Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Rebellion v1.5??

By on June 5, 2013 5:51:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

vasari_admiral

Join Date 08/2009
+1

i just opened up steam this afternoon and sins updated. according to the mod folder, it is "Rebellion v1.5". this has broken all my save files. i googled and cant find a changelog or anything. i dont have beta access enabled. is this official? or another steam goof? can i revert back to v1.1?

EDIT: just found the changelog, but i still would like to know if i can revert back to 1.1

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 5, 2013 5:54:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's official. They just missed to remove "Beta" from the update.

As far as I know you can't revert back to 1.1.

June 5, 2013 6:09:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nope.

June 5, 2013 6:11:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

would transferring all the program files from my laptop to my desktop work? i still have 1.1 on my laptop

June 5, 2013 6:17:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Maybe. Might be better to transfer your save files to your laptop.

June 5, 2013 6:27:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

probably. only thing is, i cant turn off auto updates in steam while in offline mode, go figure... i guess i can make a local backup on my hard drive in case i cant snipe the settings before it updates.

June 5, 2013 6:31:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you play mods with Sins you should always make a complete/full copy of the entire Sins of a Solar Empire game directory.

You can then launch that version to play your mods regardless of any patches/updates.

cheers!

June 5, 2013 6:57:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

If you play mods with Sins you should always make a complete/full copy of the entire Sins of a Solar Empire game directory.

You can then launch that version to play your mods regardless of any patches/updates.

cheers!

thanks for the tip, but could you elaborate a little bit? where do i put the copy of the directory? would i place it in the steamapps folder and just rename it, or...

June 5, 2013 7:06:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting vasari_admiral,
would i place it in the steamapps folder and just rename it

You can do this and it will work just fine. That's what I do personally.

June 5, 2013 7:12:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thanks everyone. i just spent 4 hours last night maxing out an Executor and id rather like to keep using it

June 6, 2013 12:35:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vasari Admiral... do the following:

Start your desktop:

Create a new folder on a hard drive with enough space.

Call this folder "Rebellion 1.1. for Mods" (or something similar)

Start your laptop...

copy ALL Rebellion 1.1 files into the "Rebellion 1.1. for Mods" folder on your desktop computer.

DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR CURRENT GAME IN THE STEAM SUBFOLDER!.

Open Steam

Select:

Games -  "Add non Steam game to library". 

Select the folder "Rebellion 1.1. for Mods"

Select the file "Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe"

Done.

Now you should have 2 Entries for Sins Rebellion in your Steam Library.You can even edit the name for the just created link... like Rebellion Mods 1.1 or so.

I hope that helps.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: