Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Players that don't leave when it is certain death./Blacklist

By on January 26, 2013 2:55:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

DrownedGod

Join Date 06/2010

Miyaqueen who's steam id is HelloMiya refused to leave a game after his whole team left. It was me and one other player and i literally tried hunting him down but could not find the one damn ship he hid anywhere. Players like this ruin the fun in the game for me. 

Feel free to post other people who do the same and form a sort of blacklist of players. 

Cheers 

Locked Post 48 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2013 5:06:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oz_The_Great, whose forum name is Oz_The_Great is a feed vacuum who will suck down your entire team's resource pool, and yet he will still lose to mediocre players and be happy about his mediocre efforts anyways.

January 26, 2013 7:04:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Nightraid3r,
Oz_The_Great

That's the guy who posted this thread! What a coincidence

January 26, 2013 10:34:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't remember, is MiyaQueen one of the people with not so good English?  They may not know they are supposed to quit...

January 26, 2013 11:41:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

PPP (post prior to pruning)

January 26, 2013 5:50:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No he clearly spoke english after the game ended to me in another lobby

January 26, 2013 8:01:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well I played a game with slackah (he eco, I suicide)...I was between MiyaQueen and one of the loong clan....we got trolled by them too but I think they were just pissed cause of my "colorful" language and "assertive" requests to kindly stop lagging our game...

January 27, 2013 2:35:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm in a game right now with skilled players (Seleuca on the opposing team) and that team is refusing to quit even though the game has pretty much been over for about 40 minutes now.  At some point it became "cool" to not quit and to drag out games.  Who knows?  Maybe one of the players on the winning team will minidump!

January 27, 2013 3:15:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Congrats!  The whole game minidumped!  What a waste of an extra hour of boring laggy gaming.  No wonder so few people play this game online.  I'm probably going to play more and more Skyrim.  I also have KOTOR 1 and 2, which I've never played before.

January 27, 2013 3:25:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Whip, you I don't know if you deserve it, but you have earned Trolldom.

January 27, 2013 3:30:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

KOTOR 1 is awesome.  KOTOR 2 needs help, went from a different developer and they got forced into pushing the game out before it was finished.  Luckily people managed to restore and finish the game using the unused files from the actual Vocie Actors and turned off portions of the game.  http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm

January 27, 2013 4:11:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Dirty, when you smurf and troll and bash other people online, expect others to troll you back....you got what you deserved....

January 27, 2013 6:11:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

at first i should let u know im a chinese and my poor english.so maybe i cant understand what u mean accurately.at same time i want to correct your mistakes that plz use she or her on me.

and i cant remember i had played with u. i never see u ID in game before last night u curse me to hell.i may be forgetful.

January 27, 2013 6:12:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I always play to the last ship... Though I rarely play online. I actualy enjoy holding out for as long as possible against overwhelming odds. Makes for a good tale afterwards.

Quiting when your losing is just lame. gather your remaining ships and fight your last stand for crying out loud.

January 27, 2013 9:17:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Wintercross,
I always play to the last ship... Though I rarely play online. I actualy enjoy holding out for as long as possible against overwhelming odds. Makes for a good tale afterwards.

Quiting when your losing is just lame. gather your remaining ships and fight your last stand for crying out loud.

So... do you like sit around a campfire and tell your grandchildren of your epic space battles in SoaSE?

January 27, 2013 10:31:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Mr_Book,
So... do you like sit around a campfire and tell your grandchildren of your epic space battles in SoaSE?

1. I play SINS on Friday night and impress girls with my legendary tails at bars on Saturday night.

2. On Thursday nights, I let girls know it could be my last night alive because I'm going in deep against the Advent tomorrow.

That's me, ladies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_(film) 

I only get in trouble with these strategies when the girls see me on Mondays. But then I skip town.

P.S. To really impress the girls, I let them know I am on first-name basis with Auqia and that I can introduce them. 

January 27, 2013 3:12:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Dirty, when you smurf and troll and bash other people online, expect others to troll you back....you got what you deserved....

It's kind of hard to smurf now unless there's some sort of a way to reset your player record.  You'd have to fill your record with fake losses and even then you'd still have a record of games played.

PlayerJuan, thanks for the link.  Karma to you.

January 27, 2013 4:17:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

People do have multiple accounts...steam sale facilitated that...

Not common but it does happen...

January 27, 2013 5:04:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not leaving the game even after the last big battle some people require to have their soul calm down is just making others angry and nowhere to be that much tolerated. I would really like a feature for new players online that they should read a text about normal behaviour of online playing, and after this answer questions, maybe noobs acting stupid would be evaded this way.

5v5 games are much different though, it doesn't require that much time for people to realize if all other teammates left they should give up because they are taking time from the winning team, it is really upsetting if you can't play another game because some hero thought he can take on 5 players alone, and you only had time to play one shorter game but he needs 45 minutes to realize he should leave (after continuous begging from us) totally ruining your day as there won't be enough time left for another match... I won't mention a name as he was a noob and probably learnt from that game but still very annoying if it happens. Oh and not to mention bigger games have huge lagging and it is not fun to lag for several minutes even after you won just to wait for your deserved win.

January 27, 2013 5:43:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Wintercross,

That's real noble and everything, but since you don't know I'll 'splain it: 

There is nothing virtuous in prolonging a game.  It is selfish to deny others so that you can gain some cheap thrill.  No one wants to test your character by seeing how valiantly you can stand to the last ship, they want to play another game.  It's just plain rude to drag a game out.  By your "I'll show them" antics, you cause several people to waste time on your selfish ass because you are too immature to get it.

Show some common courtesy, not false bravado when faced with certain defeat, and concede.

January 27, 2013 6:08:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He said he rarely plays online so "to the last ship" is fine vs. AI if that floats your boat - but yeah, online, what ProtoSlackah said.

January 27, 2013 7:28:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Protoplazm,

Quoting Wintercross, reply 14I always play to the last ship... Though I rarely play online. I actualy enjoy holding out for as long as possible against overwhelming odds. Makes for a good tale afterwards.

Quiting when your losing is just lame. gather your remaining ships and fight your last stand for crying out loud.That's real noble and everything, but since you don't know I'll 'splain it: 

There is nothing virtuous in prolonging a game.  It is selfish to deny others so that you can gain some cheap thrill.  No one wants to test your character by seeing how valiantly you can stand to the last ship, they want to play another game.  It's just plain rude to drag a game out.  By your "I'll show them" antics, you cause several people to waste time on your selfish ass because you are too immature to get it.

Show some common courtesy, not false bravado when faced with certain defeat, and concede.

And what exactly is he denying to the others by not giving up? The time they could play another game? They are free to quit themselves anytime and start a new game, if they are bored, right? Clearly they would not get a win to their stats, but why should be your win/lose ratio more important than his "cheap thrill"?

Obviously, avoiding the enemy with the last remaining ship is gay. There needs to be some sense. But giving up fairly good game, just because your teammates lost/quitted/disconnected, leaving you outnumbered and therefore most likely to lose,  i dont think thats given. Someone can have a fun playing even against all odds, taking at least one of the enemies out before facing the unescapable defeat might be even more satisfying than overall win. Maybe not for you, but that is not a good reason to expect anyone to abide to the same set of unwritten rules you do, especially when it comes to fun.

January 27, 2013 8:06:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't care about my win/loss record, in part because I'm not a real competitive person...but also, my reputation and how other skilled players perceive me is independent of my win/loss record...people online know that I'm competent and skilled but hardly a pro....

But, that's for skilled 5s games...what if I wanted to join a random 2v2v2 or 6 man ffa?  Not all those people are regular players in the 5s and thus won't necessarily know me...they are going to judge me by my win/loss ratio and so it doesn't help them if my win/loss ratio is inflated or deflated....

Additionally, newer people that don't have a reputation from diplomacy or from the forums bank on their win/loss record as proof of their skill/competency...

So, while I "don't care" about my win/loss record, I (and others) do like getting the win when it really was a win, because accurate records (however unrealistic) would be nice to have....

January 27, 2013 9:21:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There's also nothing wrong with a last man standing who still has a fleet wanting one last big battle to go out in a blaze of glory on - it's more the dragging out of a game to just mop up for another hour that people rightly object to.

January 27, 2013 10:19:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,
And what exactly is he denying to the others by not giving up? The time they could play another game? They are free to quit themselves anytime and start a new game, if they are bored, right? Clearly they would not get a win to their stats, but why should be your win/lose ratio more important than his "cheap thrill"?

It's just rude. It maybe a number, but if I'm about to get a win I'm not going to quit no matter how much it takes. That just rewards not giving up. And forcing us to hunt down every planet you have accomplishes absolutely nothing. Thanks to threads like this, not quiting also makes you more likely to get kicked from future games as people learn than you have a reputation for doing that.

Quoting Timmaigh,
unwritten rules you do

The rules are being articulated better, and the other team will be informing you of them. If you are the only one left on a team versus 5 other players with bigger empire's and fleets than you, I don't see why any rational person would find the unwritten rule to be unreasonable, unless there is a language issue like mentioned above.

Quoting Ekko_Tek,
There's also nothing wrong with a last man standing who still has a fleet wanting one last big battle to go out in a blaze of glory on - it's more the dragging out of a game to just mop up for another hour that people rightly object to.

I agree, but in this case you should just throw everything you have at the enemy horde and just watch the fire works. Don't force the other team to chase your Vorastra around the map, and give up as soon as your fleet is in ashes.

January 28, 2013 4:34:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
I don't care about my win/loss record, in part because I'm not a real competitive person...but also, my reputation and how other skilled players perceive me is independent of my win/loss record...people online know that I'm competent and skilled but hardly a pro....

But, that's for skilled 5s games...what if I wanted to join a random 2v2v2 or 6 man ffa?  Not all those people are regular players in the 5s and thus won't necessarily know me...they are going to judge me by my win/loss ratio and so it helps if my win/loss ratio is inflated or deflated....

Additionally, newer people that don't have a reputation from diplomacy or from the forums bank on their win/loss record as proof of their skill/competency...

So, while I "don't care" about my win/loss record, I (and others) do like getting the win when it really was a win, because accurate records (however unrealistic) would be nice to have....

It is a strange issue for me, I don't really care for that ratio either (but it looks nice if i have more win than losses, i feel better for some reason), BUT, if i get the win i deserve, it makes the match completed for me, it feels bad to just leave a game before the last hero leaves, and it makes it spoiled for me, feel incompleted, like a film i don't watch till the last minute and leave before the actual ending even the main battle was done some minutes before. And I am like that newish player who is rated from his winloss ratio as I am not well known in skilled games, and I don't really have much time for playing online for an unfortunate reason, thus it is always a reason to get the win if I did everything for it. (it is a different question when i get almost destroyed and still my team wins it doesnt feel good, and that win means much less for me as i couldn't really accomplish anything to achieve that victory, big merit holding my last planet.. I know it still adds to victory but feeling no chance to do anything really helpful almost whole game doesn't feel that good like I was able to destroy my opponent).

Oh and I am that kind of person who doesn't have that much time to play a day, and as i would like to get my win and someone drags the game for an hour i get really upset, I don't like my day ruined by someone who thinks he is that funny and i will not be able to play even a smaller 2v2 game after that game (I don't really like 1v1-s as my skill is like its hard to find someone who stands a chance against me and i stand a real chance against him..)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time: