Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Distant Stars Mod both Rebellion and Diplomacy (Trinity) supported.

Under new management.....sort of

By on November 10, 2013 12:54:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

Ryat

Join Date 06/2006
+405

First I would like to take the thank  rjhughes67 for taking up this project. Nacey has had a lot of things on his plate and so he has not gotten around to Distant Stars lately. He says he will occasionally pop in with comments and ideas but his time is being taken up else where. I, Ryat, will continue to be forum moderator and master bug hunter for this project. And maybe the occasional change/addition.

Second I would like to thank Nacey, -Ue_Carbon, Draakjacht, Stant123 and Skyline (the originator of this mod) for all of their hard work on this project. Also give thanks to all the modders whose mod projects we used, abused and otherwise mutilated for our own mod.

And finally to our fans. Let's face it. Sins of a Solar Empire is a very moddable game and there are some excellent mods out there. We thank you for sticking with us.

And now without further ado the links.....

443 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 23, 2015 1:23:58 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Haven't messed with the mod since upgrading to Win10. Will see if I get time to look it over.

November 4, 2015 7:25:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi, just wanted to give my support to this mod I've been playing since vanilla Sins!

Me and my friend are enjoying it in Rebellion and it's fantastic! Hopefully it will come out of life support. 

November 4, 2015 7:44:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting mikefacciola,

Hi there tried to fire up this mod, got about 15 minutes in and crashed

Did you "upgrade" to Win10?

I had the same. Doing a clean install of Win10 fixes it. 

November 4, 2015 9:00:39 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I might give the mod another whirl soon. Unfortunately life seems to intrude a lot more now. 

November 4, 2015 9:27:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually I started tinkering on the mod again this week. I have an Idea or two to throw at you soon Ryat. I am fixing all the Pirate ship pics, huds and icons. Maybe we can have an update soon.

November 4, 2015 10:10:25 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

That would be awesome. Maybe that will get my juices flowing.

November 12, 2015 3:56:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That would be so awesome. Thank you so much rjhughes67

November 22, 2015 1:22:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OMG!

Stant! Stant! Sins Rebellion on GOG! Yay!

November 22, 2015 3:32:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

not yet, BUT listed as TBA, just do not know when

harpo, the ghost NON-subscriber

November 22, 2015 1:58:59 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Indeed. It looks like Sins Rebellion can now be bought without Steam. Its never bothered me personally due to the fact that a lot of the issues I had with Steam were fixed but I understand Stant's point of view as well.

November 24, 2015 5:45:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sscamaro1967,

Stant! Stant! Sins Rebellion on GOG! Yay!

Say whaaaatttt!!!!

December 5, 2015 12:26:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Really like the soundtracks from Total Annihilation

December 5, 2015 6:17:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My posts keep getting eaten.

I've been too busy for months to even come here and chat a bit, and I'm sure most players, including myself, have moved on.  I don't see there being much demand for Rebellion mods.  I'll likely get it just to have it, but I think the Sins modding days are done.

December 5, 2015 10:30:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I wouldn't say the scene is dead. Changed and much smaller yes but not dead. Its become like KOTOR 2 now.

December 6, 2015 1:20:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is a game that will get rediscovered for several more years I think.  But ue to the intricate quirks of modding, it might not see a lot of new modding.

But Sins has one other use that I don't hear anyone mentioning:  Say you're an aspiring scfi author or artist.  You need a cover or web art for your project with custom ships, etc.

Pop a mesh model into Sins, stage the shot with your own backgrounds and you have budget space art creation.  Way cheaper than hiring a professional to create it for you from scratch.

December 6, 2015 1:20:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,

This is a game that will get rediscovered for several more years I think.  But due to the intricate quirks of modding, it might not see a lot of new modding.

But Sins has one other use that I don't hear anyone mentioning:  Say you're an aspiring scfi author or artist.  You need a cover or web art for your project with custom ships, etc.

Pop a mesh model into Sins, stage the shot with your own backgrounds and you have budget space art creation.  Way cheaper than hiring a professional to create it for you from scratch.

December 11, 2015 3:12:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Out now on gog, $20

December 18, 2015 12:49:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In case you were wondering........ We will be updating to V1.83 but it's not gonna be until sometime in January hopefully. Ryat and I are in the real busy time of the year on the dark side (a.k.a Real Life). So hang in there!

Thanks and Merry Xmas !

December 18, 2015 12:54:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting rjhughes67,

In case you were wondering........ We will be updating to V1.83 but it's not gonna be until sometime in January hopefully. Ryat and I are in the real busy time of the year on the dark side (a.k.a Real Life). So hang in there!

Thanks and Merry Xmas !

Good to hear, thanks!

December 18, 2015 11:55:48 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

In the mean time, enjoy some Star Wars.

December 21, 2015 7:32:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The force was with me.  It's great.

January 9, 2016 1:51:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is the current iteration stable for windows 7? I have not "upgraded" as of yet...

January 9, 2016 2:02:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Leuthesius,

Is the current iteration stable for windows 7? I have not "upgraded" as of yet...

Yes it is. The DS update for v1.83 is in testing as we are trying to reduce lag, but will be out soon.

January 12, 2016 11:24:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hype hype

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: