Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Homeworld - Vengeance

By on December 12, 2012 3:50:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

Karan_Sjet

Join Date 12/2012
14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 12, 2012 3:51:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

"In my opinion, no soundtrack captures the profundity of space as the Homeworld soundtracks did." AltusDusk

The Homeworld Soundtrack, composed by Paul Ruskay, was released with Homeworld's Game Of The Year Edition in the year 2000. It was the only soundtrack to be released on a separate CD in the Homeworld series of games. In 1999, the game's soundtrack had been awarded the title of that year's Best Soundtrack by PCGamer and Eurogamer.

Homeworld Soundtrack
Homeworld Cataclysm Soundtrack
Homeworld 2 Soundtrack

The download set are ogg replacements, no other files needed. 
Can be used alone or on top of most mods. For any version of SoaSE.

Homeworld Vengeance Soundtrack

For the MP3s

I am trying to keep this compatible for stacking, but mods can add tracks to the GameInfo\SoundMusic.sounddata which will error when they are accessed. 

I will do some testing 1st to see if modding the SoundMusic.sounddata causes multi-player conflicts. If it strictly single player, you can save your choice of songs to the mod or a new mod stack-on and modify the SoundMusic.sounddata to access the new track.

original

music
name "MUSIC_BATTLE_1"
fileName "Battle 1.ogg"
isLooping FALSE
actionLevel 0.75
actionRange 0.35
emotionLevel 0.0
emotionRange 1.0

example change

music
name "MUSIC_BATTLE_1"
fileName "Homeworld 2 - 07 - Assault on Chimera.mp3"
isLooping FALSE
actionLevel 0.75
actionRange 0.35
emotionLevel 0.0
emotionRange 1.0

For using with your favorite mod, I recommend creating a stack on mod tha goes on top of other mods. Create a folder in the mod dir called HW-Music or something like that. Inside that create 2 folders, GameInfo and Sound. Copy the SoundMusic.sounddata from the mods GameInfo folder to the HW-Music GameInfo folder. Right click, "Save-as" the tracks above to the HW-Music Sound folder. Edit the SoundMusic.sounddata like above to link your new songs.

You dont need to link them all. Whatever songs you did not edit and are not in the HW-Music\Sound folder, they will then be looked for in the mod below, then the games install sound folder.

SoaSE Modder's
December 12, 2012 3:51:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Models Pending...

I have I pile of them done for a while. I just want to double check them before posting.

Due to Homeworld models using many different textures, that are used on multiple models, I combined these to a shared texture set. This means that each model uses 2 sets of materials but only the main model texture set is included in the model folder.

HIIG_Materials

HIIG_Capital_Battleship
HIIG_Cruiser_Utility1_DefenseField
HIIG_Frigate_Transport_Bishop

HIIG_Capital_Carrier

December 12, 2012 3:52:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Factions

Turanic Raiders
Hiigaran
Vaygr
Bentusi
Kushan
Taiidan
Kadeshi

Info pending...

December 12, 2012 3:54:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All my assets are welcomed to be used in other mods.
Other creators, please get permission.

Soundtrack Paul Ruskay
Battle Karen Cover Art by skywalkerpl
Direction Shields by RC-1290

December 12, 2012 3:08:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just starting with base mod changes. Trying to get as many files for use in all versions first using the symlinks. 
Merged the string files, and musicdata.sounddata and will work on GSD next. The assets from later versions will not be included with older versions but this will make multiple mods a lot easier to maintain.

Complete Guide to Symbolic Links (symlinks)

I just tested this and it works great for XP and up. XP is a little different procedure.
I moved the Homeworld Soundtrack to "F:\Homeworld\Homeworld Soundtrack" and the 1 folder is now a mod for all versions.

To share separate files, the central shared folder must be on the came drive as the mods folders.

Win 7 Trinity
mklink /J "C:\Users\myfist0\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.34\Homeworld Soundtrack" "F:\Homeworld\Homeworld Soundtrack"

mklink /J "C:\Users\myfist0\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Entrenchment v1.053\Homeworld Soundtrack" "F:\Homeworld\Homeworld Soundtrack"

mklink /J "C:\Users\myfist0\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-v1.193\Homeworld Soundtrack" "F:\Homeworld\Homeworld Soundtrack"

Win 7 Rebellion
mklink /J "C:\Users\myfist0\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.1\Homeworld Soundtrack" "F:\Homeworld\Homeworld Soundtrack"

You can also do single file links with the H/ switch, just dont link a symbolic file inside a symbolic directory.

So for the Homeworld mod, I am going to create a Homeworld folder for all versions and create symbolic links to the Mesh, Movies, Font and Textures directories too start, all linked to a shared Dropbox Folder which will update with every change.

mklink /J "C:\Users\myfist0\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.34\Homeworld - Vengeance\Font" "F:\Homeworld\Dropbox\Homeworld - Vengeance\Font"

The reb meshes are different so I need a link for Trinity meshes and Rebellion meshes

mklink /J "C:\Users\myfist0\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.34\Homeworld - Vengeance\Mesh" "F:\Homeworld\Dropbox\Homeworld - Vengeance\Meshes Trinity"

mklink /J "C:\Users\myfist0\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.1\Homeworld - Vengeance\Mesh" "F:\Homeworld\Dropbox\Homeworld - Vengeance\Meshes Rebellion"

December 31, 2012 5:41:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

interested! are you still building this baby?

January 1, 2013 12:36:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yup, still working on the models. I am desperately trying to get the gun turrets to rotate and track targets.

Keep and eye on the  models post. Once there is a pile in there I will release something, until then, feel free to grab the models or the soundtrack for your own mod.

January 1, 2013 5:01:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Posting to keep an eye on this.

January 1, 2013 9:05:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

already grabbed the music and set it up as its own mod. good times!

January 12, 2013 3:21:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
yup, still working on the models. I am desperately trying to get the gun turrets to rotate and track targets.
Keep and eye on the  models post. Once there is a pile in there I will release something, until then, feel free to grab the models or the soundtrack for your own mod.

TobiWahn from  B5 mod, manage to make rotating parts via particle effect, and so far it's only way in sins to make rotating parts.

January 12, 2013 3:28:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the rotating part is easy, it is just a mesh in a particle set to rotate. Tracking targets on the other hand is a fail. Best I could do was animate the gun barrels to have recoil when they shoot. Also, the Ion cannon raises out of the hull, fires, and lowers back into the hull.

January 12, 2013 9:05:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
the rotating part is easy, it is just a mesh in a particle set to rotate. Tracking targets on the other hand is a fail. Best I could do was animate the gun barrels to have recoil when they shoot. Also, the Ion cannon raises out of the hull, fires, and lowers back into the hull.

There's no way to make a particle effect that 'obscures' the stationary turret but looks like a turret that is facing the target? Might that work?

January 12, 2013 9:54:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Might that work?

Nope. Trust me, I tried everything possible for 2 weeks 

The muzzle effect is at the exact point of the mesh point and only goes in the exact direction if the mesh point. It's the travel effect particle that moves toward the target and cannot have a mesh attached save the travelling missile.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001156   Page Render Time: