Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (Macintosh) Testing

Ability to play sins not only on windows

By on January 15, 2013 10:40:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Benifir

Join Date 03/2012

Hello everybody! Has anybody wanted to play sins of a solar empire on your mac? I've been working on a "Wrapper" for Sins of a Solar Empire to work on Macintosh computers, and it's ready to be released. I've played it on my macbook pro fine.

What really is this?

Its a mac .app you can put the Windows version inside of, and run it on Mac OS X without having to install or use Windows! The final product looks and works like a normal Mac .app (for the most part). This download is a "wrapper" not the full game. You will have to either copy your installed version from Windows inside of it (fastest), or reinstall the game into it... More specifically, it is a Wineskin wrapper.

just a big note...

This is not made by or in any way supported by Stardock or anyone associated with them...it's entirely fan made

***The download link is at the bottom of the page***

System Requirements are the same as Windows version, since it uses the Windows version, but it runs on Mac OS X 10.6, or 10.7 (10.5 is no longer supported) Intel GMA950 and X3100 GPUs will not work correctly, or at all. Here's what you need to make it work.

• A working version of sins. (You still have to buy the game, I can't give you that)
  • A Macintosh/Linux computer
  • The wrapper

Known Problems:

1. If you change the settings to window mode you will be unable to change back to full screen.

Solution: Use the combination 'command+enter' (Hold command and enter at the same time) to temporarily set the game as your background, hit it again to change back. If you do change the setting re-download the the wrapper and drag the sins file to the new one. You may then delete the old one.

The instructions come in the download. It's as easy as dragging one file to a folder. Here is the download link hosted from dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4fiy5727j37ly6/Sins%20Wrapper.zip

The download comes with directions on how to use this wrapper
double click the .zip file to unzip it, it will give you a folder with the wrapper, and directions.

Since it is still very new please come back and post your system specs, and any problems you have.

Thanks!

-Benifir

P.S. Huge thanks to doh123 for creating wineskin! Without him it would be near impossible.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 15, 2013 11:37:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just use Windows BootCamp. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. But I appreciate the time you took to create this!

January 16, 2013 2:47:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I used to just do that too but I don't use windows for anything but playing sins. This way I can work while having sins going and not have to reboot into windows. Plus I'm able to bump up the visuals quite a bit. It just works better for me

January 20, 2013 11:38:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The download link does not seem to work...filesize is 0 bytes...

July 24, 2013 8:41:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

The download link does not seem to work...filesize is 0 bytes...

I'm getting this too, both Dropbox says it's 0 bytes and it downloads 0 bytes.

Please fix if possible, this would be really useful!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time: