Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Random Events List (Mostly)

By on November 8, 2013 11:17:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+228

There's been several questions as to what the random events are in the Stellar Phenomena DLC, so here's a mostly complete list...

• Coronal Mass Ejection:  Generates at the system's star (except for black holes) and moves randomly between gravity wells for a period of time. Disables construction and weapons in affected areas for a period of time.
  • Gamma Ray Burst: Appears randomly outside the star system and moves between gravity wells for a period of time. Damages shields and gives all weapons a chance to bypass shields; also kills a large amount of an inhabited planet's population and limits population growth for a period of time.
  • Partisans:  May take place on any planet flipped by enemy Culture. Spawns a fleet of Rebel controlled ships of the previous owners race at the flipped planet who will attack anyone who comes near.
  • Plasma Storm:  Generates at a random gravity well and moves randomly between them for a period of time. Works the same as the stationary plasma storm - disables strike craft launch while active.
  • Magnetic Storm:  Generates at a random gravity well and moves randomly between them for a period of time. Works the same as the stationary magnetic storm - disables ability use while active.
  • Economic Upturn:  Occurs randomly; affects all players. Increases tax income by 50% and trade income by 70% on all owned planets for a period of time.
  • Economic Downturn:  Occurs randomly; affects all players. Decreases tax income by 50% and trade income by 70% on all owned planets for a period of time.
  • Cultural Explosion:  Randomly affects a single player. All structures which generate Culture get a 25% boost and enemy culture spread is reduced by 50% while this event is active.
  • Cultural Implosion:  Randomly affects a single player.  All structures which generate Culture get a 30% penalty and enemy culture spread is increased by 40% while this event is active.
  • Open Rebellion: May take place on any inhabited planet that is being affected by enemy culture once allegiance drops to 30% or less. When this occurs, the planet is flipped to neutral (unowned) and an uprising occurs with a fleet of ships spawning at the planet. 
Pinned, Locked Post 35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 8, 2013 11:38:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And where is the 11th? That is the only one I have not seen so far and I am really interested what it is..

BTW thanks for the list, it will be useful for many players

The gamma ray burst is severely annoying, it is too bright, is there any hope that it will be changed in the future?

November 8, 2013 2:07:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

New DLC, old bugs.

November 8, 2013 2:10:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting VladislavStoilov,

New DLC, old bugs.

Reduced 35%Original 1600 x 900

It's actually not a bug. Maybe it's not entirely clear, but those are 3 separate buffs that stack on each other. So when the Eradica is at less than 25% health it gets the bonuses of all 3.

November 8, 2013 3:44:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the answer GoaFan77

so it should be like that?

November 8, 2013 4:28:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

so it should be like that?

Basically, for every 25% damage the Eradica takes, at level 1 it gets.

25% Ability Cool Down Rate

5% Damage Reduction

200% Antimatter Regeneration.

Thus at more than 75% damage, it does indeed have 75% Ability Cooldown Rate, 15% Damage Reduction and 600% Antimatter Regeneration.

November 8, 2013 5:01:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And the second numbers? 75% - 150%; 15% - 30%; 600% - 1200%. What are they for?

Sorry for I'm asking so many questions. 

November 8, 2013 5:03:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What are they for?

That's what you get when you get the second level of the ability.

November 8, 2013 5:05:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

what about the mad vasari titan?

November 8, 2013 5:47:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GrimFear,

I got that one last night playing with 3 advent AI and myself with TL.

November 8, 2013 11:52:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Has anyone else noticed that this release is a bit slower in the graphics area? I have a map that I made in galaxyforge and it worked great in the 1.79 version.  I added the graveyard and a comet to the same map.

Game starts out great.  I start doing some research and capturing some planets and it still works great.  Once I start to battle it out with anyone the game comes to a crawl.  Even after the battle the game doesn't recover.  It seems like a memory issue to me.  Like the game is locking in a memory area for the battle and doesn't release it after the battle is over.

I have never had an issue like this before.  Any thoughts?

November 8, 2013 11:53:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Also what is the point of the graveyard?  A whole bunch of derelict ships and you can't salvage them or board them.  Unless I am missing something.

November 10, 2013 2:00:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting jsheeh9427,

Also what is the point of the graveyard?  A whole bunch of derelict ships and you can't salvage them or board them.  Unless I am missing something.

I guess their idea was that space travelers setup a outpost in the debris field for the sole purpose of salvaging any materials from the wreckages.

Which explains why you can only get a limited amount of tactical points and that's it, I guess the extractors are the way to make the "salvaging" idea work.

November 10, 2013 5:17:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I FOUND THE 11TH ONE.

A mad Vasari titan is marauding the system. A level 1 Vorastra (maybe it could also be a Kultorask next time?) appears at the central stelar object and it belongs to Mad Dark Fleet Remnants, a new neutral faction (grey), and it jumps and searches for battles.

November 10, 2013 4:56:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting jsheeh9427,

The extractors in this gravity well seem to give more resources than normal, presumably from all the destroyed ships to salvage.

November 10, 2013 5:45:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GrimFear,

Oh, I failed to realize this was an event until I got that today, and forgot you already mentioned it here.

It is a particularly fun thing early game, can mess up your plans pretty easily, I like it.

Quoting GoaFan77,
The extractors in this gravity well seem to give more resources than normal

Yes, like the Ice field, increased income, though the shattered moon has less income than other neutral extractors would.

I guess the main thing about the graveyard was putting another dead asteroid type object in the game that actually gives some income (next to the pirate base). We already had various objects giving unique amount and variation of resources, but we did not have a no population, only extractors type of thing before this.

Quoting jsheeh9427,
Also what is the point of the graveyard? A whole bunch of derelict ships and you can't salvage them or board them. Unless I am missing something.

It is a graveyard for a reason, those ships found here are not really useful now, they can only be used as resources for another ships now. At least in my understanding.

November 11, 2013 11:21:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I haven't had the event Mad Dark Fleet Titan so is the mysterious Vasari enemy a mad Dark Fleet?

November 12, 2013 1:51:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Emplear,
I haven't had the event Mad Dark Fleet Titan so is the mysterious Vasari enemy a mad Dark Fleet?

It's just a neutral titan spawning at the star's gravity well (enemy of everyone except TEC Rebel with TAR researched I guess). And that neutral, grey faction is named Mad Dark Fleet Remnants.

November 12, 2013 6:45:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting jsheeh9427,
Has anyone else noticed that this release is a bit slower in the graphics area? I have a map that I made in galaxyforge and it worked great in the 1.79 version. I added the graveyard and a comet to the same map.
Game starts out great. I start doing some research and capturing some planets and it still works great. Once I start to battle it out with anyone the game comes to a crawl. Even after the battle the game doesn't recover. It seems like a memory issue to me. Like the game is locking in a memory area for the battle and doesn't release it after the battle is over.
I have never had an issue like this before. Any thoughts?

What I have noticed is that after playing a game, I have to exit sins...if I don't, I will get lots and lots of texture issues (coronata is a giant white square, etc.) in the next game...I've made my paging file as large as 16 GBs, still have this issue with Sins even if nothing else is running in background...didn't have this problem before the new DLC...I had it happen in a few mods but only if my paging file was reset to be really small... 

November 12, 2013 7:22:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just noticed two small mistakes of these new stuffs, but they are really small and not so annoying.

• I was playing with Advent Loyalist against Advent Rebel, then conquered in the fast way one enemy planet with my titan's ability Repossession, my culture was going to overtake it in few minutes(10% allegiance), I bought all planetary upgrades and began building defense, then after 1 minute, I lost my planet really unexpected and the reason why was that three rebellion capital ships and a pack of other ships came there. The wrong thing here was that this rebellion army was TEC, not Advent, as the last owner of the planet.
  • When you save a game and have on a planet some new event like a Plasma Storm, then you reload the game and you can't view the event anymore, but it's still there and affect you. You see it only in the planet info. 
November 12, 2013 7:54:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

What I have noticed is that after playing a game, I have to exit sins...if I don't, I will get lots and lots of texture issues (coronata is a giant white square, etc.) in the next game...I've made my paging file as large as 16 GBs, still have this issue with Sins even if nothing else is running in background...didn't have this problem before the new DLC...I had it happen in a few mods but only if my paging file was reset to be really small... 

I have often Coronata titan as a giant black square, even before the DLC, but I thought it's from my weak video card. Sometimes it's fixed when you reload the game. 

November 12, 2013 8:31:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Turchany,

Quoting Emplear, reply 16I haven't had the event Mad Dark Fleet Titan so is the mysterious Vasari enemy a mad Dark Fleet?

It's just a neutral titan spawning at the star's gravity well (enemy of everyone except TEC Rebel with TAR researched I guess). And that neutral, grey faction is named Mad Dark Fleet Remnants.

Based on how much the TEC Rebels hate everyone, especially aliens, I feel as though the Mad Dark Fleet should attack everyone, especially the TEC Rebels. Just my two cents though. And as Vlad said two posts above, it would be nice to see the rebellion fleet as the last owner's faction and not always TEC.

November 12, 2013 9:16:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting WOEaintME,
Based on how much the TEC Rebels hate everyone, especially aliens, I feel as though the Mad Dark Fleet should attack everyone, especially the TEC Rebels. Just my two cents though. And as Vlad said two posts above, it would be nice to see the rebellion fleet as the last owner's faction and not always TEC.

True, there should be an exception so that the open rebellion or the partisans and the mad titan will be ENEMY for TR as well.. It's just strange that they revolt but wont hurt you..

And this only TEC ships thing is starting to bother me as well, but it's a problem having a long history, I have never really seen a neutral ship that is not TEC in ages.. I really think it would be more interesting if planetary militia would be different than TEC at some planets like desert or volcanic. And these rebellions, I don't think on a map (2v2 advent vasari factions) that has never seen a TEC faction a TEC rebellion would happen out of nowhere.

November 12, 2013 9:44:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have often Coronata titan as a giant black square, even before the DLC, but I thought it's from my weak video card. Sometimes it's fixed when you reload the game.

It's definitely not a weak video card...I have a GTX 660M, definitely not the best but far from weak...that's not to say there isn't a compatibility issue with the card, but it's more than capable for this game...

Normally these issues cropped up when my paging file was too small...I've made the paging file huge though and the issues still persist, and only since the DLC...

November 12, 2013 10:37:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Turchany,

Quoting WOEaintME, reply 21Based on how much the TEC Rebels hate everyone, especially aliens, I feel as though the Mad Dark Fleet should attack everyone, especially the TEC Rebels. Just my two cents though. And as Vlad said two posts above, it would be nice to see the rebellion fleet as the last owner's faction and not always TEC.

True, there should be an exception so that the open rebellion or the partisans and the mad titan will be ENEMY for TR as well.. It's just strange that they revolt but wont hurt you..

And this only TEC ships thing is starting to bother me as well, but it's a problem having a long history, I have never really seen a neutral ship that is not TEC in ages.. I really think it would be more interesting if planetary militia would be different than TEC at some planets like desert or volcanic. And these rebellions, I don't think on a map (2v2 advent vasari factions) that has never seen a TEC faction a TEC rebellion would happen out of nowhere.

Creating a thread specifically for these topics since it's somewhat of a derailment from the original topic.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/450068/page/1

November 12, 2013 1:43:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Vasari titan and rebel spawn forces from random events not being affected by TAR is unintentional. It's on our list to look at for a future update.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time: