Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

What comes after?

Where is Sins heading?

By on January 16, 2014 12:14:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SargentAla

Join Date 02/2012
+1

Whats next for the universe of Sins?

We've seen a great Trilogy from the beginning, and a wonderfully transformed universe with the Rebellion series. But my question is... What comes next? Sure Ironclad will squeeze a few more dollars out of us from expansions and improvements. But where does the story turn from here? 
The Vasari, the Advent, as well as the TEC are great factions and you can't make the game too much "prettier"... Well haha, I guess with the way technology is advancing you could make anything look prettier. I'd sure buy an advanced version of Sins that looks even better than this one! But hey thats just me. My point is... I want to know what's next!
What are everyone's idea's and thoughts about what's next and what's to come?  

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 16, 2014 12:55:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The biggest thing will be to makes things run better. That new Oxide engine with the Mantle Core looks nummies in regards to Sins.

After that, there is the question "what is chasing the Vasari and has it arrived yet?"

Also, I can see the division of Rebels and Loyalists getting greater.

After that, IDK.

January 16, 2014 1:07:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

More Space Ponies?

backs out of the room slowly.... 

January 16, 2014 8:41:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RedDwarf999,
More Space Ponies?

In many colors now.

*grabs RedDwarf999 and brings him into the middle of the room*

January 16, 2014 11:47:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want to thank the Academy (Starfleet) and everyone who has ever encouraged or believed in me over these many years. 

This award belongs to all of us!

backs out of the room slowly...  

January 16, 2014 1:08:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,

Whats next for the universe of Sins?

We've seen a great Trilogy from the beginning, and a wonderfully transformed universe with the Rebellion series. But my question is... What comes next? Sure Ironclad will squeeze a few more dollars out of us from expansions and improvements. But where does the story turn from here? 
The Vasari, the Advent, as well as the TEC are great factions and you can't make the game too much "prettier"... Well haha, I guess with the way technology is advancing you could make anything look prettier. I'd sure buy an advanced version of Sins that looks even better than this one! But hey thats just me. My point is... I want to know what's next!
What are everyone's idea's and thoughts about what's next and what's to come?  

Sins on Oxide with mantle would be incredible.  I'd love to se Sins offered as a persistent universe RTS with customizable starting races unique to each player.

January 16, 2014 4:42:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,

Sins on Oxide with mantle would be incredible.  I'd love to se Sins offered as a persistent universe RTS with customizable starting races unique to each player.

That would be pretty amazing! I think it would be best though to not have completely "unique" races, but have sub factions of the races we know about. I enjoy the lore of the Sins universe and I don't want to throw into the mix a 100 new races just because its an open world persistent universe. Give us the ability to customize our planets, our tech, and in turn, our Starbases and Titans!
Seriously... who doesn't want to customize their own TITAN!!??  

January 16, 2014 5:42:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would love for all of my defensive structures to move within a gravity well.  Even if it is really slowly.

backs out of the room slowly...  

January 16, 2014 11:49:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's not hard to do for us modders.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: