Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Star Wars: Episode VII Coming December 2015

By on November 12, 2013 3:23:06 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

starwarsIt’s official!  Star Wars: Episode VII will be coming to theaters on December 18th, 2015.

“With pre-production in full-swing, a confirmed release date of December 18, 2015, has been set for Lucasfilm's highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII.

"We're very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture," said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.”

Discuss your story ideas…..

130 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 29, 2014 2:58:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Max Von Sydow is still alive?!?  Well, he is 85...

He's come a long way since The Seventh Seal!

Loved him in Dune.  Also Conan.  Honorable mention for Flash Gordon, The Ice Pirates, and Never Say Never Again.

April 29, 2014 3:46:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
If the post trilogy agrees with the original EU (post return of the Jedi and pre Vector Prime) then I'll add them to my collection probably...

I was hoping that they would leave that part of the timeline alone as well, but the fact they had Heir to the Empire as the first of their "Star Wars Legends" titles makes be doubt that it is. At a minimum they didn't want to use Jacen and Jina, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up totally rewriting everything post Endor.

April 29, 2014 4:10:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I will be very disappointed if they write Thrawn out.  He was a credible, threatening Imperial antagonist who used intelligence and guile over brute force and didn't execute his men for failing him in the same way every other Imperial leader except Pellaeon seems to.

April 29, 2014 9:16:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I, like many folks, did not like star wars 1-3 (the second trilogy produced - but taking place earlier in the time line) as much as the first three produced.  Partly, I suppose, was the novelty factor wore off.  But, most importantly, the first three produced (4-6) did not take themselves so seriously.  They were fun.  They were a tad wacky.  The later produced episodes (1-3) were, IMHO, a tad pretentious, too serious, etc.  Now, some folks like the franchise having been taken in that more serious direction.  Cool.  I'm not one of them - so I will view other things. 

April 29, 2014 9:37:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

April 30, 2014 9:39:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Chuckles

April 30, 2014 9:43:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I still have total faith in JJ Abram's ability to completely fuck this up...

And yes, I STILL haven't forgiven him for the Beer Factory incident in Star Trek!

April 30, 2014 9:47:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting tjashen,
Beer Factory incident

There was a beer factory incident? I saw both films and don't remember that one. Probably senility kicked in again. Lol

April 30, 2014 10:25:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Quoting tjashen, reply 82Beer Factory incident

There was a beer factory incident? I saw both films and don't remember that one. Probably senility kicked in again. Lol

The whole transporting a crewmember (Scotty?) into the cooling tubes in Engineering?  That was filmed in a beer factory, with the actual beer factory being passed off as the engineering section of the ship.  Setting the very likely highly toxic/lethal doses of radioactive coolant coming into skin contact aside, it completely disregarded decades of Star Trek canon r.e. the look of engineering, because JJ was simply lazy.

I have other critiques, but no sense starting a flame war here.  I have no faith in JJ's abilities, simple as that.  Some others think he's the best thing since swiss cheese, more power to them.

It just saddens me that another franchise I grew up with is in his hands.

April 30, 2014 10:33:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Hankers, are you suggesting I am old?  I resent resemble that remark. 

April 30, 2014 10:39:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting tjashen,

THIS^^

Has this tardo ever done anything original, or just constant rip off and wreck?

April 30, 2014 10:41:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Me? I'm waiting for the merchandising...need a new coffee maker!

April 30, 2014 10:48:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting tjashen,

Fear not...Disley hasn't got their hands on where it COUNTS.....

....Lucas still has that....the reason for the whole crap series in the first place.

Ever wondered why it took decades to get 2/3rds through the 'series'?

He discovered he could milk the franchise/toy sales 'forever' without busting a gut producing them in a rush.

Suckers will always buy it/them.

Production certainly wasn't in response to 'fan' pressure for more.

April 30, 2014 11:51:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Me? I'm waiting for the merchandising...need a new coffee maker!

That is hella cool!

April 30, 2014 5:44:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting tjashen,
That is hella cool!

Um.....Doc likes to dabble in Photoshop ....

April 30, 2014 6:11:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can Ford really act anymore as he seems to be aging very badly? He was terrible in Endersgame.Fisher and Hammil have not done anything for a long time.These are not really the leads you're looking for.

Is this setting really that interesting anymore in a post LOTR movie,GOT series world?

April 30, 2014 6:36:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ford, Fisher and Hammil will bring in the Nostalgia factor and put arses in the theater seats.. I think i will enjoy seeing them reunited once again. Tho I wil wait for blueray release..

I stopped watching after Jarjar.. havent seen one since..

I loved the original 3 movies..

I must be one of those weird ones who liked trek and wars.. I really never understood the hate and frustration on either side of the debate.. People abusing each other over a fictional story played out by actors.. go figure..

But then I never could figure out the whole Sports fanatic thing too.. not sure why I'm supposed to feel better than others or empowered if some guy I have never met, prolly never will meet, excels at some physical activity in a way i couldn't in my wildest dream.. while I can appreciate his achievement's I don't get the whole living thru them as if his achievements were my own..

April 30, 2014 7:45:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ashbery76,

Can Ford really act anymore as he seems to be aging very badly? He was terrible in Endersgame.Fisher and Hammil have not done anything for a long time.These are not really the leads you're looking for.

Is this setting really that interesting anymore in a post LOTR movie,GOT series world?

I actually didn't mind Ford in Enders Game. And in terms of fame Mark Hamill was arguably at the best of his career since Episode 6 a few years ago for voicing the Joker in Arkham City, though how he will do in movie acting is of course a fair question. Ms. Fisher, alas, is definitely the wild card to say the least.

April 30, 2014 8:24:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
Um.....Doc likes to dabble in Photoshop .

And you wouldn't like a barbie like this? Not a coincidence...the Missus has told me about yer cookin' skills, Darth....

And for old HG? To accompany his Pizza:

April 30, 2014 8:32:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

yay my star wars patio set is now complete!!!

May 6, 2014 3:20:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Star Wars VII: The Ancient Fear is the supposedly the working title for the film.  It hasn't been officially confirmed, but it's here for discussion.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67205

June 2, 2014 4:01:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://starwars.com/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-academy-award-winner-lupita-nyongo-and-game-of-thrones-gwendoline-christie.html

"Lupita Nyong'o joins the recently announced cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. This year, her breakthrough performance in 12 Years a Slave earned her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Gwendoline Christie, currently starring in the hit television series Game of Thrones as Brienne of Tarth, has also been cast in the production. She can next be seen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2.

"I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."

June 4, 2014 12:07:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

And another movie....

http://starwars.com/news/josh-trank-to-direct-stand-alone-star-wars-film.html

In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney continue development of multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. The newest director to come on board is Josh Trank.

"We're thrilled to welcome Josh into the family," says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "He is such an incredible talent and has a great imagination and sense of innovation. That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I through IX."

June 4, 2014 12:11:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
June 4, 2014 12:57:08 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It's the Falcon's Dejarik table!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time: