Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Is there any way to make random maps that do not spawn asteroids?

By on November 1, 2013 3:15:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

UnleashedElf

Join Date 03/2013
+15

Is there any way to make all of the planets normal sized planets (ex: no asteroids, or dwarf planets), save for the pirate base?

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 1, 2013 3:36:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

unleashedelf, the only answers I know of are

1 the 'map designer' and do not use the 'random colonisable' planet type (you did specify random map ie not knowing what the map layout is)

2 create a mod with a altered galaxyscenariodef.galaxyscenariodef that removes the dwarfs and asteriods from the random colonisable, (this would allow you to play all existing maps that use the random colonisable (in theory)

hope this helps

harpo

November 1, 2013 4:09:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,

Is there any way to make all of the planets normal sized planets (ex: no asteroids, or dwarf planets), save for the pirate base?

Yes. Make a map in the map designer where you use planet types that do spawn moons or asteroid (RandomTrue or the explict Terran/Desert etc. would work).

However, by default each homeworld has a "Starting Area" that includes asteroids and moons. To get rid of these, you'll need to save the map, then open it in Notepad and manually remove the asteroid and moon references from the starting area.

November 1, 2013 9:46:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay going to try out the galaxyscenariodef idea.

Does that mean that I get rid of all of the

orbitBodyType "Asteroid"

orbitBodyType "DeadAsteroid"

in each planetType?

Thanks in advance btw.

November 1, 2013 9:53:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting UnleashedElf,

Okay going to try out the galaxyscenariodef idea.

Does that mean that I get rid of all of the

orbitBodyType "Asteroid"

orbitBodyType "DeadAsteroid"

in each planetType?

Thanks in advance btw.

That is how you would do it, but I would not use that method. You will still need to edit each random map's starting area like I mentioned.

November 1, 2013 11:07:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ah I see.

I may have to use the map editor then. If it's just the starting areas though, I may make do. I presume the pirate base too would be an asteroid - acceptable. A handful of asteroids I don't mind.

November 1, 2013 11:50:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting UnleashedElf,

Ah I see.

I may have to use the map editor then. If it's just the starting areas though, I may make do. I presume the pirate base too would be an asteroid - acceptable. A handful of asteroids I don't mind.

It's really not that hard to change. For every star that players spawn at, you just need to change this section of the map file.

playerParams
startingCredits 3000
startingMetal 800
startingCrystal 250
homePlanetType "TerranHome"
homePlanetStarRadiusRange
minPercentage 1.000000
maxPercentage 1.100000
areExtraPlanetsColonized FALSE
extraPlanetsMaxRadius 15.000000
extraPlanetsRadiusRange
minPercentage 0.900000
maxPercentage 1.000000
extraPlanetGroupCount 3
extraPlanetGroup
minCount 1
maxCount 1
planetTypeCount 1
planetType "Asteroid"
extraPlanetGroup
minCount 1
maxCount 1
planetTypeCount 1
planetType "Moon"
extraPlanetGroup
minCount 1
maxCount 1
planetTypeCount 1
planetType "RandomIceVolcanic"

November 1, 2013 11:52:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ah I see. Will give it a shot. Thanks for the help.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: