Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

The Stellar Phenomena DLC Pack for Sins: Rebellion is now available!

By on November 5, 2013 12:01:43 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

sinreb_stellardlclogo

Explore the newest, most dangerous battlefield yet

The ever-expanding conflicts within and between the TEC, Vasari, and Advent have pushed the battlegrounds into uncharted space. The sectors now being drawn into the war feature the most dangerous and powerful natural phenomena in the galaxy. 

In addition, Stellar Phenomena lets players seize the moment with 11 optional random events that can alter the fate of not just your empire but the galaxy at large. Stars launch volatile gases that shut down orbital operations, mobile storms wreak havoc across the solar system, and conquered factions sense your weakness and seek to reclaim their worlds.

Exploit what resources remain in these dangerous sectors while you can. The uncharted depths of space hold threats beyond any natural phenomenon, and not all of them wait to be explored.

Begin charting new frontiers with Stellar Phenomena for $4.99
Get it from Stardock or Steam

Don’t already own Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion?
Get it from Stardock or Steam

Screenshots: 

Exiting the IceField IceField Battle 1
Sins_SP_blackhole1 Sins_SP_pulsar1
IceField Battle 2 Sins_SP_shattered1
Locked Post 51 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 9, 2013 4:51:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Open rebellion is just annoying. Instantly loose the planet and afaik there is no way to stop that

November 20, 2013 10:53:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OK, my opinion???   I love these DLC's!!!  I've been playing Sins since it first came out, way before entrenchment and diplomacy and it's finally evolved into the game I always hoped it could be... and I sure hope there are more DLC's to come.

I have to tell you about the game I (finally) finished.  16 hours!!!  Wow!!! 

But I should warn you all: Spoilers!  If you don't want to know about the new stuff in this DLC, don't read any more, OK?

6 race FFA, one of each race set to hard, this time myself as VL.  I made a big (radius 250) map to check out all the new DLC features: 85 planets around a black hole... Coming out from the black hole is a spiral of shattered planets and asteroid belts to a ring of plasma and radiation storms.  From here there are 6 spirals of 5 planets each: ferris or volcanic, oceanic or greenhouse, terran, desert, and finally ice, which are part of a final ring of ice fields with some scattered pirates.   I also threw in the comet and such down near the blackhole.

First off, and most important as far as I'm concerned... this game was 16 hours long, and not one AI team flatlined!!!!    I can't tell you how frustrating it can be to play a long game, only to find one race just sort of "quit".... grrrrr!!!  But not this time, this time they all slugged it out to the end!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!!  And all 5 other races expanded at about the same rate, so the map ended up very balanced when it was filled out.  The TL were my first big threat, they didn't like me... the AL and AR mostly left me alone, and the TR and VR were too busy slugging it out with each other.  Once I got rid of the TL, the rest was just a matter of divide and conquer... but a long time in doing.

So I agree with jtillung: Open Rebellion is quite annoying, but still I would leave it in.  I found the way it worked in this game was to almost always hit my newly conquered worlds, ones with low populations and culture... and when I thought about it, this is how it probably would happen in real life... the newly conquered worlds would rise up before the long oppressed ones, wouldn't they???  So yes, it was annoying, but also exactly what should happen... you're prepping for a major battle.. but awww hell, those thrice damned rebels are acting up again....  Guess I better dispatch a squad to squash them....  hehehe

Something else I noticed, things like plasma and mag storms, and Gamma Ray bursts almost always happened near the blackhole, and I don't think one traveled more than maybe 3-4 phase lanes from the blackhole.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite, it fit in well with this map... all the violent crap happening down near the blackhole... perfect in fact!!!  But I'm curious... is this intentional?  Are they only supposed to travel out a few lanes?  If so, I will use this when I do my new maps and design them to take advantage.

Some will most likely disagree, and that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But myself???  I love the random events, and I would like to see even more.  It shakes things up, adds a little chaos into what might be a predictable outcome... and I love that!  Nothing more boring than being halfway thru a game and knowing you've already won.....  now it's not quite so easy...  think you have the game beat and suddenly you get hit with an economic downturn, and an insane titan just showed up and began reaping havoc.... what????

yeah..... with these 2 DLC's to beef up the expansions, SINS is starting to really kick ass!!!  please, PLEASE think about more, OK?  One thing I would love to see is our own solar system.  I know there are MODS to do this, but MODS take time to catch up to the game, and I would prefer to be MOD free if possible.  Please consider it... defending Earth from an alien invasion.... or trying to invade Earth???  How much fun would that be???  hehehe

Thank you Stardock, you did good!!!

November 23, 2013 4:55:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey, JimPeck. How much days you needed for these 16 hours game?  

Greetings,

November 24, 2013 9:23:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting VladislavStoilov,

Hey, JimPeck. How much days you needed for these 16 hours game?  

Greetings,

That one was off and on over a period of 4 days.... it was great!

December 3, 2013 10:40:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

December 3, 2013 12:06:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Anymore DLC's on the way? 

And are there plans to increase amount of Random events?

Around 50 would be enough to be "random".

Is the two gig limit so restrictive that the mad Titan couldn't have been a brand new ship, none have seen before?

Or there were no spare models laying around?

December 3, 2013 3:37:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is the Mad Vasari Titan Vorastra or Kultorask...or both, depending on chance? Is it level 1, when spawned? And finally, is the time into the game, at which it can pop-up limited in any way? I mean, can it show at your capital 10 minutes into the game?

December 3, 2013 3:50:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,
Is the Mad Vasari Titan Vorastra or Kultorask...or both, depending on chance? Is it level 1, when spawned? And finally, is the time into the game, at which it can pop-up limited in any way? I mean, can it show at your capital 10 minutes into the game?

I actually haven't gotten it myself yet, but I hear it is a level 1 Vorastra. And yes, there is a certain waiting period before it can spawn.

December 3, 2013 5:25:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I was going to attack the pirate base, when I arrived there, I saw at the last moment how one Mad Titan die. That's one and only time when I got the luck to see this random event. 

December 3, 2013 6:00:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting Timmaigh, reply 32Is the Mad Vasari Titan Vorastra or Kultorask...or both, depending on chance? Is it level 1, when spawned? And finally, is the time into the game, at which it can pop-up limited in any way? I mean, can it show at your capital 10 minutes into the game?

I actually haven't gotten it myself yet, but I hear it is a level 1 Vorastra. And yes, there is a certain waiting period before it can spawn.

Thanks GoaFan!

I had some hiatus lately when it comes to Rebellion, did not even play Stellar Phenomena so far at all, despite buying it on day 1 i think. But thats gonna change now.

December 3, 2013 6:32:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just had a idea;

What if the new Antimatter funnels could be resourced somehow and store antimatter back at your one of your planets?

How much more strategy would be in Sins if you could find these RARE antimatter funnels and defend and setup a new use for refineries?

Possible....next DLC?

December 4, 2013 2:50:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting VladislavStoilov,
I was going to attack the pirate base, when I arrived there, I saw at the last moment how one Mad Titan die. That's one and only time when I got the luck to see this random event.

It is not this rare, is it? I saw it at least three times and I only played 7-8 games with SP.. (Exam season sucks )

December 4, 2013 8:18:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Turchany,

It is not this rare, is it? I saw it at least three times and I only played 7-8 games with SP.. (Exam season sucks )

Exam season does suck I must agree, but it's not as common for me as it is you. The only time I got it was early game in a 5v5 map, my ally (AI) was whining about losing planets and I couldn't understand the problem as we had killed one of their neighbours, turns out it was a Mad Vasari Titan destroying their starbase and bombing their planet.

Although I too have not played many games, but that's going to change in a week or so 

December 4, 2013 9:11:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting WOEaintME,
turns out it was a Mad Vasari Titan destroying their starbase and bombing their planet.

A lone Vorastra (level 1) against a starbase is only enough if your ally is incompetent and did not improve anything on that base. If it was AI than it is no surprise

I can build a big enough fleet in early game so a lonely titan won't be enough to stop me even when I have to defend against unfair AI as well. I think this is a really good event, though should happen more often and the level of the ship should increase by time, so late game a level 10 Vorastra ravaging the system.. It would be so awesome.

December 4, 2013 9:34:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So no one likes my antimatter as a resource idea? 

Random events need to at least double in types.

December 4, 2013 9:39:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino49,
So no one likes my antimatter as a resource idea?

TBH I don't really understand what you wanted to say with that antimatter fountain stuff.. It is a bit unclear. Whatt do you want o do with the antimatter?

December 4, 2013 10:09:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Turchany,

Quoting WOEaintME,

turns out it was a Mad Vasari Titan destroying their starbase and bombing their planet.  

A lone Vorastra (level 1) against a starbase is only enough if your ally is incompetent and did not improve anything on that base. If it was AI than it is no surprise

I can build a big enough fleet in early game so a lonely titan won't be enough to stop me even when I have to defend against unfair AI as well. I think this is a really good event, though should happen more often and the level of the ship should increase by time, so late game a level 10 Vorastra ravaging the system.. It would be so awesome.

I think the AI had a defensive upgrade on the base but nothing else. The Vorastra was below 50% health when it destroyed the starbase.

Does anyone know if Mad Vasari Titans keep their ranks like regular titans? If so, a recurring Mad Vasari Titan could indeed get up to Lvl 10.

As for Wbino's antimatter refinery idea it would require some new way to deliver it to ships otherwise your fleet would have to return to one of your planets that was adjacent to the antimatter funnel (as refinery ships only travel one jump) which would mean your ships might as well return to the antimatter funnel. But all of the jumps (likely) between the funnel and the front line would mean that any antimatter regenerated would be lost returning to the frontline unless you're Vasari with a starbase at the antimatter funnel and a phase stabilizer at the frontline (or an Antorak behind enemy lines but who has a lvl 6 Antorak unless they're playing AI)

December 4, 2013 10:11:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino49,
Anymore DLC's on the way? 

Is the two gig limit so restrictive that the mad Titan couldn't have been a brand new ship, none have seen before?

In order:

Nothing is currently planned.

Maybe, depends on if I have time and come up with any that I can do myself that are worthwhile.

Yes, we're essentially now out of safe memory space.

There's also that, but it's more a RAM issue.

December 4, 2013 10:13:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting WOEaintME,
Does anyone know if Mad Vasari Titans keep their ranks like regular titans? If so, a recurring Mad Vasari Titan could indeed get up to Lvl 10.

The Mad Vasari Titan should only spawn once per game, so this wouldn't come into play. If it did, however, it should keep its previous level (in theory).

December 4, 2013 3:36:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

Quoting wbino49, reply 31Anymore DLC's on the way? 

In order:

Maybe, depends on if I have time and come up with any that I can do myself that are worthwhile.

Time to reconsider. We need MOAR!

December 4, 2013 3:47:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

Quoting wbino49, reply 31Anymore DLC's on the way? 

In order:

That's disappointing..

Sounds more like a side project..

I was hoping every 6 months or so we would get a new 10(random events) for $4.99 or so...

Not all of us are craving GalCiv.

December 5, 2013 2:36:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

One thing I've learned is corvettes do not last long in ice fields.

December 5, 2013 11:00:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good stuff Stardock I got the wiki updated now with all the new "stars" and Planet Types just trying to get the stellar phenomias in screenshot

December 10, 2013 9:27:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,
The Mad Vasari Titan should only spawn once per game, so this wouldn't come into play. If it did, however, it should keep its previous level (in theory).

You can give him an analogue "Unyielding Will"? That is:
1. When he HP = 0, he becomes immortal. This is the only thing that is taken from the "Unyielding Will".
2. When he HP = 0, he teleported to the center of the map (to in this  star system, if the system one .. or to center other star systems, solar systems if more than one).
3. Recharge time = 1 sec. He becomes immortal. And be able to reach level 10.

It will become a ghost.
You can give him another passive skill. Small chance that the shot will pass through it (can not remember the name of the skill)
December 10, 2013 9:39:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,
In order:

Maybe copy a couple of ideas of mods? I liked fashion pirates spectacular planet during raids. Another would be to protect pirates  base from guns TEC ( interplanetary).

Make pirates faction in of game. That is to give the opportunity to play for the Pirates. Start in the center of the map (displacing conventional pirates of the game). First to receive money from other players. Gradually conquer planets and study technology. + Raids on players (make the rules =  oblige to do raids .. otherwise = you pay the fines). Capture the entire solar system.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: