Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Deep Space Settlement

indie 4X RTS

By on September 9, 2012 9:11:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

dssmathias

Join Date 09/2012
+3

The original post is really outdated by now, this is everything you need to see right now:

Deep Space

-----

Hi, DSS is an upcoming 4X RTS. Here's is the original announcement from April this year:

I am proud to present Deep Space Settlement! DSS is a real-time strategy game focused on empire building and grand-scale space battles. It is in development since February 2011 and is for PC Windows.

Story:
You are part of a multi-generational mission to colonize distant regions of space. Your journey brings you to a star cluster rich in resources and lightly populated. Or so it seems. Your goal is clear: setup a space settlement and thrive. Whether you choose to make allies or conquer through supremacy is up to you.

Features:

• Build your interstellar empire;
  • Gather resources to power your empire economy;
  • Trade resources between star-systems and players;
  • Customizable ships;
  • Build giant capital ships supported by an armada of smaller, more maneuverable ships;
  • Create huge fleets;
  • Unlock new technologies;
  • Unlock new ship abilities through an XP system;
  • Defend from invaders and conquer new star systems;
  • Single or multiplayer;
  • High modding capabilities.

Website || Twitter

Here is a video preview of a small battle:

And some screenshots:

Fleet Editor

I am relatively far into development but there are still some features to implement. I hope to hit Alpha this summer

Any comments and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Locked Post 31 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 13, 2014 10:20:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Deep Space

July 8, 2014 10:47:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We have opened pre-orders today and so have created a new trailer:

Also, we are trying to get on greenlight as well:

If you like what you see, we'd appreciate you voting for us and following us on steam.

And of course, if you want to financially support us you can do so now on deepspacesettlement.com and reserve your access to the first playable version of the game.

July 8, 2014 1:09:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A non-colorblind artist is urgently needed. SoTS2 had terrible color schemes (neon bright red, pink and purple combinations), and these screens don't look any better. 

July 8, 2014 1:36:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really like the look of those ships. Part lego, part homeworld. Wish they had a video showing combat though.

July 9, 2014 11:56:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I liked the color schemes as well.  I'm pretty sure you will get to have the colors you want on your own ships.  

backs out of the room slowly...  

July 10, 2014 1:04:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm more interested in knowing the scale of the game...  How much space can you control?  Just asteroid fields?  Can you control planets?  Systems?  Sectors?  Galaxies?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: