Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

What happened to Global Warming?

By on June 20, 2013 9:54:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+325

What happened to Global Warming?

When I put my first above ground pool in around the late 90's we were able to open it in April and start swimming in May.

Now my pool is just opened and still not warm enough to swim in

I'd like some global warming back...

2913 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
GeomanNL
August 6, 2015 11:12:27 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

I will not take that bet: http://www.weather.com/news/climate/news/earth-warmest-january-may-2015

August 6, 2015 11:23:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eviator,

I predict by December of this year scientists will conclusively prove 2015 was the hottest year on record. Anyone want to take a counter bet?

It wasn't here in Oz.... and I had less buckets of sweat to prove it. 

August 7, 2015 12:11:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's just old age setting in, you sweat less as you advance in years.

I have no doubt that 2015 will be the "hottest year on record" by the end of the year.  It's hard not to have the hottest year when you continually reduce past temperature readings.

August 7, 2015 12:21:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmm I have  a theory that global warming is the cover story for all the weather modification techniques used to force capitulation of aggressor states at the bargaining table via large "disaster" storms...

August 7, 2015 12:50:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A creative theory, but we haven't actually had much in the way of large disaster storms.  It's been an extremely mellow couple decades for weather, contrary to all the doom and gloom soothsayers.

August 7, 2015 1:57:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting psychoak,

That's just old age setting in, you sweat less as you advance in years.

Nope, I sweat far more at 62 than I did at 26. 

Okay, so I have a medical condition, but I had many more buckets of sweat for the same period in 2012 than in 2015,  We had a bitching hot Summer in 2012, and thus far we've not come close in 2015.

Quoting psychoak,

I have no doubt that 2015 will be the "hottest year on record" by the end of the year. It's hard not to have the hottest year when you continually reduce past temperature readings.

Hit the nail on the head, there.... when paid enough money, global warming scientists will come up with the  desired 'data' to 'support' the lie.

August 7, 2015 3:26:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

A creative theory, but we haven't actually had much in the way of large disaster storms.  It's been an extremely mellow couple decades for weather, contrary to all the doom and gloom soothsayers.

Oh it's not creative, and using averages to explain the outliers doesn't mean anything.  The outliers are what we'd be looking for in the system, and there have been a few, like a few years back during pakistan's large, politically well timed decimating floods.  That is one example, there are many others, i'll leave that to you to correlate as i'm not writing a dissertation on this. 

August 7, 2015 5:12:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

August 7, 2015 6:37:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice cartoon, except that the existence of global warming is proven beyond doubt. So... fail?

August 7, 2015 7:55:58 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Whoosh! Airball!

August 8, 2015 3:31:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm really worried about climate change and how it affects UK weather...

...will it ever rain?

August 8, 2015 6:30:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,

Nice cartoon, except that the existence of global warming is proven beyond doubt. So... fail?

Actually, it's a great cartoon because it hits the nail on the head.

As for proof, the only thing that has been proven, re: global warming, is that there's a lot of gullible people who believe in it.... and that a lot of already wealthy companies/people are getting richer from the lie.

August 8, 2015 6:34:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

...will it ever rain?

Why the fech do ya want it to rain?  England need one more wicket to regain the Ashes... rain is NOT required until the fat's lady has sung.

Go the Poms.

August 8, 2015 6:50:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

...will it ever rain?

Why the fech do ya want it to rain?  England need one more wicket to regain the Ashes... rain is NOT required until the fat's lady has sung.

Go the Poms.

Edit...... 

Aust ALL OUT... England WIN by an innings and 88 runs,  

August 8, 2015 10:11:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting starkers,

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,

Actually, it's a great cartoon because it hits the nail on the head.

As for proof, the only thing that has been proven, re: global warming, is that there's a lot of gullible people who believe in it.... and that a lot of already wealthy companies/people are getting richer from the lie.

And that, of course, is a lie - and a stupid lie, because it can be refuted after a few minutes of Googling. A word of advice - if you want to lie, try to stick to clever lies rather than the stupid ones, it will make your lying career slightly more successful. 

August 8, 2015 10:12:49 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

starkers....go back where you came from....

heathen....

August 8, 2015 10:34:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And that, of course, is a lie - and a stupid lie, because it can be refuted after a few minutes of Googling. A word of advice - if you want to lie, try to stick to clever lies rather than the stupid ones, it will make your lying career slightly more successful.

When you call out a statement so boldly, you really should do that few minutes of Googling first.  Billions change hands every year in the environmentalist version of war profiteering.  General Electric gets a massive subsidy for every windmill they sell, which are generally too expensive to maintain and go to rot within a decade.  Agricultural giants get millions in subsidies for ethanol production, which actually reduces fuel efficiency so much that it's a net loss in every aspect even without considering the energy it takes to make it.  Do you think Al Gore got horrendously rich by magic?  He was on track to have more money than most countries before Cap and Trade went bust, AGW fear mongering is a trillion dollar industry funded by tax dollars from people that actually produce something of value.  Whether it's real or not is irrelevant, the industrialized world is getting hosed by politicians so they can get rich through corporate welfare kickbacks.

If you're seriously arguing that it's actually proven beyond doubt, well, perhaps you should rethink that idea.  Even if none of the data tampering and other bullshit were taking place, it would still be nothing resembling proven beyond a doubt.  It would only be a loosely justified hypothesis with long term monitoring needed to take a presumed temperature correlation from modeling to observed fact, and a vastly better understanding of our biosphere to rule out other causes.  All we have to do is be a little off in how much CO2 we think the oceans absorb and release based on temperature, and the whole theory would still go bust.  Delusional ideas as to the state of things is why politicians should stay the fuck out of the scientific process, they've taken a potentially legitimate field of research and turned it into a circus dominated by logical fallacies and propaganda.

August 8, 2015 10:56:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,

Thing is, I'm not the one lying here.   I DO NOT believe in the man made global warming theory... er, conspiracy.... which makes me a skeptic, not a liar.

Do I believe in so-called evidence to refute the theory... I mean conspiracy?  Not necessarily!   Either side can manufacture computer models to try prove their claims, and either side could alter facts to fit with their argument, but I do not swallow any of it.  I have my own views and theories on the matter, and one day proof will be found to substantiate my thinking.

Quoting Jafo,

starkers....go back where you came from....

heathen....

Hehe, I knew you would say something like that.

Fact is, the better side won, and won it resoundingly. 

And another good thing to come out of it, Michael Clarke got the tap on the shoulder he should have gotten around 4 - 5 years ago.

Now Steve Smith can take the reigns and do a better job.

August 8, 2015 11:12:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Curiously...I drove past the original home of the Ashes today....[in Sunbury] on my way to the Millmarket in Daylesford ... gave the Aero a bit of stick in the windy bits.  All I got from the market was a pair of WW2 flying goggles for my leather flying helmet...

August 8, 2015 5:10:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting eviator,

I predict by December of this year scientists will conclusively prove 2015 was the hottest year on record. Anyone want to take a counter bet?

I bet one Glazier, but hurry because I may not have it for long!!!

August 12, 2015 5:55:30 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

And the beat goes on:  We're all gonna die!

August 13, 2015 11:00:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, global warming has been hard at work here in Oz in recent weeks, what with some of the coldest temps on record, no to mention snow in settling in Southern Queensland.

For those who don't know, we get a bit of snow falling around a place called Stanthorpe, but so very rarely does it ever settle. This year, however, not only did it settle thickly on the ground around the Stanthorpe region, we actually had snow falling here in Ipswich....  something that hasn't happened in the 46 years since I first moved here.

As for the hottest year on record?   That'll only happen here if we have a few days in December around 55c to 60c.

August 13, 2015 11:19:37 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I want post 2500 in this inanity.

August 13, 2015 11:19:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

....and I...

August 13, 2015 11:20:15 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

got the fucker....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time: