Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

This game is very chauvinistic

By on October 22, 2012 5:05:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nightraid3r

Join Date 04/2008
+20

As a self-loathing male, let me tell you I am massively offended with the fact that over the past four and a half years this game has objectified women and measured them by the size of their bra size.  I mean have you seen the size of the breasts on the Advent lady?  How unrealistic.  My wife is going to divorce me because she thinks that the game that I am so passionate about only sees a woman fit to be the avatar of a faction if her cup size is at least a D.  Whatever happened to judging a woman on less superficial attributes.  For example, what if it turned out that the Advent lady was really terrible at making sandwiches, but her sister, who had slightly smaller breasts, was a gourmet sandwich chef.  Would that change the avatar selection process that has since remained discriminatory against women with smaller breasts?

Locked Post 80 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 22, 2012 5:08:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would like to point out the racial undertones exemplified by the purple skin colored Advent....purple people would probably not take kindly too that...I'm guessing the only reason why no purple person has complained thus far is that purple people are pre-disposed to play checkers instead of Sins...

October 22, 2012 5:25:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are you high or something...I can only see faces

October 22, 2012 5:30:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Make sure she doesn't see Demigod...

October 22, 2012 5:59:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sheesh.  It's never occurred to me to think about the Advent as objectified, slavish women.  I always sort of saw them as ultra-feminists.

What do you see when you look at this?

...and yes--they are pretty objectified in Demigod.

Your wife does realize that in the actual game, there are only ships? Maybe it was my telenovela story she read.  If so I apologize...or would like to hear if she liked it.

"UNITY" 

Chapter One

The handsome Vasari warrior placed his sharply taloned hands around the voluptuous Advent acolyte's curvy waist.  "I...I shouldn't!", she stammered--yet despite the keening wail of the Unity something in her yearned for  more.

"Trust me curvy, soft human female"...rasped the now flushed Vasari commander.."Once you've had backward legs, you never go back!".

"Oh, K'graak!...take me now!", said the psintigrat as she simultaneously took control of his mind.  One way or the other, she was getting what she wanted this night.

Chapter Two

They hugged in delight as their first egg was laid...the joy of triumphant parenthood despite all odds thrown against them by their disparate racial biologies.

Still blinking back bile of joy and conquest, it was then K'graak looked a bit more closely and thought...

"Wait a minute--those are not my spot patterns...".

Chapter Three 

K'graak realized it was impossible that he implanted those grotesquely spotted eggs and this time his sweet Advent princess was unable to redirect his seething rage.

Minutes later, wiping his chin and belching loudly through his gill slits, the now satisfied K'graak took the last bite of egg from the plate before him and smirkingly said to his soon to be ex-bride, "I guess I was wrong--those are good eggs!".

The frying pan they had been cooked in was the last thing to pass through his mind.

October 22, 2012 6:28:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What in the actual fuck is going on?

October 22, 2012 7:24:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Rovert10,

Oh, the usual. A little bit of this and that with some obscure playwrights being thrown into the mix for good measure. You haven't paid much attention to this section of the forums have you?

October 22, 2012 8:18:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I honestly don't have the words to describe what is happening to this section of the forums.  Do the regulars not care that new people will be reading this area?

October 22, 2012 8:21:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
Your wife does realize that in the actual game, there are only ships?

If by "ships" you mean the phallic-shaped Halcyon, or the Chalice-like Eradica....

October 22, 2012 10:02:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Rovert10,

October 22, 2012 10:36:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Quoting Sinperium, reply 5Your wife does realize that in the actual game, there are only ships?

If by "ships" you mean the phallic-shaped Halcyon, or the Chalice-like Eradica....

Please, the Halcyon is nothing compared to the Ragnarov - in length or width.

October 22, 2012 10:43:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

MMM, Too late...

October 22, 2012 11:01:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ekko_Tek,

Just wait till I bring out the cheese wheel...

October 23, 2012 12:21:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The OP points out what obviously is a little known fact of shared history between the Advent and TEC that even the most dedicated observers fail to recognize;  The original dispute that led to the great exodus of the Advent was lack in sufficient size mammaries.  This explains why the Advent ladies are all bent on boob jobs.

Your wife knows this, and is exactly why she fears this game.  It represents Boob fixations as objectification.

October 23, 2012 12:43:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ekko_Tek,

This is true....a little recoloring of the scattershot affect and....well...

October 23, 2012 1:40:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Quoting Ekko_Tek, reply 11Please, the Halcyon is nothing compared to the Ragnarov - in length or width.

This is true....a little recoloring of the scattershot affect and....well...

L-O-L

October 23, 2012 2:05:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I only posted because Yarlen did--it's Ryat's fault.

October 23, 2012 2:51:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

But your post was actually really good, sinperium....

October 23, 2012 5:43:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Baristas. The advent women are all grumpy baristas from hell with P^3MT: pre-, per- and post- .

October 23, 2012 9:43:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
it's Ryat's fault.

Isn't it always? After all the God of Destruction is everywhere now.

My wife loves the Advent. Plays them all the time........

October 23, 2012 10:59:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

make sure the OP doesn't see RedSkittles, he'll lose it completely. 

October 23, 2012 7:59:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting HouseRalan,
make sure the OP doesn't see RedSkittles, he'll lose it completely. 
Don't be ridiculous, skittles don't even have breasts!

October 24, 2012 12:56:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
Don't be ridiculous, skittles don't even have breasts!

#notsureifserious #whyyesthesearehashtags

..... Do you know that "RedSkittles" is actually a reference to a Stardock employee who's forum handle is "redskittlesonly", IIRC? And said employee uses their actual picture as their avatar?

Y/N?

IF Y=1, then this proves that the Internet is not a sarcastically conductive medium.
IF N=1, then this proves that you merely have not seen a lot of StarClad mods. 

October 24, 2012 4:01:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A teddybear with a huge one, shooting 2 machine guns

October 24, 2012 6:23:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
A teddybear with a huge one, shooting 2 machine guns

Once you see it...

/shudder

October 24, 2012 5:49:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It is a... nevermind, I can't get that teddy bear image out of my head.

I had a good one, but forgot in the mind-wiping power of... THAT THING!

Damn you, teddy bear!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time: