Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Please help me with "Dev.exe" part 3

By on January 26, 2013 1:16:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

HassanRuediger

Join Date 03/2012
+1

Hey modders,

I would like to upload the new update of "Crazy 2.95", but the mod still has many errors when starting it with the Dev.exe.

So I list here the errors I get:

1. Sometimes before the window is opening:

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\Engine/Core/Settings.cpp(693)

!attemptToReadLegacySettings || (attemptToReadLegacySettings && versionNumberFromFile >= ConvertToReleaseSpecificVersionNumber(184))

After that the other error reports (In sequence):

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\GS/Entity/Interfaces/IWeapon.cpp(92)

false

3.___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\GS/Entity/Interfaces/IAbility.cpp(393)

m_aiUseTime != AIUseTime::Invalid

4._____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\GS/Entity/Interfaces/IAbility.cpp(234)

false

5.____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\GS/Entity/Support/DamageInfo.h(72)

m_AttackType != AttackType::Invalid

6. alternately with:

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\Engine/DataStructures/FixedArray.h(117)

i >= 0

7.___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\GS/Entity/EntitySystemHelpers.cpp(715)

starBaseName == sourceAbility->GetIAbilityPtr()->GetDef()->m_buffApplyAction.entityTypeToCreate

8.___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\Engine/DataStructures/FixedArray.h(117)

i >= 0

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you can help me with creating a totally crashfree "Crazy"-version.

Please help me

Simon/TheyCallMeProphet

Link to my mod's page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/crazy

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2013 1:30:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Assert @ C:\Projects\P4\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\Engine/Core/Settings.cpp(693)

!attemptToReadLegacySettings || (attemptToReadLegacySettings && versionNumberFromFile >= ConvertToReleaseSpecificVersionNumber(184))

this one I think pops up every time you switch from dev mode to reg mode as the dev makes a new settings file every time.

the abilities errors may be all attached to one ability

all the errors you are listing can be caused by multiple things, like the data structure i >= 0 can be connected to anything, last time I got it was on a planet, max roids 3 but min roids was 5

need to test more as you go 

January 26, 2013 2:12:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

all the errors you are listing can be caused by multiple things, like the data structure i >= 0 can be connected to anything, last time I got it was on a planet, max roids 3 but min roids was 5

You're right, I made a test mod only with the planets. When I tried to start it, it crashes after the i >= 0 appeared.

Thank you for that

Do you have ideas about the other errors?

June 18, 2013 2:12:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I got a crash free version running before the update but am having quite a time of converting the files to a format that the new Sins can agree with.

Thanks to this I may switch my degree course from EE to Game Dev

June 18, 2013 2:37:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's a worthless degree.  If you really want to make games, one in programming is a far superior choice.

June 18, 2013 8:09:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Right now, a bunch of errors related to "ExplosionEffectGroup 'Vasari_CapitalShip0' not found." for all the different ship types per race is causing a crash in Dev.exe.

The files are there. Why can't the engine find them?

Edit: Fixed - mentioned 2 posts below.

June 18, 2013 8:10:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,

That's a worthless degree.  If you really want to make games, one in programming is a far superior choice.

I'll gladly take that advice. Thanks

June 18, 2013 9:42:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

June 19, 2013 9:26:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Advent_Frigate0 refuses to work. Removing it from the game entirely fixes it.

The starbase name thing in EntitySystemHelpers.cpp is now a problem. All starbase-related files were checked and validated. I'm tired of typing everything in and hoping it works. I've checked and rechecked and am obviously too ignorant to understand where the problem is. It's been a learning experience but I give up on the crash course route.

The only tools I have been using so far are Notepad++ and the converter provided with the game.

June 19, 2013 9:34:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001094   Page Render Time: