Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Skarovas Enforcer Bug

SOASE: Rebellion bug

By on March 2, 2013 12:42:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

davor2503

Join Date 07/2012

Greetings. First of all, I apologize for my bad english, it's not my native language. Second this game is awesome, it's my second best game after Homeworld. They should build statues of developers who brought us this amazing game. Now, to get to the point, there is a one bug in this game that pretty annoys me (I mean on SOASE: Rebellion because I didn't play Vanilla but it's possible that this bug is present even there). It's about Skarovas Enforcer. When enemy units jump in to my or ally gravity well these cruisers simply won't respond on enemy threat. They are just sitting and doing nothing and I have to manually engage enemy. This is only with Scarovas Enforcer, I didn't notice that bug on other frigates and cruisers. This happens on all maps, custom made maps in galaxy forge or in game maps that comes when game is installed. That's a pretty frustrating. It would be a pity they don't fix this bug because this game rocks and I don't now any other game that stands alongside with this one except for a Homeworld original.I hope they will fix this bug in next update.

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 2, 2013 1:47:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well first of all, are you sure you didn't turn of "Auto Attack" or change the engagement range on those units at some point?

Second, some people have noticed that unit targetting can be delayed (sometimes for a long time) if the game using all the CPU it can use.

Third, units will not attack invincible units, so if there is an Akkan battlecruiser in the gravity well or something it maybe it is using an ability that makes the enemy ships invulnerable.

March 3, 2013 7:46:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I confirm your second statement. It seems they do engage enemy units but after veeery long time. Most of them are destroyed until the rest starts to engage them. But here is a strange thing. This only happens with Skarovas Enforcers and last time I played it was in middle sized map, Triumvirate to be specific and very early about 1.5-2 hour of playing. I am aware of a lag that eventually results when playing for a long time and that game doesn't support multicore (too bad), but until then game runs like a charm, no lag, and all other units respond properly, frigates,capital ships, titan and all other cruisers. That really frustrates me because i really like Skarovas when they rip apart other frigates. It seems more like a bug that has a some kind a problem with engaging enemy units present only at Skarovas Enforcer. My specs are: Intel 2600K, Asus P8Z68-V, Radeon 6870, Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz, OCZ ZS 650W, Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA III so I believe that my rig is quite adequate for this game. Anyway thanks for reply. I am glad that someone can help me. Cheers!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: