Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

40 000 Sins

Mod

By on January 5, 2013 1:28:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

palaisy

Join Date 08/2008

Hi there im a young learning modder and modeler Making a Warhammer 40k battlefleet gothic mod for Sins Rebellion so if any you veteran Dogs out there can give me some tips and tricks would love it greatly and anyone wanting to join my team is open

Locked Post 24 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 5, 2013 2:42:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There was a Warhammer 40k mod around for a while. Might be useful to look it up and see what they did.

January 5, 2013 10:50:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i did but the users that were making it havent been on in ages and there is no data or anything like that i could use to convert/and or base my models on

January 5, 2013 10:56:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well I don't do much modeling myself. More of a code monkey. But this tutorial should help a little.

http://soase.x90x.net/index.html

January 13, 2013 9:25:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The main issue im having is getting the models to show up in sins like there not textured but shouldnt they show up as a grey model?

January 13, 2013 9:28:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Maybe the Alpha Layer? IDK I do know that there is a vast collection of modding threads through out theses forums some dealing with modeling. Like I said, I am only a code monkey, the modeling just confuses me.

January 13, 2013 9:59:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well would you like to do the coding? hahahah

January 13, 2013 10:02:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/438961

January 13, 2013 10:06:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

LOL, well to be honest I have a bit too much on my plate as is. But feel free to ask for help with coding issues. There are several of us on that like to help. GoaFan is another code monkey.

January 13, 2013 10:19:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

okay thanks im just trying to understand how to get it to work first

January 20, 2013 9:06:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey there, I was one of the gameplay testers and "photographic assistants" (took pictures of real life models for reference) for the old Battlefleet Gothic mod. Yes unfortunately it is dead...you might be able to get into contact with xthetenth who was one of the leaders in the mod for some material. Here is the old forum post for it:

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/332224

January 21, 2013 11:07:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi, we are making the 40k mod too . Now we are making models and texturing them. We want to make all races and now we are making Imperium race. You can join us and together we will make this mod faster. (skype Spocky, airsoftak002- i have necron monolith profile picture)

January 29, 2013 11:01:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well i have the original mod and im transfering stuff into sins rebel but i would like his permission to use it.

and Promthumus we got a decent team race you to see who finishes first hahaha

January 30, 2013 12:55:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Your two teams really should work together on bringing 40k into Sins.  I'd rather have one really good 40k mod instead of two decent ones.

January 30, 2013 10:27:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well im stubborn as a mule when it comes to my ideas and his ideas may differ plus i should havea  chaos vs imp release in about a month or so

January 30, 2013 10:31:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

another thing im doing it for rebellion not entrenchment

January 30, 2013 11:37:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I wish you the best in making this mod! I have zero modding skills unfortunately, but am somewhat of a scholar of 40k lore, so if that may ever come in handy just ask. Also when/if (I hope WHEN!) you start working on Tau, I could provide you with model reference if need be, I own many Tau BFG models, as I am a Tau nut (see my avatar). I do not own any of the Tau Forgeworld models though, but they have good pictures of those on their website. Everyone seems to hate the Gamesworkshop-made Tau fleet, but I really like the models, they look more like legitimate spaceships than the Forgeworld ones.

January 30, 2013 1:09:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i prefer the forgeworld for the reason that the ships make sense they look like the rest of the tau vehicles and always looking for scholars 

February 1, 2013 8:02:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It is a shame that you are not willing to join us.

February 1, 2013 8:22:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am not good for challange. We have about five models, and we are making imperial fleet. We want to change everything in game to warhammer.

February 2, 2013 1:04:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Can you guys at least agree to share models?  That way each of your teams only has to do half the work they would normally do.

February 2, 2013 5:00:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I shared model of sword class frigate,. It is in topic: show off zour Sins model

March 5, 2013 9:37:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i have most chaos done and barely missng imperial models just having trouble getting them to show up and as for sharing idm im just trying to get them to show up.

April 10, 2015 3:10:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are mod is still alive ?

April 10, 2015 1:53:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://www.moddb.com/mods/40-000-sins

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time: