribute in many ways (which he seems to not be aware of, idk)...

September 8, 2012 9:10:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting BOTA99,
That's cool. Hopefully some day you will change your mind. If not, it is all good

No outrage?  No moral indignation about how not watching MLP means I'm a bad person?  My God man, this is the Internet, and you have no idea how to properly behave on it!

September 8, 2012 9:47:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lavo thank you for the kind words.

SOGE is my favorite mod,  I have been basically testing and focusing on improving Rebellion since it's release.

Hope to get back into SOGE , once I'm bored with my newest toy.....

Trolling just clogs up the forums and give the devs absolutely NO reason to ever come on the forums to determine the real issues the serious community has discovered in game.

There are trolls who purposely spread false data just to get noobs confused, and those that for what ever reason find posting pictures of.................endlessly somehow funny.

Every once in a while a funny? post is fine, but we are at a point where trolls are just trying to top other trolls(we really need troll lists?)

And every other thread is dedicated to them.   Narcissistic or like a pyro that wants to see fire....

September 9, 2012 12:20:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
Quoting BOTA99, reply 16That's cool. Hopefully some day you will change your mind. If not, it is all good

No outrage?  No moral indignation about how not watching MLP means I'm a bad person?  My God man, this is the Internet, and you have no idea how to properly behave on it!

Guess not lol.. I am a live and let live type of person.

September 9, 2012 4:37:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have only one reply for the brony..."glue".

September 9, 2012 5:07:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We're gonna have a glue and glitter party?  YAY!!!  I'll go tell Fluttershy!!!

-Twi

September 9, 2012 12:30:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

... I agree with Seleuceia but wbino has some valid arguments too. The amount of pointless threads (this one doesn't have much use either by the way) has increased drastically over the past months. I suggest we keep the ludicrous to a minimum from now on and keep our troll posts / replies professional. Trolling on serious topics of discussion isn't necessarily bad, as long as it doesn't end a good discussion about a game related subject.

We have to make sure residing on these forums remains fun, yet we should not stop trying to improve upon the game (the dev's really do read the forums, don't forget).

September 9, 2012 1:09:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
... I agree with Seleuceia but wbino has some valid arguments too. The amount of pointless threads (this one doesn't have much use either by the way) has increased drastically over the past months. I suggest we keep the ludicrous to a minimum from now on and keep our troll posts / replies professional. Trolling on serious topics of discussion isn't necessarily bad, as long as it doesn't end a good discussion about a game related subject.

We have to make sure residing on these forums remains fun, yet we should not stop trying to improve upon the game (the dev's really do read the forums, don't forget).

Does this mean that I can post pony pics as long as I make some serious contributions as well?

September 9, 2012 1:14:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yes, professional troll posts/replies...

quite an oxymoron, but understood.  There have been space ponies in the game since the start, there were bound to be bronies... just perhaps not so flamboyantly present in the Rebellion section.

September 9, 2012 6:06:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All I'm trying to say is that its okay to make a troll post / reply every once in a while as long as it doesn't disturb people too much. I joke around pretty often, yet I also try to help out people who have questions about the game whenever I can.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time: