Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Rebellion 1.5 Modding Changes (Includes DLC)

By on June 6, 2013 1:41:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+325

Quick overview of things concerning modding with 1.5 (base and DLC).

*.galaxy - planetBonusDensity 0.600000 from 0.4000000

Ability* - various changes to include NotInvulnerable, NotFlagship and proper constraints for Titans and Coverttes. Nothing major.

AchievementsDef.AchievementsDef - includes new achievements

Buff* - similar to abilities, nothing major added.

BuffCannonShellPsiApplyOnPlanet.entity (New)

GalaxyScenarioDef.galaxyScenarioDef - modifications are mainly for adding the new planet templates (see weighted or random entries), also adds the second frigate factory.

Gameplay.constants - playerAISharedDef - Adds new UpgradePlanetSocial and UpgradePlanetIndustry. Also increased BuildShip for AI. 

Planet* - Adds new Social and Industry Path. Adds new dlcId. New bonuses mixed in as per planet types.

PlanetBonus* - Adds new floatBonuses and intBonuses. Adds new field dlcId

floatBonus:BombingDamageAsDamageTargetAdjustment 0.000000
floatBonus:MaxAllegiancePercBonus 0.000000
floatBonus:ShipBuildCostAdjustment 0.000000
floatBonus:WeaponDamageAtGravityWellMultiplier 0.000000

intBonus:MaxSpaceMines 0
intBonus:MaxStarbases 0

Player* - Adds new research subjects for DLC. Adds new UserActionIcon for Social and Industry.

ResearchSubject* - Adds new attribute dlcId to all entities

RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_GREENHOUSEPHASE.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_GREENHOUSEPSI.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_GREENHOUSETECH.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_IRONPHASE.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_IRONPSI.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_IRONTECH.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_OCEANICPHASE.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_OCEANICPSI.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETACCESS_OCEANICTECH.entity (New)

RESEARCHSUBJECT_POPULATIONCAPIRONPHASE0.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_POPULATIONCAPIRONPHASE1.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_POPULATIONCAPOCEANICTECH0.entity (New)
RESEARCHSUBJECT_POPULATIONCAPOCEANICTECH1.entity (New)

StarBaseUpgradePhaseWeapons.entity - Increased upgradeTime for first weapon

TITAN* - minor rebalancing

Particles - MeshName removed all directory locations

English.str - NumStrings changed from 7344 to 7507

*.brushes - Various new entries for DLC

MainMenuScreen.window - Appears to be unused entry for dlcButton (approach change maybe)

SteamMainMenuScreen.window - see above

*.mesh - glossiness changed on some meshes

Planet_Barren_0.mesh (New)
Planet_Dwarf_0.mesh (New)
Planet_Dwarf_1.mesh (New)
Planet_Greenhouse_0.mesh (New)
Planet_Iron_0.mesh (New)
Planet_Oceanic_0.mesh (New)

* full list of files modified: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5790092/rebellion/rebellion_1_5_files_modified.txt

new constants:

planetTypeForResearch: Barren, Iron, Greenhouse, Moon, Oceanic

linkedPlanetType: Barren, Iron, Greenhouse, Moon, Oceanic

researchBoolModifiers: JumpBlockerImmune, StarBasesCanHyperspaceOnlyToPhaseNodes

Locked Post 20 Replies +6 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
ARESIV
IskatuMesk
rjhughes67
Lavo_2
myfist0
GoaFan77
June 6, 2013 1:56:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome. 

June 6, 2013 2:04:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Player* - Adds new research subjects for DLC

There also have been additions for the Social and Industrial UI.

researchBoolModifiers: JumpBlockerImmune, StarBasesCanHyperspaceOnlyToPhaseNodes

For reference, the old modifier StarBasesCanHyperspace is still valid.

June 6, 2013 2:06:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

June 6, 2013 2:13:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Would any of these caused a runtime crash and not a minidump? I believe I've covered all the bases in GalaxyDef, planets, and the AI related changes in gametypes. I nuked all my researches (all they did was make them do nothing). Would the ability changes be responsible for this?

June 6, 2013 2:20:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting IskatuMesk,
Would any of these caused a runtime crash and not a minidump? I believe I've covered all the bases in GalaxyDef, planets, and the AI related changes in gametypes. I nuked all my researches (all they did was make them do nothing). Would the ability changes be responsible for this?

There have been 0 changes to abilities and buffs. Only Planet Bonuses, Player*, Planet, and research (entity) files have been fundamentally changed. Even without these changes done a 1.1 mod should still work.

Gameplay.constants - playerAISharedDef - Adds new UpgradePlanetSocial and UpgradePlanetIndustry. Also increased BuildShip for AI. Adds diplomacyPointsForPactCount 7-12 to avoid issues in code.

After comparing 1.1 and 1.5's files, only the first two changes have been done; I do not see the third done in any capacity.

June 6, 2013 2:23:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Retribution is definitely not working. I'm just getting a runtime error on mod activation and nothing reported in the log for it. I rebuilt the manifest and everything.

Frustrating.

/edit

The runtime error is definitely the scenariodef file.

/edit 2

I think I have fixed it. Carry on.

June 6, 2013 2:24:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,
I do not see the third done in any capacity.

Apparently the 1.1 set I compared against didn't have the latter so it's a non-issue.

June 6, 2013 2:31:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Very Nice!! 

June 7, 2013 3:18:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Very good. Now the question, if I replace these files at my mod or I make the files from my mod with them, will it be enough?

What about the forbidden planets? what are the changes? or is it as the diplomacy version? I have not bought it by the moment.

June 8, 2013 8:13:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just FYI you're missing the Advent Barren max planet pop cap research in the new research list. I'm sure I'll find more as I'm going through all of this.

Has anyone messed around with how the DLCids work? I'm guessing one value enables the entity for all players and another only for those with the DLC?

June 9, 2013 12:13:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Has anyone messed around with how the DLCids work? I'm guessing one value enables the entity for all players and another only for those with the DLC?

I was going to ask you that tonight....well then........

June 9, 2013 3:10:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 10Has anyone messed around with how the DLCids work? I'm guessing one value enables the entity for all players and another only for those with the DLC?

I was going to ask you that tonight....well then........

I only updated to 1.5 yesterday, still working on updating what I have.

June 9, 2013 5:05:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I wouldn't mess with that line... For some reason the thought of doing that seems to be a bad idea to me, though I'm fairly certain it's how the game "locks out" DLC content from those who do not own the DLC, as obvious as that sounds.

June 9, 2013 1:19:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,

I wouldn't mess with that line... For some reason the thought of doing that seems to be a bad idea to me, though I'm fairly certain it's how the game "locks out" DLC content from those who do not own the DLC, as obvious as that sounds.

I don't want to "Mess with it", I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing when I add that line to all my other files.

June 9, 2013 2:15:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
I don't want to "Mess with it", I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing when I add that line to all my other files.

Oh. In that case, I added the following line to my own files, which based on what I've seen, should make them work with both DLC owners and non-DLC owners: dlcId 204880

That particular ID is what seems to be used in all the non-DLC files, while the DLC files appear to use a moniker of 228601.

June 9, 2013 4:10:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 14I don't want to "Mess with it", I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing when I add that line to all my other files.
Oh. In that case, I added the following line to my own files, which based on what I've seen, should make them work with both DLC owners and non-DLC owners: dlcId 204880

That particular ID is what seems to be used in all the non-DLC files, while the DLC files appear to use a moniker of 228601.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that would actually work before I wrote scripts to do all that...

June 10, 2013 9:09:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For those of you wondering why the titan mesh changes are listed that aren't planetary...

*.mesh - glossiness changed on some meshes

They changed the glossiness on the Vasari titans and the TEC rebel titan.

Titan_PhaseLoyalist - 20 to 16

Titan_PhaseRebel - 50 to 20

Titan_TechRebel - 50 to 20

June 10, 2013 9:14:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

DLC ID

dlcId 204880 - For vanilla rebellion usage

dlcId 228601 - For Forbidden Worlds usage

dlcId is valid in the following entities currently:

• PlanetBonus
  • Planet
  • ResearchSubject
June 10, 2013 12:45:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,
They changed the glossiness on the Vasari titans and the TEC rebel titan.

Titan_PhaseLoyalist - 20 to 16

Titan_PhaseRebel - 50 to 20

Titan_TechRebel - 50 to 20

Does anyone has pictures for comparsion?

June 12, 2013 6:36:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Strange couple of questions. Possibly not the correct place to post it and I apologise for that.

Is there any reason why there are 74 Planet Bonuses listed in the Game Info folder, but only 66 in the Galaxy scenario def file? 

Is there any way to add them into the Galaxy scenario def? If I add them in manually after the rest of the bonuses then GF fails to open, presumably because its trying to access a specific line in the programme that is no longer in the correct place? However I can eliminate some of the other bonuses and replace them with the missing ones as long as the overall number stays at 66.

Thanks!

/Edit 

There are actually only 33 Bonuses in the GSD file, which makes a lot more sense as it means none of the new bonuses are in there and Space Ponies is not included for obvious reasons.

The only question that remains for me is how to get all the bonuses into GF

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001532   Page Render Time: