Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[WIP] Space Ponies

By on December 13, 2012 7:03:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

PhoenixPhyre

Join Date 12/2012

Greetings everyone,

Due to unemployment and a need to diversify my skillset, I have got my hands on a copy of Autodesk Softimage 2011 and intend to start learning 3D model creation by starting with one of my favorite games - Sins of a Solar Empire! What I have noticed is that there is a decided lack of Space Ponies from the modding community of a game which includes it as an Easter egg. As such, I have decided to begin work on rectifying this problem. 

Introducing The New Lunar Republic!

Princess Luna is building her fleet and I hope to have it constructed over the next month or two. I don't plan to go extensively into diversifying their research tree and may even lazy out and do a direct copy of the advent tree. What I'm intending to do is build the models and see what comes from that. If the work goes smoothly even then I may even launch Princess Celestia's armada for the Solar Empire. 

Any questions, comments, suggestions, or tips are welcome  

46 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 13, 2012 7:20:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I normally like to give aspiring modders encouragement, but this is a horrible idea, and you are a horrible person for having it.

December 13, 2012 8:10:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
I normally like to give aspiring modders encouragement, but this is a horrible idea, and you are a horrible person for having it.

Yeah, but like it or not we have a small community of bronies on these forums that will probably make it a cult classic.

I will say for the record Sins had space ponies before bronies were a thing. And that Sins space ponies always wear astronaut helmets, or giant fishbowls depending on how technologically advanced you think they are.

December 14, 2012 10:14:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome!  But they need to be pink...

December 14, 2012 11:22:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

don't encourage them

December 14, 2012 1:40:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

aw come on it does not matter what the content is as long is it looks good....

December 14, 2012 8:01:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The fact that the forum bronies haven't found this thread yet confuses me.

And of course, even mentioning the term "bronies" summons them so here they come...

December 14, 2012 9:35:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

they came and nobody noticed... at least until laundry day.

December 14, 2012 10:53:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They're too afraid to comment because they expect you an Orkul to phase in on them once found.

Does anyone have a guide on editing particles? Kind of thinking that rainbow exhaust would be great.  

December 14, 2012 11:59:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting PhoenixPhyre,
They're too afraid to comment because they expect you an Orkul to phase in on them once found.

Does anyone have a guide on editing particles? Kind of thinking that rainbow exhaust would be great.  

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/410961

Krdax is the resident particle master. He comes and goes but he's definitely the one to ask about such things.

December 17, 2012 11:15:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

F*ck yes. Make this mod. MAKE THIS MOD IN THE NAME OF SWEET CELESTIA. Or Luna as the case appears to be. 

LOLOLOLOL I found it you haters you. 

-Lord Brony

December 18, 2012 5:24:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Space Pony!!! Woohoo /)

December 18, 2012 9:56:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Twilight Storm approves this message.

-Huzzah!

December 18, 2012 2:39:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And you guys thought we wouldn't post

But yes, do this. How many factions are you planning on adding? I would love for you to keep the stock races as well, so I can play with my non-brony friend too.

December 18, 2012 10:44:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Been a bit busy the last couple days doing an alternative project with a business partner so I have not been able to give this the attention that I would like, but it is good to see that more people are getting excited about it. I was a little disheartened at the lack of friendship and harmony. 

What I'm looking to do is make Equestria faction playable along with the other races in Rebellion with Celestia being the Loyal faction and Luna being the Rebel faction. 

December 18, 2012 11:07:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

YES!!!  Twi very much approves of a Lunar Rebellion. 

-Huzzah!

December 19, 2012 2:39:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Great idea, can't wait to see what you come up with!

December 20, 2012 2:56:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i look forward to downloading this

December 21, 2012 2:32:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

BUUUUURRRRRRNNN!!!!!

December 21, 2012 5:51:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SequelFredLed,
BUUUUURRRRRRNNN!!!!!

Reduced 89%Original 640 x 275

Lurk moar nubcake. This is our thread. 

-Lord Brony

December 21, 2012 7:05:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Come on FredLed, even I've resisted the temptation to troll this thread, in no small part because I WANT TO PLAY THIS MOD...

December 21, 2012 8:14:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Come on FredLed, even I've resisted the temptation to troll this thread, in no small part because I WANT TO PLAY THIS MOD...

Well, everyone who is well known or wants/fails at being annoying in this forum who comes in contact with bronies does seem to pass through a pony-hating phase. And if FredLed is Chris ******** from SoCal, then you should not hate bronies just because someone from Youtube told you to. 

-Lord Brony

December 21, 2012 8:20:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I...am not whoever you're talking about. I can't even see anything other than "Chris ******"

December 21, 2012 10:09:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Somehow I get the feeling some of the trolls are waiting to play this so they can mass murder ponies.  :'(

-Huzzah!

December 22, 2012 3:57:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't get the trolling here honestly .

I mean, good content is good content, if this mod is as good as I'm hoping, it'll look good and play good. If you're not a very tolerable person toward us bronies, don't post. If it bothers you that much, why stay? I'm not(and I don't think any brony would) just gonna stop liking ponies and join you in flaming because of your posts.

Besides, it's not like there's a million pony threads here. This is like, the only one I've ever seen.

Some of you guys aren't bronies yet are actually not flaming here, which is a nice change of pace, so thanks. 

But PhoenixPhyre, keep us posted on this one. Can't wait to see some ship models! 

December 22, 2012 10:27:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Derpy_Hooves,
Besides, it's not like there's a million pony threads here. This is like, the only one I've ever seen.

Well, there is OddskiBoddski's baby:  http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/428871

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000859   Page Render Time: