Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Skirmish games; starting points

By on November 1, 2013 9:29:57 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

NitroX infi...

Join Date 03/2006
+12

I was annoyed with GalCiv2 when playing against just one AI on an immense map and it would start close by me. Why not start on the other side of the map? Why so close?

It's even worse when you're playing against multiple AI's and you are all put together in a corner of the map which basicly cuts you off from the rest of the map.

When playing a skirmish game I want to be able to arrange where each race starts. I don't expect exact control but a few standard options would be nice.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 1, 2013 9:46:35 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I imagine there would be a slider for "Spaced out" versus "Close-knit" or something like that.

Yeah, I can see that really cutting down my Control + N adventures

November 1, 2013 1:27:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm not sure if Sins ever got this, but I always wanted a "have teammates spawn next to each other" option.

I can't remember how many times my friends and I would reset a Sins LAN game because we didn't spawn next to each other.

It is similar to what the OP suggested, so I agree!

November 3, 2013 7:14:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well the random map generator was supposed to generate random yet equal maps. For instance, if you didn't have close access to many planets, you might instead get many nearby galactic resources. If you were for instance, inconvenienced by having many civilizations nearby, then they was likely something that would balance things out for you.

I should point out that if you were not happy with random maps, you could always use a pre-designed map, either made by the devs or made by yourself.

November 4, 2013 2:26:00 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I have one request in this regard. In multiplayer games with AIs, please make sure the human players start as spread out as possible.

November 4, 2013 2:28:45 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I like that Enrich zombie. cool

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time: