Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

3DS to XSI to Sins - I Went Wrong Somewhere

By on May 30, 2013 7:02:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WOEaintME

Join Date 05/2013
+18

So I've recently made a model in 3DS (just the shape, no points, textures, etc. Only boxes & spheres and the like) and from there I exported it as an obj which I then imported into XSI.

Once in XSI I added some points (rootpoint, weapons, exhaust) and wanting to test it out I decided to export it as an xsi.

My problem is when I convert it to a mesh using the Rebellion convertors I get a radius of -1, a poly count of 0 and no model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I didn't see another post that answered this for me so I apologize if the anser is out there in the forest of threads).

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 30, 2013 10:18:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Did you freeze everything?

freeze all transforms
FreezeM is the model
Freeze   is the scene

if your are not sure, do them all.

Are you on the scene root when you export? 

May 30, 2013 11:56:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

DOH!! LOL I made the same mistake when i imported my 1st model (same error). What Fist0 said. Make sure you freeze all transforms, and when in doubt freeze everything. You will need to freeze the model quite frequently anyway when you do the tangents.

make sure NOTHING is selected when you export the .xsi. Otherwise you will get the same error.

May 30, 2013 7:24:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you, both of you.

My model is now in game. I can't believe how easy it was (it's a very crude model but it's a start and it flies straight, first try)

Thanks again guys, if all goes well I won't be back until I have models worth sharing with everyone.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: