Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Help creating new abilities, Entity Ref not found:

By on November 21, 2013 12:46:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

CalmLlama

Join Date 03/2013
+1

Hello everyone and thanks for your help,

I am trying to learn how to create abilities.  I'm starting off by copying AbilityGravityWarhead, but i keep getting an error. Entity Ref not found: AbilityGravityWarheadA   I copied the entity file, and put an 'A' at the end, then i added an 'A' to the ability in CAPITALSHIP_PHASECOLONY.  I also changed the antimatter cost to 900 in the 'A' ability so i can tell the two apart. 

I added entityName "AbilityGravityWarheadA.entity" to the manifest too. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 21, 2013 1:21:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You need to edit the entity.manifest file. It basically tells the game which entity files to load. If you don't add your new entity to the list, the game will no idea it is there.

November 21, 2013 1:23:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Did you add it to the bottom of the manifest and not update the count?

Might be obvious, but are you doing this in a mod? or install dir?

November 21, 2013 10:23:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I put entityName "AbilityGravityWarheadA.entity" at the bottom of the manifest file, then i increase the number at the top by 1. 

I'm installing this as a mod in the mod folder. 

November 22, 2013 7:10:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting CalmLlama,

I put entityName "AbilityGravityWarheadA.entity" at the bottom of the manifest file, then i increase the number at the top by 1. 

I'm installing this as a mod in the mod folder. 

I assume from the above you're still having trouble with this?

What Goafan and myfist are saying is right. You need to check the basic stuff, are there any spelling mistakes?

Are you updating the entity manifest file in your mod folder or the main game one? Obviously, you shouldn't be messing around with the original one but if you were updating this one then I don't think the game would find the new ability.

November 22, 2013 7:19:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When you enable your mod, does the checksum read > 0 ?

You may have to zip up what you have so we can take a look 

November 22, 2013 8:08:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the help everyone!  I'm still not sure what was wrong, but i think there was data corruption somewhere.  I deleted the mod and all the source files i unzipped, then i used 7zip to unzip them again and everything seems to be working normally now.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: