Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[SOLVED] I'm having a slight problem modding sound files

By on January 12, 2013 3:25:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

DoctorVinyl

Join Date 09/2009
+1

Quick question for you fine people! I successfully changed up some dialogue files for a titan. Ogg and everything; I'm so proud of me. And yet the sound is only coming through on the left side. The rest of the game is stereo. The actual file is stereo when I play it in VLC. But alas, the new dialogue stays in my left ear when I play it in game.

Any advice?

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 12, 2013 3:52:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think Sins may need dialogue tracks to be mono.

January 12, 2013 4:00:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

from what I remember from when myfist0 was larning to mod, it was found that the dialog 'tracks'(files) had to be MONO.

harpo

January 12, 2013 6:02:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Everything but music is mono.

But, for sound effects, the game engine knows where the sound is playing from so it will play it in the according channels  making it seem like stereo. This is actually a much better system then just stereo sound effects.

January 12, 2013 1:16:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And mono tracks worked perfectly. Thanks very much guys!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000046   Page Render Time: