Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Sins: Rebellion v1.79 Beta Begins

Opt-In via Steam

By on August 21, 2013 2:38:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+228

Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to announce the start of an opt-in BETA for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion today. Available as an opt-in via Steam, the v1.79 beta updates the game's graphics shader system and contains several balance changes. 

For a full change log visit: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/447729

Locked Post 25 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 21, 2013 5:22:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen, we need screen comparisons of the new shaders.

August 21, 2013 5:48:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And cake!  Cake is good.  mmmm... cake.  

backs out of the room slowly...  

August 22, 2013 12:23:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

These guys approve

----->

August 22, 2013 1:16:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome, thank you for still supporting Sins!

August 22, 2013 2:14:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oddski_Boddski,
These guys approve
As do these

Another one of pbhead's classics.

Seriously, though the changes to the rendering engine look nice. Offloading some processing the the graphics card also sounds good too.

September 11, 2013 10:40:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

not seeing an opt-in for the beta on steam. how do I get in?

September 11, 2013 1:54:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sky,

not seeing an opt-in for the beta on steam. how do I get in?

clic derecho en el juego en la biblioteca de "steam", propiedades, pestaña beta

right click on the game in the library of "steam", properties, beta tab

(google translated)

September 11, 2013 1:58:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

LIBRARY->Right click on Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

On the menu select Properties, on the resulting window select the BETAS tab. Use the drop-down to opt-in.

There's no beta access code to enter, see link in the OP as well: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/447729

September 11, 2013 4:10:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for replies, figured it it right after posting . DOH! feel like a dummy

September 15, 2013 2:50:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

how do i sign up for the rebellion beta?

September 15, 2013 5:05:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Any news on updates for the beta? 

Or more DLC

September 16, 2013 10:30:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not yet. Testing stuff internally, though.

September 20, 2013 4:34:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

what kind of stuff, if I may be so bold to ask?

September 20, 2013 9:54:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Some balance stuff mostly.  I'll likely add it into the 1.79 beta test next week if it feels good.

September 20, 2013 10:11:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

can you post a changelog of that too?

September 20, 2013 5:22:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Aye, I'll update the OP when I'm ready to make it public.

September 20, 2013 5:26:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

Some balance stuff mostly.  I'll likely add it into the 1.79 beta test next week if it feels good.

Phase Missile nerf?

October 7, 2013 10:38:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

Could we possibly get a fix for the arbitrary limit on jumping starbases?
You know, where the planet entity may have a limit of 2 or more starbases, however if one is already there another cannot jump in regardless of the grav well limit.

October 7, 2013 10:31:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

October 8, 2013 8:21:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well......it's not a pony...

October 9, 2013 10:18:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Wintercross,

Quoting Yarlen, reply 14

You know, where the planet entity may have a limit of 2 or more starbases, however if one is already there another cannot jump in regardless of the grav well limit.

No, this is hardcoded.

October 9, 2013 7:12:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

Quoting Wintercross, reply 18

Quoting Yarlen, reply 14

No, this is hardcoded.

Will we ever see a reversing of that? It was a failed attempt at balance after all...

October 10, 2013 10:55:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Unlikely.

October 10, 2013 11:24:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Wintercross,
It was a failed attempt at balance after all...

In your opinion.

October 10, 2013 10:48:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Quoting Wintercross, reply 22It was a failed attempt at balance after all...

In your opinion.

Well, it was initiated to balance the VR Starbase, but ultimately it did not, thus the recent changes requiring them to use phase nodes which has a more profound effect. Therefore it was a failed attempt because it did not balance VR and just messed with an otherwise excellent resource for modders.

It might be unlikely since the team doesnt really care about it I guess, but it's something I really need and want.
I'd rather not have to roll back versions to make my mod work right because most people don't have access to the retail version of Rebellion.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time: